VLOOKUP 05-05-10

I am using VLOOKUP as I have many times in the past.  The formula I am using
is:

=VLOOKUP($A3,Raw,2,FALSE)

It returns a "0" presumeably becasue it thinks the value in column 2 is "0".
It returns the same thing regardless of the column, with one exception,
column 1.  It returns that value appropriately.  The format for the columns
vary between numbers, texts, dates.

Thanks in advance

You'll see that 0 if the "sending" cell is empty.

My guess is that the "sending" cell contains 0 or is empty AND there's a match
higher in the range that you're not noticing.

Or maybe Raw isn't the range you expected it to be.

You may want to share what's in $a3, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"PAL" wrote:

> I am using VLOOKUP as I have many times in the past.  The formula I am using
> is:
>
> =VLOOKUP($A3,Raw,2,FALSE)
>
> It returns a "0" presumeably becasue it thinks the value in column 2 is "0".
> It returns the same thing regardless of the column, with one exception,
> column 1.  It returns that value appropriately.  The format for the columns
> vary between numbers, texts, dates.
>
> Thanks in advance

How to access table buffer in GP 10.0?
Hi, I am trying to access table buffer of table SOP_HDR_WORK attached to SOP_Entry form. But if I use the same piece of code I was using for GP 9.0 - if 'SOP Number' of table SOP_HDR_WORK <> "" then {some code} end if; I am not getting back any result. Is there any change the way we can access the table buffers in GP 10.0? Thanks. ...

using a date in vlookup
i want to perform a vlookup using the Now() function to generate the lookup value (A1), the 1st column in the table [col B] array will be all the dates in a year listed consequtive,, and the 2nd column being a value assigned to each day in the 1st column [B]. My formula is vlookup(A1,B1:C367,2). The result I get is "#N/A. What am i doing wrong? Thanks Tonso NOW() returns both the date and the time, so you would be better off using TODAY(), which only returns the date. Another problem might be that your dates in column B are really text values that just look like dates - see what happe...

vlookup excel and access...
assuming i have this code, is possible to use this vlookup withnthe adta into mdb access?... old scenario: Private Sub TextBox25_Change() Dim CODICE As Integer Select Case Me.TextBox25 Case "" Me.TextBox4 = "" Case 1 To 8 CODICE = Val(Me.TextBox25) Me.TextBox4 = Application.WorksheetFunction.VLookup _ (CODICE, Worksheets("TABELLA").Range("Q2:R9"), 2, False) Case Else Call MULTI_LINE_BOX End Select End Sub new scenario: Inested column Q and R in excel i have created a mdb into: \\my server\myserverdir\USER.MDB and into this mdb have inserte a table U...

Query Help 05-21-07
I've posted an example of the Query results I would like returned from my Data Source. Basically, I want to have one row for each item, then have columns for the Months and show the Qty for that Item under the given Month. I know I can get my desired results using VBA, but was wondering if it could be done with straight SQL. Thank you. Data Source: Item Month Qty --------- --------- ------ 12345 1 50 12345 2 65 12345 3 42 67890 1 15 67890 2 11 67890 3 26 Query Results: Item Qt...

Vlookup within a vlookup
I am trying to lookup a cell within a table - but the table to use is found in another table. =VLOOKUP(B3,VLOOKUP(B2,F3:G9,2,2),2) Cell B2 is a dropdown box allowing one of the choices in colum f below. Column G represents which table to use for the initial lookup based on your choice in the drop down dox. column f column g Alt A 30 Yr fixed30 Alt A 15 Yr fixed15 All I get is an error - can someone help ? Thanks, Yosef It sounds like you would need to use INDIRECT within the lookup formula http://tinyurl.com/czxtt that thread shows the way to do it exce...

