How do I get the right click function back(on my mouse)?

  • Follow

I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.
0
Reply Utf 3/3/2010 8:02:04 PM

Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.

What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?

Where are you right-clicking?

Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
Mode?

Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:02:04 -0800, Michelle
<Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
>happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
>use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.

0
Reply Gord 3/4/2010 12:23:28 AM

In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......

Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.

Alt + F11 to open VBE.

View>Immediate Window.

Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.

Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True

Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?

Gord

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:23:28 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.
>
>What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?
>
>Where are you right-clicking?
>
>Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
>Mode?
>
>Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?
>

>Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>

>On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:02:04 -0800, Michelle
><Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
>>happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
>>use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.

0
Reply Gord 3/4/2010 12:49:46 AM

Gord,

Yes, What I mean is when I right-click the mouse now Edit drop down menu at
all right now.......

You are right, I have a add-in done last week is called "Essbase".  Then I
lost my Edit drop sown menu when I click the cell.

I have followed your instruction by still didn't get this function back.
Can you please help?

Thanks,
Michelle

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......
>
> Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.
>
> Alt + F11 to open VBE.
>
> View>Immediate Window.
>
> Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.
>
> Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
>
> Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?
>

> Gord
>
> On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:23:28 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>
> >Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.
> >
> >What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?
> >
> >Where are you right-clicking?
> >
> >Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
> >Mode?
> >
> >Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?
> >

> >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >

> >On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 12:02:04 -0800, Michelle
> ><Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>I try to right click on my mouse when I need to edit a cell but nothing
> >>happened.  Can anyone tells me how to get that function back.  I have been
> >>use this function forever but just lost it two days ago.
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 3/4/2010 8:17:01 PM

Hi Gord,

I get the right-click Edir drop down menu fuction back by disable the add-in
"double click" function.

Thanks!

"Michelle" wrote:

> Gord,
>
> Yes, What I mean is when I right-click the mouse now Edit drop down menu at
> all right now.......
>
> You are right, I have a add-in done last week is called "Essbase".  Then I
> lost my Edit drop sown menu when I click the cell.
>
> I have followed your instruction by still didn't get this function back.
> Can you please help?
>
> Thanks,
> Michelle
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......
> >
> > Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.
> >
> > Alt + F11 to open VBE.
> >
> > View>Immediate Window.
> >
> > Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.
> >
> > Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
> >
> > Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?
> >

> > Gord
> >
> > On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:23:28 -0800, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> >
> > >Right-click on a cell should bring a menu, not put you into Edit Mode.
> > >
> > >What do you mean by "Edit a cell"?
> > >
> > >Where are you right-clicking?
> > >
> > >Did you mean to say "double-click" on a cell does not put you into Edit
> > >Mode?
> > >
> > >Maybe you unchecked "Edit directly in cell" in Excel Options?
> > >

> > >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

> > .

0
Reply Utf 3/4/2010 8:42:01 PM

Good to hear.

I do not like those applications that change the Excel operation in that
manner.

Gord

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:42:01 -0800, Michelle
<Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Gord,
>
>I get the right-click Edir drop down menu fuction back by disable the add-in
>"double click" function.
>
>Thanks!
>
>"Michelle" wrote:
>
>> Gord,
>>
>> Yes, What I mean is when I right-click the mouse now Edit drop down menu at
>> all right now.......
>>
>> You are right, I have a add-in done last week is called "Essbase".  Then I
>> lost my Edit drop sown menu when I click the cell.
>>
>> I have followed your instruction by still didn't get this function back.
>> Can you please help?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Michelle
>>
>> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>>
>> > In case you did mean no cell right-click menu at all......
>> >
>> > Perhaps some code you ran disabled it.
>> >
>> > Alt + F11 to open VBE.
>> >
>> > View>Immediate Window.
>> >
>> > Copy this into that window and hit ENTER key.
>> >
>> > Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = True
>> >
>> > Alt + q to return to Excel............OK now?
>> >

>> > Gord

>> > .

0
Reply Gord 3/4/2010 9:43:04 PM