How to retrive password protected worksheet but forgot password?

I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the
password.  Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet?

There are tons of FREE good Excel password 'cracking' tools.  Your favorite
search engine should get about a gazillion hits on a phrase like "crack excel
password" or "excel password cracker".

A good one that many report great success with can be found at:
http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html

"Laurie" wrote:

> I password protected an Excel spreadsheet and now can't remember the
> password.  Is there any way that I can gain access to my worksheet?
-1

retriving documents
how do i retrive a document i deleted instead of saved You don't provide a lot of detail, but here are a couple of options: If you actually deleted the document, it should still be in your Recycle Bin. However, if you made changes that you did not save, those changes will have been lost. If you opened it from your e-mail and then deleted the e-mail, the original e-mail will be in your Deleted Items folder, and if you revised the document it might still be in your temp folder (provided you haven't shut down). "ms ting" wrote: > how do i retrive a d...

Email password automatic reset
Do anyone can tell me what is happend to Ms outlook XP for below problem? Everytime I launch MS outlook XP and check email by key in email password. This password was not save in password list. It suppose keep in the password list since MS outlook is not close. But after a few minutes, if I want to check email, I need to re-key in email password. Why? Anything happend in Ms outlook? Anyone know, please advice. Thanks. For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/?id=27546...

Locking (Protecting) Forms and Controls
Quick question. I appreaciate any response. I have implemented checkboxes within an excel file. These checkboxes have no funciton except visually. I have tried everything I can find but cannot protect their STATE ie(checked, unchecked) I want to be able to distribute this file without allowing users to change the state of the checkboxes. I simply cannot find anything on this. Is it possible? if anybody knows please postback thanks. > Quick question. I appreaciate any response. I have implemented > checkboxes within an excel file. These checkboxes have no funciton > except...

Worksheet Protection #9
I have a workbook that has 6 sets of worksheets - each for a different user. I have protection on each worksheet that limits access to a range of cells. How can I setup the workbook to allow a user to only access the set of worksheets that belong to the user while preserving the range access on each of the worksheets in the set? Thanks Steve Hi, Steve. You could try a macro like this one: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=33 ________________________ **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat www.VBAExpress.com/forum ************************ "Steve Arndt" <steve...

How do I retrive data
Hello, I have writen daily accounts in excel sheet and then I was trying to do Toal expence by using sigma sign at the top of table and then window appears that would you like to save this change "? I said "yes " and I lost all the numbers !!! How can I retrieve it ? I remember at one point I "save " by clicking "floppy" icon at the right hand corner , so where does it save ? I need help badly , Please please e mail me praful_parikh@yahoo.ca Thanks Praful parikh What about checking from your My Recent Document from the Start Menu if this don...

Passwords for email
I am using Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. Outlook will not remember the passwords to my email accounts and I have to reenter them every time. Is there a setting that I am missing? I know that. But therein lies the problem. The box is checked but it still doesn't work. >-----Original Message----- >Well, there is this little check box labeled "Remember Password" in the >requestor where you set up your email accounts. > >Kevin > >"tke1204" <tke1204@bellsouth.net> wrote in message >news:036f01c352ec$a9085180$a301280a@phx.gbl... >> I ...

Protection of Command Buttons
Hello Everyone I have an Excel spreadsheet that is created as command buttons are pressed and data is downloaded from a file that originates from a cash register. The issue is that the owner wants to protect the sheet and since the restaurant is closed two days a week he wants each month to lock those command buttons for those days each month. I can protect the command button from being editied but I can not stop it from running the macro. Any ideas how to lock it? Your assistance is greatly appreciated Dan You could use code and set the button to .enabled = false (or even .visible = false...

function to retrive last entry in a column
How to retrive the last entry in a series of rows in a column. One way ... =OFFSET(A1,COUNTA(A:A)-1,) This should give you the value of the last cell in column A. Rgds, ScottO "rsanandkumar" <rsanandkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92ED861B-BE19-41F0-97B1-7BC1E51FAD20@microsoft.com... | How to retrive the last entry in a series of rows in a column. ...