Lost on Vlookup, match, etc....
Can someone walk me through this please? I a workbook that imports a years worth of data from filemaker to be analyzed and charted in excel. It contains several sheets, but I am concerned with worksheet 1 (daily data) and worksheet 2 (bodyweight). Daily data contains the raw data I pull in from Filemaker. It results in a table with a row for each day of the year. It has 12 columns, but in this instance, I am only interested in 2 of the colums Column F, (Date), and Column R (Bodyweight). There is only one entry per week for body weight. The bodyweight sheet has 3 columns (week #, date, and w...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Problems after System Restore 01-10-10
I don't see my original post, so here it is again. After a system restore (saving data), PC is still not functioning properly, slow and whirring noise from hard drive when not using the PC. It is a HP with Windows Media 2005. When exploring system tools I noticed that all the start up programs (95 pages) have duplicates. Is this normal? Also, PC is still running slow. Here is an example of what the start up programs show: $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $ncsp$ $ncsp$.inf .DEFAULT Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Startup $winnt$ $winnt$.inf .DEFAULT...

LDAP Error 150 04-22-10
Hello, We are experiencing an issue with our users using Entourage 2008 on Mac OS X 10.6 clients. The server is a recent Exchange migration and is running the latest Kerio Connect version. All client computers have been upgraded to the latest version of Office as well. What happens is every couple hours users are getting an error message that pops up and says an unknown error has occurred and lists LDAP error 150. They can hit ok and continue, but it's very annoying. I've googled the error message to no end, but haven't come up with anything solid. I've tried disablin...

disappearing e-mail 04-21-10
This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some email just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other threads that say make sure you are are set to show all messages and I am. What next? "Trish1856" <pmf1856@cox.net> wrote in message news:C8EFF7C5-B8C5-4F52-8D9F-070299902F6C@microsoft.com... > This has happenend several times: Vista; When I open my e-mail, some > email > just disappears, it's not in any folder, it's just gone. I''ve read other > threads that say make...

Expression 05-12-10
My first table with expressions worked after I messed with the relationship of the tables I had such a mess that I started over. Now the expressions aren't working. Pro Rate Table Auto Num Unit MonthlyRent DailyRent [MonthlyRent]/30 StartDate EndDate NumDays [EndDate]-[StartDate] Amt [MumDays]*[DailyRent] Originally I had Monthlyrent getting data from another field =adj rent ..... StartDate got data =LeaseStart+30 all the data is in the same table and the same form any ideas... =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?= wrote: > > My first table with expressions wor...

Closing Balance figure to be carried as Opening Balance in a new record 02-14-10
I am working on a database for Accounts in which I need to carry the closing balance of one record as the opening balance of the next record. both the fields are "Number" type. Like MCCB in record No.x or y or z should be carried to the next new record as the opening balance fieldname MCOB. This carrying of CB as OB should take effect while working continuously, or after a closing the form and reloading after a one or two or when opened the next day or next working day. I want a solution to this problem of mine. Please help me -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com...

VLOOKUP problem
I down a list of top 100 stock symbols to Excel and place them in Column A and their rank in Column B (1-100). the next week I download a new list of the top 100 stock symbols and their rank to Column C and D respectively. then I create column E using the function =VLOOKUP(C4,A:B,2,FALSE) Which tels me the rank each stock had last week and if a stock is new this week it puts "#N/A" in the appropriate cell in column E. How do I get the Vlookup function to put "NEW" in column E if the is new to the list and wasn't in the list last week? Ed =if(isn...

Enumerator 02-10-10
Hi! At the end is a complete short program listed. If I do this statement Stack<string>.Enumerator q = numbers.GetEnumerator(); I create a Enumerator that is called q in this example. But enumerator is used when iterating through a collection for example by using the foreach construction. So my first simple question is why is it not possible to write foreach in this way using q as an enumerator ??? This cause the compile that is listed after the foreach. My qualified guess is because this enumerator q doesn't implement the IEnumerable we can't use a foreach he...

Change color of "selected" (highlighted) text in Word 2008 for Mac 05-17-10
"Selected" text is in a light blue color, which is difficult to see against the white background. Is there any way to change this color to a different color which is more easily visible? Thanks. Previously answered. See the thread you started 16/05/10 17:35. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 17/05/10 07:58, Eric74 wrote: > "Selected" text is in a light blue color, which is difficult to see against > the white background. Is there any way to change this color to a different > color which is more easily visible? > > Thanks. In articl...

GP 10 Business Portal and .Net framwork 3.0 SP1
I applied SP1 to .NET framework 3.0. Now I have to reverse it because Dynamics GP 10 Business Portal doesn't recognize 3.0 SP1 What's the proper procedure to do the reversal since I have MOSS 2007 installed and configured properly with SP1 already. Thanks Bill ...

