Hide #N/A

I have VLOOKUP applied to the cells in a column.  When the "value" cell is
empty, the corresponding "results" cell in that row contains "#N/A"
Question:
How do I hide (or not display) "#N/A" ?
Thanks, Mark Flynn

0
flynn (25)
8/13/2004 4:50:58 PM
excel 39880 articles. 0 followers. Follow

=if(isna(vlookup),"",vlookup)

--
Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

"Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net> wrote in message
> I have VLOOKUP applied to the cells in a column.  When the "value" cell is
> empty, the corresponding "results" cell in that row contains "#N/A"
> Question:
> How do I hide (or not display) "#N/A" ?
> Thanks, Mark Flynn

0
twogilvy (1078)
8/13/2004 4:54:20 PM
Hi
use
=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),"",VLOOKUP(...))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I have VLOOKUP applied to the cells in a column.  When the "value"
cell is
> empty, the corresponding "results" cell in that row contains "#N/A"
> Question:
> How do I hide (or not display) "#N/A" ?
> Thanks, Mark Flynn

0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/13/2004 4:55:42 PM
Thank you Tom and Frank for your prompt reply.
I fiddled around, and plugged in my vlookup expression in Tom's example and
it worked:

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(M4,Model_LookUp,2)),"",VLOOKUP(M4,Model_LookUp,2))

I appreciate your time, Mark Flynn

"Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net> wrote in message
> I have VLOOKUP applied to the cells in a column.  When the "value" cell is
> empty, the corresponding "results" cell in that row contains "#N/A"
> Question:
> How do I hide (or not display) "#N/A" ?
> Thanks, Mark Flynn

0
flynn (25)
8/13/2004 5:39:57 PM
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 09:50:58 -0700, "Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net> wrote:

>I have VLOOKUP applied to the cells in a column.  When the "value" cell is
>empty, the corresponding "results" cell in that row contains "#N/A"
>Question:
>How do I hide (or not display) "#N/A" ?
>Thanks, Mark Flynn

In addition to what others have posted, you could use Conditional Formatting

Use the Formula Is: option.    =ISNA(cell_ref)  and format the font color to
the same color as the background color (default = white)

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3124)

i have a fax sent to me for review but i cant open its saying i n
iam having a problem opening a fax that was sent to me in excel spreadsheet Do you have the Excel application on your computer? If yes, which version do you have? If you have Excel 97 and the attachment was created in XP or 2003, then you may not be able to open it until you upgrade. "loans" wrote: > iam having a problem opening a fax that was sent to me > in excel spreadsheet If you have xl95, you won't be able to open a workbook saved in xl97, 2k, 2002, 2003 file format. But xl97 should open an xl2k, xl2002 or xl2003 workbook with no problems. (and xl95 could op...

Hiding formuals in cells question

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Access Note table in date order, when go to note form, dates are n
Help, I have checked everything and can't find the solution. I have a database that has date visited on the form. I want the last date visited displayed at bottom of form, and prior visits in order above. Anyhow, when I run the note table everything is in proper date order, however, when I put the notes in the note table, and look at it from there, they are NOT in date order. Has anyone had this happen to them? I will still be checking things, but I think I need some help on this quirky one. Thanks. -- Rachel Rollins Access stores records like a barrel of bricks, no...

hide my name

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hiding plot Area

how to hide an ActiveX control?

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Can I Hide a Field?
I'm wanting to hide a field on a form (products form in this case) for some users but not for other users. Is this possible? For example, can I hide the product cost (wholesale) of an item for the salesperson, but not for the CEO? -- Brandon IT Director Office Equipment & Supplies at http://www.presentationsdirect.com Hi Brandon, You cannot have different formlayouts for different users/Teams at this time... Regards, Michael Randrup "Brandon S." <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:e4pDiMrYDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm ...

