How to insert Checkbox in excel to simply click and tick it?

I just wanted to know how I can create a Check Box in Excel where I can
simply chick the box and it gets Ticked.
excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Insert a CheckBox from the Forms toolbar.

--
Regards
Dave Hawley
"Keegan" <Keegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just wanted to know how I can create a Check Box in Excel where I can
> simply chick the box and it gets Ticked.

0
ozgrid
5/5/2010 5:50:44 AM
On May 5, 6:46=EF=BF=BDam, Keegan <Kee...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I just wanted to know how I can create a Check Box in Excel where I can
> simply chick the box and it gets Ticked.

Assuming you may not know _exactly_ how to do it <g> . . .

1 Right-Click on a blank area of the menu area
2 On the list which appears click on Forms
3 Click on the CheckBox in this Forms toolbar.
4 Off the toolbar the mouse turns into a hair-cross
5 Click where you want the CheckBox to appear
6 Drag the shaded outline to position it accurately
7 Right-click within the shaded area but not in the checkbox
8 In the context menu which appears select Edit Text to change or
remove the text, dragging the shaded outline to size it.
9 In the right-click context menu (as in 7-8) select Format Control
10 Select the Control tab
11 Set the initial setting of the control box
12 Click in the Cell Link entry box, then click in the cell where you
want to place or receive the checkbox status
13 Click OK on Format Control

Alan Lloyd
0
alanglloyd
5/5/2010 7:31:13 AM
If you're using Excel 2007, you need to have access to the Developer Tab - in
Office button/Excel Options/Popular, the 3rd checkbox is Developer tab. Once
you see the tab, in the Controls group, you'll see Insert dropdown - the top
section is your forms controls (including checkbox) and the bottom section is
your activeX controls (including checkbox). I recommend forms control
checkbox.
By the way, to know if it's clicked or not, you should use the format
control & assign the checkbox to a cell; then if it's checked, the cell will
have TRUE, else it'll have FALSE.

"Keegan" wrote:

> I just wanted to know how I can create a Check Box in Excel where I can
> simply chick the box and it gets Ticked.

Formulas do not work in excel.
Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new worksheets. Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual. Let me know if it works. B "Flintlock98" wrote: > Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless > we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new > worksheets. ...

How do I insert Roman Numerals?

Mail merge with Excel in Publisher 200
Whenever I open a merged document in Publisher with I merged with an Excel spreadsheet, I must re-establish my link with the spreadsheet (including any filters I originally set)--quite annoying. This is has not always been the case; I have some connections which have stayed connected. These could possibly be ones I did in an earlier version of Publisher. Is this a problem with just Publisher 2000 or is there a way to permanently connect my publisher document with my Excel spreadsheet? Thanks much! ...

Problem while converting excel to csv for Special Characters
Hi All, I need to convert excel sheet data into csv format data=20 file, but while doing so for some Eastern countries, like=20 Poland, special characters in the excel sheet are getting=20 converted into junk data e.g Excel Sheet Original line - Zesp=F3l Opieki Zdrowotnej w=20 Bedzinie Line when converted to CSV - Zesp=F3? Opieki Zdrowotnej w B? dzinie Really appreciate your response on this. Thanks, Pramod I'm not sure if this will help, but I just copied your first original line into a excel worksheet (USA xl2002) and saved it as .csv. I re-imported and it looked fine. I opened t...

Insert trigger

Excel Re-Calc causes network traffic and very slow response times.
Platform: Excel Ver 2003 SP2 Windows XP SP2 Microsoft SBS Server 2003 Workstations: P4 2Ghz, 512 Mb Ram Problem: I have an excel file with hundreds of vlookup and indirect formulas. It has no links to any other spreadsheets. The file resides on a shared network drive on our server. When users do a recalc or change a number in the file causing a recalc it takes about 7 seconds... however after a bit of experimentation I find that if we open the file and then disconnect the workstations network cable the recalc takes less than one second ! Tried saving the file to the local drive of a workstati...

Excel related
when i opening excel application, excel with opening as default sheet2 page.whereas the default sheet1 should be open.please suggest. You may have another instance of Excel open, which has already used "Sheet1". The next available name is "Sheet2". - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Thiyagu" <Thiyagu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FFB321B-1442-40E9-A4E1-748A173F8F44@microsoft.com... > when i opening excel application, exc...

