How do I get the right click function back(on my mouse)?

I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.
excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.

What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?

Where are you right-clicking?

Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
Mode?

Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:02:04 -0800, Michelle
<Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
>happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
>use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.

0
Gord
3/4/2010 12:23:28 AM
In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......

Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.

Alt + F11 to open VBE.

View>Immediate Window.

Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True

Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?

Gord

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:23:28 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.
>
>What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?
>
>Where are you right-clicking?
>
>Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
>Mode?
>
>Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?
>

>Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

>On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:02:04 -0800, Michelle
><Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
>>happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
>>use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.

0
Gord
3/4/2010 12:49:46 AM
Gord,

Yes, What I mean is when I right-click the mouse now Edit drop down menu at
all right now.......

You are right, I have a add-in done last week is called "Essbase".  Then I
lost my Edit drop sown menu when I click the cell.

I have followed your instruction by still didn't get this function back.
Can you please help?

Thanks,
Michelle

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......
>
> Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.
>
> Alt + F11 to open VBE.
>
> View>Immediate Window.
>
> Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.
>
> Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
>
> Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?
>

> Gord
>
> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:23:28 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>
> >Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.
> >
> >What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?
> >
> >Where are you right-clicking?
> >
> >Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
> >Mode?
> >
> >Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?
> >

> >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >

> >On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:02:04 -0800, Michelle
> ><Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
> >>happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
> >>use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.
>
> .

Hi Gord,

I get the right-click Edir drop down menu fuction back by disable the add-in
"double click" function.

Thanks!

"Michelle" wrote:

> Gord,
>
> Yes, What I mean is when I right-click the mouse now Edit drop down menu at
> all right now.......
>
> You are right, I have a add-in done last week is called "Essbase".  Then I
> lost my Edit drop sown menu when I click the cell.
>
> I have followed your instruction by still didn't get this function back.
> Can you please help?
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......
> >
> > Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.
> >
> > Alt + F11 to open VBE.
> >
> > View>Immediate Window.
> >
> > Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.
> >
> > Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
> >
> > Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?
> >

> > Gord
> >
> > On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:23:28 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> >
> > >Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.
> > >
> > >What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?
> > >
> > >Where are you right-clicking?
> > >
> > >Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
> > >Mode?
> > >
> > >Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?
> > >

> > >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

> > .

Good to hear.

I do not like those applications that change the Excel operation in that
manner.

Gord

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:42:01 -0800, Michelle
<Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Gord,
>
>I get the right-click Edir drop down menu fuction back by disable the add-in
>"double click" function.
>
>Thanks!
>
>"Michelle" wrote:
>
>> Gord,
>>
>> Yes, What I mean is when I right-click the mouse now Edit drop down menu at
>> all right now.......
>>
>> You are right, I have a add-in done last week is called "Essbase".  Then I
>> lost my Edit drop sown menu when I click the cell.
>>
>> I have followed your instruction by still didn't get this function back.
>> Can you please help?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Michelle
>>
>> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>> > In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......
>> >
>> > Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.
>> >
>> > Alt + F11 to open VBE.
>> >
>> > View>Immediate Window.
>> >
>> > Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.
>> >
>> > Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
>> >
>> > Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?
>> >

>> > Gord

>> > .

0
Gord

How to change Static Text property in a function?
I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in member function. How to do that? sxy7711 wrote: > I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in > member function. How to do that? > > See the example in the doc page for OnCtlColor. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Running code when hyperlink clicked
Hello, I am definitely baffled. I am trying to run code when a hyperlink is clicked. I am using Excel 2007, the hyperlink is created in a cell on Sheet 1 using "=hyperlink()", the hyperlink is to a video clip, and events are definitely enabled. I had tried two things, either of which would be fine: 1. I put the following code in Sheet1, and it did not respond at all. What am I doing wrong? Private Sub Worksheet_FollowHyperlink(ByVal Target As Hyperlink) Sheets("Sheet1").Range("B1") = "It Ran" End Sub 2. I put the following...

A Crystal Beginner

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Get photos from a camera

How do I get my best friend back?
I NEED TO KNOW "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7918DF09-EB34-46E4-852E-8DAAC3FFF45F@microsoft.com... > I NEED TO KNOW Easy. Just lift the lid on your toilet seat and whistle. Dipshit! -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." Pretend that you're in a coma and unable to communicate in any way (such as posting messages in newsgroups). "monsterboy16" <monsterboy16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

how to get the pointer variable address from a dll
hi all, I have a DLL which has a output parameter LPVOID, A application calls this DLL function, the Dll responsibility is to assign a valid pointer to the lpBuffer, Till here it is OK, but once it returns to the Application this lpBuffer becomes NULL. Prototype, __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID lpBuffer) Please let me know what to do, I am stuck in this. try this __declspec(dllexport) BOOL TRSTMonGetStatus(LPVOID &lpBuffer) AliR. <karunyalakshmi@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182179607.989434.318540@x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > hi a...

Why do I get this?
IMCEAEX-_O=ABC_OU=CN121_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=USER1@companyABC.com <-- why am I getting this as the FROM field from a recently upgrade user to Exchange 2003? ...

Excel Data List Gets "Stuck" -- Help
This has now happened for the second time. I have a "data list" that is around 1800 rows in size. Somcetimes, after I've filtered the data to show just a small number of rows, it gets "stuck." I I am no longer able to expand the list to show all the rows. I've gone in to all the columns and chosen "All" for all the columns and it still does not work. I know I can highight the entire list and tell it to remove the list and recreate the list, but that's a pain, and I lose some formatting. Can anyone help me? -- slobizman -----------------------...

how do you get umlauts?
I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts helen <helen@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I've changed the language to German but how do I get umlauts a) Change your keyboard layout to German in Regional Settings. The umlauted letters are then where ', ;, and [ are on a standard UK keyboard (uncertain about USA) (� is where - is) or b) Use Insert > Symbol or c) Memorise the character codes. To get � for example, hold down Alt and tap 0252 on your numeric keypad, then release Alt. 0223 is �, 0246 is �, and 0228 is ...

Functions when using Format as Table
I have annual sales figures for 2 teams. If I create and use Range Names and perform sums, look for max and min team figures, there's no problem. But when I format my data as a Table, functions don't appear to work correctly for my second team. I have range names TeamA and TeamB. I select TeamA from the name box, from the Formulas Tab I select AutoSum and choose Max, and the result is correct. But when I do the same for TeamB, Excel changes the function to Subtotal, why? ...

Get this error trying to get @live.com mail to sync with Windows M
[error messge] Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 You enabled an option that your mail server does not support. In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Servers, then uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication". -- Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "JbarJensen" <JbarJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...