Hide Unhide Hide again
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003. It seems in the older versions, when I hid a column or row, it would put a little "+" tab above the labels. You could easily "click" or "unclick" ("hide" or unhide") the columns or rows. I need to be able to hid these rows or columns, but unhide them for use and then hid them again for ease of use and printing. Thank you. Hiding rows/columns and Grouping/Outline are quite different features. The little + sign occurs when you group (outline) it's not actually hiding rows Its under the DATA > GROUP AND O...

Hide Text box
If I have a text box on my report called [tbTax] and if the text box is showing 0 or Null , what code do I need to make it not visible? Thanks for any help....Bob Bob If you have only the textbox (and not an accompanying label), having Null in the underlying field would mean there was nothing there to show on the report. One approach to changing the visibility of the control would be to add something into the OnFormat event of the report, perhaps: tbText.Visible = Nz([tbText],0)<>0 Or you could use that Nz() function in a query underlying your report and do your conver...

How do hide tracking changes from various users in Word 2007
I would like to hide the tracking changes in Word 2007 as a document is passed from user to user. Presently, every time a user opens the file that I have sent them, the file opens showing all the tracking changes. I would like it to Open and not show the tracking changes and just have the user do their changes. the users are getting confused by all the markups. I have tried the procedures mentioned which are: 1) Trust Center - Privacy Options 2) remove check for "Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving" Is the procedure that I listed supposed to work? What wil...

hiding GAL
On an Exchange 2003/Win 2003 Server setup I need to hide the GAL from a group of users (or better yet, hide it from everyone and rely only on filtered address lists). The problem is that (i) I cannot figure out how to hide the GAL from a group and (ii) OWA needs to display filtered address lists than instead of the GAL. Any ideas? In addition to hiding the GAL you should also hide the Offline Address Book. GAL ESM->Right Click GAL->Properties->Security Tab->clear "Allow inheritable permissions"->Choose to copy exisiting permissions->Remove Everyone and Auth...

static hide
Hello, I have complicated frame with a lot of own derivide CWnds, CStatics and CButtons. The controls have the some special styles like CLIPSIBLINGS and WS_EX_TRANSPARENT. Now I want to update a CStatic text. In MyStatic::OnPaint() I draw the text with textmode TRANSPARENT. Problem: I update the the text of an MyStatic. But the control shows the old text and the new text. Then I make a test, to hide the control. But after 'ShowWindow(SW_HIDE)' the text of the control is still visible. Only, if I repaint the whole frame (resize the frame) then the control is hide. >...

Hiding Tabs with CTabCtrl
Hello, I am using a CTabCtrl to manage different UI states. These states are controled by a combo box. I am bassically using the tab ctrl to easily display the apporpiate child dlg. I would like to hide the "tab" part of the control, and just show the child dlg. I there a way to do this? I have tried a quite a few tricks, and none of them seem to work. Any assitence would be greatly apperciated. Thank you. >>Any assitence would be greatly apperciated. If your talking about a PropertySheet, then maybe getting the TabControl. CMyPropertySheet. CTabCtrl* tab = Ge...

Change or hide Form Group Box outline
Can I change the color of the Group Box outline. It is currently black, and I would want it white so it is invisible, or gray if I use a gray background. I am using it in XL2003 to put 2 Option buttons in. Thanks, Tonso You'll have to use VBA to make the groupbox invisible. activesheet.groupboxes.visible = false will work for a small (whatever that means) number of groupboxes. But if you have lots, you can use: dim GBX as groupbox for each GBX in activesheet.groupboxes gbx.visible = false next gbx On 01/09/2012 08:26, Tonso wrote: > Can I change the color of the Group Box o...

how can I make the spanish n from my laptop?
I am trying to create a postcard in spanish but I can't make the n have the symbol above it from my laptop. Any ideas? shannon wrote: > I am trying to create a postcard in spanish but I can't > make the n have the symbol above it from my laptop. Any > ideas? ==================================== Did you try using the Character Map? Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Character Map... From Publisher...try going to...Insert / Symbol... -- John Inzer Small � type alt+0241 Cap � type alt+0209 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msau...