VLOOKUP #40
Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. Could you provide a few more details about what exactly you want to do. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "dr" <drivera@opvista.com> wrote in message news:1f1001c52c08$ad4c33a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Would like to post data from one worksheet to another. ...

validation 03-10-10
hi, every one.. How to validate between two workbook..? Is there any option on this Please describe what data you have in each workbook, and what you want to do with it. Pete On Mar 10, 11:57=A0am, selvaraj <selva...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi, every one.. > > How to validate between two workbook..? > > Is there any option on this Hi, Look into Debra web http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html At the bottom you will find more links to examples and vs Hope this helps "selvaraj" wrote: > hi, every one.. ...

Running total 10-25-07
Is there anyway to produce a running total in a query? I tried the help menus but they only mention running totals in reports. You have to have a field that supply the order (like a dateStamp) and, sure, the value to be summed. SELECT a.dateStamp, LAST(a.theValue), SUM(b.theValue) FROM yourTable AS a INNER JOIN yourTable AS b ON a.dateStamp >= b.dateStamp GROUP BY a.dateStamp will then do. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Beagle1927" <ebonystealth@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1193324501.725632.305280@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Is...

combobox and vlookups?
I am trying to add a combobox that when you select from the dropdown menu, the columns nextdoor automatically pull up corresponding data that is related to the selection from the dropdown list. Does this make sense? What do I do to set this whole thing up? (I don't know code). Thanks. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com You shouldn't need code for anything you described here. Set up the combobox with the list fill range, if any. Set the linked cell to the desired cell. Then, use the VLOOKUP command in another cell to look for the linked cell from the combo box to lo...

VLOOKUP
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01CAC8EE.B1306170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, I use the VLOOKUP function to pull basic data from external data sheets, currently an example of my command looks like this: =VLOOKUP($A5,'[RT NP 67 MF.xls]ODD'!$A$1:$S$250,$L$1,FALSE) The "$AA%" is the data I am looking up and the "$L$1" is a variable to the column I am wishing to insert. The question I am trying to get an answer for concerns...

Crystal Reports 01-27-05
I have installed CRM and get a licence error when trying to run crystal reports. Can anyone tell me where I get the licence information from? Does it not come with CRM? Thanks Simon Its not really a licence error, thats just the standard message Try stopping and restarting all Crystal services <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14c801c50454$dba7fa30$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have installed CRM and get a licence error when trying > to run crystal reports. > > Can anyone tell me where I get the licence information > from? Does it not come wit...

How to remove a company in GP 10
After I upgraded to GP 10, I deleted a old company and recreate a new company with the same ID. However, I accidentally deleted the company through SQL Server 2005 Management Studio before deleting it within GP. Now when I try to create the company in GP Utilities, I get an error message indicating 'This ID has been assigned to another company'. When I try to delete this company in GP, I get an error message indicating the database could not be located in 'sysdatabases'. How can I completely remove this database from GP? Thanks. Kevin, Try using th...

Help with IIf statement 02-19-10
I am trying to get the following to work in one of my queries. ACTION: IIF([DELETE REQUEST FOR MOCC]![MODEL] & [FSCM] & [SERIAL]=[ISR]![MODEL NUMBER] & [ISR]![CAGE] & [ISR]![SERIAL NUMBER],"DELETE", IIF([DELETE REQUEST FOR MOCC]![MODEL] & [FSCM] & [SERIAL]=[ISSUED REPORT]![MODEL NUMBER] & [ISSUED REPORT]![CAGE] & [ISSUED REPORT]![SERIAL NUMBER],"TRANSFER”)) What I am trying to accomplish is any data that is on the Delete Request for MOCC and on the ISR want it to respond with delete. If the record on Delete Request for MOCC is a...

Re: OE won's send email, insufficient memory 02-25-10
"dada" <ali-mehrvar22@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:... > > "BlueMagoo" <BlueMagoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:0CE239C6-E6D5-483C-BEA2-A8B98548C13F@microsoft.com... >> Suddenly OE will not send email but gives a "not enough memory" message. >> My >> sent mail folder is suddenly empty as well. Also, if I try to move a >> message >> into the now empty sent malil folder I get the same message. Other logon >> IDs >> on the same computer can still send and receive...