The same worksheet has different page numbers for different users
Hi all, I have a problem where two users opening the same file and having the same page set up, end up with printed documents of different page counts when viewed through print preview and when printed. The only difference is that one user is on a W2K machine, the other on Windows 95. Has anyone any suggestions? The first suggestion is quite obvious (upgrade the '95 system) - but would expect the difference in page lengths (I presume the '95 syste fits less data to the page, thus producing more pages) would b attributed to Win2000 having a better grasp of variable width fonts -- ...

Password requirements
my bank has changed requirements for passwords, requiring special characters to be used as part of the password. When I try to do Online Updates using Money (to download current activity, which used to work fine, btw), I get an immediate error message stating 'Special Characters may not be used'. (it comes as soon as I hit Submit, so I know it's not getting past the validation on the button action, it's not getting to my bank). Anyone else run into this? Any ideas? thanks! Banks usually will set up a different password/PIN if you tell them you want to use Money....

Unhide Columns With A Password
I am trying to create a small marco that unhides a few columns in excel, but prompts for a password. Is this possible? Thanks It is possible with an inputbox. Sub unhide() pword = InputBox("enter the password") If pword <> "mypass" Then MsgBox "incorrect password" Exit Sub Else ActiveSheet.Range("A:A,C:C,D:D").EntireColumn.Hidden = False End If End Sub BUT...........without protecting the sheet, placing a password on a macro would prove to be sort of useless. Users could unhide the...

Excel automatically does undo on my worksheet
When entering data on an Excel 2003 worksheet, when I pause the system does an undo, and sometimes several levels of undo. I know it is an undo as I can hit redo and get the data back. The only way I can stop this is to save after every edit. Is there a way to stop this automatic undo? I've noticed it in Internet Exporer too. Timx1969 wrote: > When entering data on an Excel 2003 worksheet, when I pause the system does > an undo, and sometimes several levels of undo. I know it is an undo as I can > hit redo and get the data back. The only way I can stop this is to save aft...

user/passwords
Hi, just a basic question and hopefully a simple solution. Basically I want to have a user/pass box that, when the data is correct, takes you to a worksheet. I have searched the forums/site and havent found anothing usefull. I have tried using macros and cutting up some vb code that looked..interesting..but none worked. TIA :) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The user is offered the choice to disable macros or can hold down the shift key when the workbo...

Cell/Worksheet references
In Excel, how can I use the contents of a cell in a formula to direct to a specific worksheet. I have several worksheets and I want to extract the contents of a cell on a specific worksheet by using the contents of a cell to name the worksheet. i.e. Suppose I want to access the value of cell F5 on worksheet "sheet1". In cell A1 of the current worksheet is the text "sheet1". So, instead of the formula being "=sheet1!F5" I want it to be "A1!F5" so that, as I change the value of A1, I get the value of cell F5 from a different worksheet. -- DavidRennox...

Missing system password table
Before I saw the solutions in the newsgroup for resetting the system password, I deleted the SY02400 hoping to get a chance to re-setup the system password. Now I get the message "System password file is missing." I've tried recreating it with File > Maintenance > SQL create table, but no luck. I also tried the SQL script "update sy02400 set PASSWORD = convert (binary, '')", but with no luck. I'm using MSDE. I can't restore because I get the missing file message when I choose restore. Make a backup of the dynamics database and then try ...

attachment retriving
Hi, I got a mail with an attachment. But I can get it. The message said " OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: xxxxx". How can I retrive it? Thanks! Jason Tools->Options->Security. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jason <lixy@earthlink.net> asked: | Hi, | I got a mail with an attachment. But I can get it. | The message said " OE removed access to the following | unsafe attachments in your mail: xxxxx". | Ho...

