VLOOKUP 05-05-10

  • Follow

I am using VLOOKUP as I have many times in the past.  The formula I am using
is:

=VLOOKUP($A3,Raw,2,FALSE)

It returns a "0" presumeably becasue it thinks the value in column 2 is "0".
It returns the same thing regardless of the column, with one exception,
column 1.  It returns that value appropriately.  The format for the columns
vary between numbers, texts, dates.

Thanks in advance

0
Reply Utf 5/5/2010 5:01:02 PM

You'll see that 0 if the "sending" cell is empty.

My guess is that the "sending" cell contains 0 or is empty AND there's a match
higher in the range that you're not noticing.

Or maybe Raw isn't the range you expected it to be.

You may want to share what's in $a3, too.

--

Dave Peterson
0

What is your question? From your example, "Raw" must be a named range
spanning at least two contiguous columns. The value you are matching (from
A3) must be in the leftmost column of the range "Raw", and the value to be
returned must be in the second column of the range "Raw".

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"PAL" wrote:

> I am using VLOOKUP as I have many times in the past.  The formula I am using
> is:
>
> =VLOOKUP($A3,Raw,2,FALSE)
>
> It returns a "0" presumeably becasue it thinks the value in column 2 is "0".
> It returns the same thing regardless of the column, with one exception,
> column 1.  It returns that value appropriately.  The format for the columns
> vary between numbers, texts, dates.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Reply Utf 5/5/2010 5:27:02 PM