Publish interactive data to the Web using Excel (Problem)

Greetings,
im having some problems with publishing interactive data to the Web using
Excel. I followed the instructions at:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010552771033.aspx

I downloaded and installed the Office Web Components (owc11.exe) - I tried
using both the Danish and the English version

I am running with IE8.0
I am using MS Office 2003 using SP3   (11.8320.8221)
I am running WindowsXP SP3

No matter what I do i allways get the message:

Hvis du vil bruge denne webside interaktivt, skal du have Microsoft®
Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2 (SP2) eller nyere og Microsoft Office
2003 Web Components.

*******  Translation  ********
If you want to use this website interactively, you need to have Microsoft®
Internet Explorer 5.01 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or higher and Microsoft Office
2003 Web Components.
******  Translation End  ******

I am at a loss - I have no idea what's causing it - Can anyone help me ?

Memo Field Truncates my Data in Table?!
Ok - from what I understand a "MEMO" field type should allow at least 65k worth of data to be saved in your database table. However, I am manually opening my table and typing in text that is a half a dozen sentences and when I hit enter to move onto the next field - it truncates my data. I go back to the field in the table and only 255 characters exists. Can someone please explain wtf is going on here? Yes, I'm absolutely certain in database design the "MEMO" type is selected. This does not make sense to me, and I'm not very familiar with access(I'm a ...

Installing components for Microsoft Excel XP
I Need Help. I recently demoted my PDC to a standard server and joined another domain. Now when I attempt to access Excel I receive the following: =========================================== "Installing components for Microsoft Excel" Installing: "Microsoft Excel Feature" =========================================== It runs and then goes away but it does this every time I open Excel. How do I get rid of this message. I really don't want to re-install Excel. Things I have done. 1. Copied the old user's profile to the new one. 2. Move the Application Data...

vlookup problems
My vlookup of customer information is working fine until I add a customer to the list. The vlookup formula looks fine and it's referencing the proper worksheet (customer info). The range is fine (I'm assuming if the data range encompasses the entire worksheet it's fine) and the column indexes are correct. Yet, no data is returned to the destination cells. This only started happening after I added some customers to the customer info sheet. I'm not sure if this matters, but I've manually updated the source links also, hoping this would help. It didn't. Are there an...

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

My licens is allready in use, by my self....?????
My office 2004, mostly entourage because I start that first in the = morning,=20 often starts with the message, that it is allready in use by "My Name", = but=20 the one who is using it is my self. There is no way that any one is = using my=20 licens, i bought it because I had the problem in office 2003. It can do = it=20 several time a day, but no pattern that I can detect. So if im using it, = is there=20 maby something on the mac, that is started twice, and there for = conflicting? Hope someone has dealed with the problem before, because im on the egde=20 of launching 25 new mac&...

Conditional Formatting Excel 2003
Need for conditional formatting to be TRUE if a cell is equal to any of several cells. Trying to use conditional formatting formula in cell A20: =IF(G20=J$8:J $12,TRUE,FALSE) so as to have the condition (color condition for A20) to be true. G20 contains the letter "E," and J8 through J12 contain C-, D+, D, D- and E. This does not work The condition works fine for single cell comparatives as follows: =IF (G20=J$12,TRUE,FALSE), where J12 contains an "E" and G20 likewise contains an E. I tried naming the range of cells containing the letters (LowRatings) and used the foll...

Attempting to sort and count data
Hi there, i have 2 columns of data, 8 to 9 thousand entries per column, i woul like to filter the columns and then count the filtered cells. example: Column one is Speed (0-35 cm/sec) Column two is Direction (0-360 degrees) i would like to sort column one for all entries between 0 & 3 cm/sec and then sort column 2 for entries between 0 & 15 degrees, then i woul like to count the results and paste the number to a seperate cell i another work sheet. Note column 1 & 2 are organized by a time stamp in a seperate column. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I...

Worksheet data sorted on another worksheet
All, Can't seem to get this going. Have some data on 1 worksheet, named cgg, 25 columns, 25 rows. Would like to have this same data but sorted on column 3 on another worksheet called cggsorted. Any idea how best to achieve this, thanks, Martin Martin, Enter a new column A on sheet gcc, and in that coulmn, enter RANK functions to rank the value in column 3, to match the size of your table: =RANK(C1,$C$1:$C$25,TRUE) or =RANK(C1,$C$1:$C$25,FALSE) (TRUE or FALSE depends on how you want the data sorted, ascending or descending). You also need to decide how to handle ties.... A...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

CTreeCtrl Focus Problem (is this a bug?)
Hi I have a Dialog witha tree control and an edit control, in a configuration window type setup. Each item in the tree view has a type and some data assosciated with it, which can be edited in the edit control. Because the value can be a string or a number, I need to do some validation in the edit control. Essentially, I want to hold focus until the data is valid. The problem I am having is that when I click on another item in the tree view, the KillFocus event for the edit does not fire (or rather not at once). The order of messages seems to be: TVN_SELCHANGING TVN_SELCHANGED EN_...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Http-failure , the posting data is to large

Can I load a general macro without loading an excel document?
Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? -- Neil Wills UBmatrix If you create a personal.xls file, any macro in it will automatically be loaded whenever Excel is invoke. -- Gary's Student "Neil.Wills" wrote: > > Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that > it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? > > -- > Neil Wills > UBmatrix ...

problem in use money files after change of hard disc
I have using money since 1990 with constant updates, my latest update was in 2005. Recently my hard disc crashed and I have to change for a new hard disc, after install money, I was unable to open my money files which run satisfactorily before the crash. When I try to run openthe file it always says "the file is created by an older version of money, money will save a copy of the file and upgrade you file for use by the program". Then after a while a message apear saying that "money is unable to acess your file .....". Can any one help me. I have run the same file...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

Crossing to New Year in Source Data
I have a chart based on attendance for the school year. It goes from 9/09 to 6/10. I have my data source chosen for the entire time frame, but the chart is only showing information until the end of 09 and won't continue into the new year. I have date labels on the bottom of the chart. Any ideas? Hi Susan. I have just plotted the dates that you mention (in EXCEL 2007) along my horizontal axis and am not seeing the problem that you are. Maybe try taking out the Data Labels and see if that makes any difference? Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. ...

Publisher 2000 #23