Print worksheet if...
Does anyone know if there is a way in Excel that lets me print only those worksheets containing specific values in particular cells? Example: In the worksheet named "Totals" (which collects data from a number of other worksheets in the same workbook), the cell "Number of assignments" can have the value "1" or "0", and the cell "Project" can have the value "F1" or "0". From the worksheet "Totals" I would like to be able to suggest the user to only print those worksheets containg information - i.e. those workshee...

Cases: Retrive : Urgent
Hi, I am using the the CRM SDK method to retrive the case details using the incidentid. I am not able to retrieve the status,responsiblecontactid,createdon fields of the case. I would appreciate if anybody could help me with this , Sarah Why the re-post? if you're just retrieving data, ditch the SDK and use SQL calls,....much much easier and faster -Gary "Tina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83de01c431f0$40b65620$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am using the the CRM SDK method to retrive the case > details using the inc...

Penson username and password changes?
Hi guys- I have an investment account with MB Trading and it used to be that I could update by account automatically through Penson Financial Services (online.penson.com). MB Trading just recently updated their site so I no longer need to (or can) log in directly on penson's site and now my info won't download either. Is anyone else having this problem or know what I can try to fix it? MB Trading isn't being very helpful at all in the manner and keep on telling me I can input it manually. Thanks, -Dan ...

Move or copy pictures between worksheets
How do I or can I insert a picture into one worksheet and then have another worksheet copy over that picture. I tried just using = "the cell with the picture" but that does not work. Thanks for the help! -- Tom Hi Select the cells around your picture Edit >Copy Go to the other Sheet Shift>Edit..Past picture Link If yo change the picture in the first sheet the others will also change Maybe you like this Sub test() On Error Resume Next Set pic = ActiveSheet.Pictures.Insert("C:\range.gif") On Error GoTo 0 If Not pic Is Nothing Then 'The pi...

Password Protect Information
I established a DB for my unit. Now management only want the users to see their information and not the group information. Is there a way to do this? On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:38:05 -0700, Bay <Bay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I established a DB for my unit. Now management only want the users to see >their information and not the group information. Is there a way to do this? Your best bet is to set up Access workgroup security on the file (if it's in A2003 or earlier format, they took this ability away in 2007). Download the Microsoft Access 2000 Security FAQ: http...

Protecting folders from deletion
Hello all. I'm using Outlook 2003, and I'd like to change properties on some new folders so they can't be deleted, just like the Inbox in a default PST folder. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. -- Walt Smith Firelock on DALNet firelock_ny@hotmail.com <firelock_ny@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003, and I'd like to change properties on > some new folders so they can't be deleted, just like the > Inbox in a default PST folder. Does anyone know how > to do this? Thanks. Depends on where the folders are. If they are in a PST, ...

Copying Worksheets #2
I am trying to copy a worksheet that contains macros, but it takes too long to copy Throw away your pentium 90 machine with Windows 3.11 and buy a Pentium 4 with XP SP2. That might increase performance. Check out www.sonystyle.com They have a VAIO RB50 box with 512MB 250 GB drive and DVD+R Double Layer/DVD+RW drive. You can convert your VHS tapes to DVD with this machine. And only $800. "TamW" wrote: > I am trying to copy a worksheet that contains macros, but it takes too long > to copy ...

Sorting complex worksheets
Hard to explain what I need, but I have a complex worksheet full of conditional formatting and linked data. I need a way of 'anchoring' a number of rows (inclusive of all cells within each row) to a specific cell in just one row, so that any sort function performed can sort the worksheet using this one specific cell, whilst keeping all other rows anchored to it in the same relative position with all formulas etc intact. A good summary example - a worksheet of individual staff, each staff member with multiple rows of data associated with them - how can you sort the w...

forgoten my network password
Is there a way I can access my e-mail and get back into outlook if I have forgotten my network password? Probably not - have you asked your admin to reset your password? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | Is there a way I can access my e-mail and get back into | outlook if I have forgotten my net...