Need list of the different versions of Excel
In the past my first version of Excel was Version 5, now I use Version 8 (Microsoft Excel97). I would like to know the names (Version numbers) of all the Excels, starting with the first one. I am working on a project that I intend to offer for sale to the public. Therefore, want to know which versions it will work on. Maybe it will on some prior versions depending on what features are used. Thankyou Ed Hi Ed, http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/index.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85F71...

Change operater in Excel formula
Hello, depending on a certain circumstances, a formula must change from "X = Y" to "X <> Y". Can this be done (e.g. using "if", or otherwise) ? Thank you in advance. Merry Christmas, H.G. Lamy You didn't give us a lot to work with, but I think you are looking for something like this... =IF(<<your condition>>,<<formula with x=y>>,<<formula with x<>y>>) -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "H.G. Lamy" <Enterplan@web.de> wrote in message news:upAoGxlhKHA.6136@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl.....

inserting hrs and minutes

Recolor embeded Excel graph in PowerPoint
Is there any way to recolor an embeded Excel graph colors to match the color scheme of targeted PowerPoint file? thanks. You could create a user-defined custom chart type with the colour schem of the presentation and apply it to the embedded chart. I am not aware of any in-built color synchronization between powerpoin and excel, though. - Leni -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com when you say "A user-defined custom chart type" Is this "Chart>Chart type>Custom types>User-defined" ? If yes. 1. Create the same type of graph with MS Graph. 2. Add...

What exactly is microsoft excel used for?
I just need to know what excel is used for. Hi Babyboo Wow, what a question!!!! It is used for so many things, that books have been written about it. Spreadsheets, Databases, to manipulate data of all sorts, by using templates, as payroll packages, invoicing systems, creation of form letters, automating tasks, and and and and "Babyboo" wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. Babyboo wrote: > I just need to know what excel is used for. --------- Data manipulation... ...

Insert with a where condition

Exporting Excel Charts in Separate Tabs
I have an excel file with different charts on each tab. The Excel file has at least 20 tabs and I would like to export them into Word as a separate sheet per tab for a reference guide. Is there a way to export from excel without having to cut and paste each tab? I am using MS Office 2003. ...

Is there any specific setting for MS excel to download CSV in fin.
I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV file. But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across various cells. Is there any specific setting that should be set in EXCEL to display CSV files in the correct format? Hi try renamin the file to *.txt and open this file in Excel. >-----Original Message----- >I have set my local setting of my PC to finnish and trying to download CSV >file. >But the data is displayed in a single cell instead of splitting across >various cells. >Is there any specific setting that should ...

Insert

excel data to outlook
Hi, In my daily job, I need to flash some new data into my excel and use the excel result to send out mails to report daily result. Is all numbers I need to report in mails. Wonder if you can tell me if there is any tools to make the data into text on my outllook. I tried forming some string using: ="Today we booked "&Sheet1!A4&" MM vs."&Sheet1!A5&" MM expiry" but when I copied this cells into my outlook, format is rare and pasted as table / cells where I prefer to paste as text format ( which can be read by boss with blackberry). I asked ar...

>right click >send to >mail recipient
i loaded msn explorer premium..bad idea. anyhow, after its installation, and even after its uninstallation, i lost the functionality of right clicking a file, and sending to a mail recipient. The option is still there, but once i click these items, nothing happens. after spending 1.5 hours with microsoft windows xp tech support...another bad idea, nothing different happens either:O anyone have a solution for this? this article x-posted to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.publi c.outlook.general follow up to: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general s...

financial excel formula
Trying to use excel to determine the % return on a stock from the tim you purchase until you sell, adjusted for time. ie., key in Pv o money today; input Fv or (the selling price); enter the amount of tim expressed in months or years (N); calc the rate of return %? p $50.00 FV $74.00 N 3 years % return =??? using a texas instruments ba-35 calculator th answer is 13.96%. Can't get this out of excel, any suggestions -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com =RATE(3;0;-50;74) The financial function follow the rule that incoming and outgoing money are different in sign. Hence...

how to insert data in a table

In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will on.
In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load 65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? MVP Chip Pearson's website has some code that may help you out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >In Excel: If I know a file has 147,000 records, but Excel will only load >65,000, how do I get to the rest of the file? >. > > attached a VBS script that I wrote to do that. Was unable to save it, Jim .. Could you paste it in the message itself ? Thanks -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22...