How do you make a userform open automatically when you open excel?

I created a Userform in VBA, and want it to automatically appear upon opening
the Excel file everytime. How do I do that?
-1

Hi Evan
Paste this in "ThisWorkbook" module.
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    userform1.Show
End Sub
HTH
John
"Evan" <Evan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a Userform in VBA, and want it to automatically appear upon opening
> the Excel file everytime. How do I do that?

0
John

Opening documents
I'm a recent convert from Windows, a system I know very well and in which I use shortcut keys all the time. I'm trying to figure out how to open files that are listed at the bottom of the File pulldown menu, files that an Office product has opened or updated recently. They are listed with a number in front of them which leads me to believe that I could open them easily with a few keystrokes. For example, in Windows Word I would hit Ctrl-F to open the File pulldown menu and then hit the number 2 key. This would open the second previously/recently opened file in the list. How would I d...

How do you delete a file in Excel's VB?
Not much more to ask than that. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Tino Tino, Use the Kill command to permanently delete a file. For example, Kill "C:\temp\book1.xls" Note that Kill does not put the file in the Recycle Bin. To delete a file to the Recycle Bin, see www.cpearson.com/excel/recycle.htm . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com <tanast@ing.com.au> wrote in message news:3fce6904.5614763@news.clari.net.au... > Not much more to ask than that. > > Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Make Default

Restrictions, when trying to open
Hello, I am running an XP machine with Zone alarm and Norton antivirus active. Also have Earthlink Total Access running. What setting needs to be changed to allow using the Tool dropdown, and opening Internet options? Also, when opening any link, the color remains the same for the text after closing, so I don't know which link I have already looked at. Using Google as the search line. Thanks in advance for your help. Bob Does any of this have anything to do with Outlook? I'm just trying to check where your mix of software & settings intersects with Outlook. "Bob" &l...

UserForm show question
Is there any way to cause a userform (UserForm2) to show when someone clicks in TextBox1 on the current userform? I am not sure I understand the question, but you can call a UserForm anytime from any code module because it is a separate object. But if it is already visible you cannot open a second instance of it. The TextBox has a double click event that could be used, but not a single click. There are other events such as enter and exit that could also be used to call a userform. You can view these events by creating a textbox from the Control Toolbox and then right click ...

Tracking open files
I often leave files open for days and when I have 20-70 open at the same time I run out resources and one invariably locks up, especially a PowerPoint 2007 file. Is there a way that I can have one of my Access databases log all open files using a form's click event so that I can reopen them when the system crashes? This database is always running--can't work without it and so it is a logical place to store a listing of all my open files. Thanks for suggesting a place where I can start developing the code to do this. In addition to PPTX and DOCX, I usually keep a...

can not open lib file
hi, if a try to compile a porgramm i get always the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "TranslationController.lib" kann nicht geoeffnet werden --> can not open the lib ....waht do i hier wrong please....??? thnaks You need to locate the .lib file, and make sure msdev is looking for it in the right place by looking in Tools->Options + Directories tab. Jase "Marc" <rote_granit@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:013901c3c807$5a8f8fb0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi, > if a try to compile a porgramm i get always > the rror : LINK : fatal error LNK1104:...

Excel VB application
I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this in Excel AND create it as an EXE file? Thank you in advance for any help. NJ Excel cannot produce executable (EXE) files. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "Neil Jones" <nj@dev.null> wrote in message news:#hiTBqB6KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I am working on a VB script with the goal to import data from a raw file > (using userforms) into the spreadsheet. Is it possible to develop this > in Excel AND creat...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Opening Office 2007 files using Office 2003 suite
Hi, I am using Office 2003 Professional version. Up until recently I was able to convert and open Office 2007 files using Office 2003. I had some computer issues recently and had to reinstall some software. I reinstalled Office as well as the converter but when I click on 2007 files nothing happens. Therefore I am stuck asking everyone who sends me a file to dumb it down for me and it is a real hassle. I am not real tech savvy so anything you can do to help is appreciated. Thank you! "redskins1" <redskins1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

making tickets

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Excel 2002 locks up
For some reason my Excel 2002 locks up when I attempt to save a document. It seems that it does it when I have several Excel documents open at the same time. Not to say that it won't do it when I only have one document open, I just have only experienced with several documents open. I'm running Windows 2K Pro on a Sony PCG-R505DCK laptop. I don't know if this info helps but I guess it can't hurt. Any help you can give is great. Thank you in advance, Tony ...

Excel cut/paste prob: Adds one day and changes year to 2009
When I cut and paste a date into another worksheet, one day is added and the year is changed. For example, 2/5/05 will change to 2/6/09. I am using Office for Mac. How can I avoid this problem. It is compromising my reports and giving false information. The workbook you're copying from uses the WinXL default 1900 date system while your destination workbook is using the MacXL default 1904 date system. You can change the destination workbook system (Preferences/Calculation, uncheck the 1904 date system checkbox). Alternatively, you can enter 1462 in an empty cell. Copy the cell...

Sound plays automatically
When my wife's Limited User Account is started, it automatically begins playing the sound file of a U-tube video clip she looked at on the Internet a few days ago. There is no program showing in the Task Bar. The PC works normally while this 4 minute file is playing. This does not happen without an Internet Connection. I've looked through all the start folders I could think of to find what might be causing this. Also tried several Restore Points but the Restore Function failed to work. Thanks for any Help you can offer. Helmut Helmut Mack wrote: > When my wife...

Password Prompt When I Close an Excel Document I Opened in a Web Browser
Hi, Each time I close an excel document it prompts me a username and a password. I found an article (Q324328) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324328 in Microsoft support web site about the same issue with Word. I tried to apply the same solution but it didnt work. The document is on our Intranet. If i enter a userID who has permission to write to the folder where th doc is stored it works. Internet guest account has list content right. Any ideas? Thanks Lenny ...

Can't open more than one Excel file.
I'm using Excel 2002, W2k with all recent patches. When I'm working on an Excel worksheet and I attempt to open another Excel file the first one is closed when the second one is opened. What do I do to retain the first one open? Eppie Are you sure the first one is closed or just taken off the Taskbar? If you go to Window(on the menu) do you see one or more files listed? You may just need to go to Tools>Options>View and check "windows in taskbar". Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:17:44 -0700, "Eppie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Un Save a Excel Worksheet
I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. No. The file has been overwritten. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Gregory Pearson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07ea01c39384$2e7fa7f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I accidently saved a worksheet on a previous worksheet > with the same file name. Can I restore the worksheet, or > un-save the worksheet to the earlier worksheet. ...

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Explorer won't open Excel 2010
Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I can't open an Excel file from Explorer. When I click on a file Excel opens but the file isn't there. Files open fine when opened from within Excel. Is there a setting that will fix this? Thanks Kurch was thinking very hard : > Ever since I installed Excel 2010 I can't open an Excel file from > Explorer. When I click on a file Excel opens but the file isn't there. > Files open fine when opened from within Excel. > > Is there a setting that will fix this? > > Thanks Same thing happens with Excel 2007. I'd also be in...