How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring zeros?

-- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
that range using Excel 2007?

excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If the numbers are *always* positive..

Array entered**:

..=MIN(IF(A1:A10>0,A1:A10))

Or, normally entered:

=SMALL(A1:A10,COUNTIF(A1:A10,0)+1)

If there might be negative numbers...

Array entered**:

=MIN(IF(A1:A10<>0,A1:A10))

key then hit ENTER.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Ted B." <TedB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> -- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
> that range using Excel 2007?

hi
try this.....
=small(A1:A50,countif(A1:A50,0)+1)

regards
FSt1

"Ted B." wrote:

> -- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
> that range using Excel 2007?

You could use a conditional MIN, something like this in say B2, array-entered
ie press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to confirm the formula (instead of just pressing
ENTER):
=MIN(IF(A2:A10>0,A2:A10))
Success? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore
"Ted B." wrote:
> -- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
> that range using Excel 2007?

hi
forgot to mention.
adjust ranges to suit your data.

Regards
FSt1

"Ted B." wrote:

> -- How do I find the minimum value in a range while ignoring any zeros in
> that range using Excel 2007?

Find Duplicate names and delate

Range Equation
Please help, Thanks Sub Range_equation() Dim catalyst As Variant Cells(1, 3) = "=""ABC""" ' as given Cells(2, 3) = "568" ' as given catalyst = Range("C1:C2") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(2, 1)) = catalyst catalyst = "" ' My question is why do I need a catalyst to perform the following equation? ' Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(2, 1)) = Range("C1:C2") End Sub Hi! I dunno: but if you use Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(2, 1))...

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Find (but not find)

Query in date range
Hello. Thanks for helping. I would like to create a query that will sum up expenses for various categories within a date range. I have created the query that sums the amounts, but I want it to use a high end of "Date()" or "Today()" and a low end date range that is the first day of the current month. Any idea if this can be done? Thanks, On Oct 31, 6:05 pm, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Use This -- > Between Date()-Day(Date())+1 AND Date() > > Remember that Date() is as of midnight and will not return a record as...

Finding an event

Microsoft Money 2004
I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE SAME SOFTWARE? Very, very disapointed. What information did you rely on to set your value expectation level that M04 was way different, indeed AUD$80 better, than M02? That might help explain it better than we can. "Paul Ward" <pbward@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:04b401c35bb8$b9fea7d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just upgraded from Money 2002 to Money 2004. Can > somebody please explain why I just paid AUD$80 for THE > SAME SOFTWARE? > > Very, very disa...

Simple division is not returning actual value
Hi, I know I'm making a mistake somewhere, just not sure where. I'm dividing 67/14 and want to get the result as 4.78 -- I'd be OK with 4.79 which is the result I'd get if the last digit was rounded up. When I do SELECT CAST((67/14) AS DECIMAL(3,2)) I'm getting 4.00. What am I doing wrong? -- Thanks, Sam This is because of integer division. Try this: SELECT 67/CAST(14 AS DECIMAL(5,2)) AS a, 67/14.0 AS b, 1.0 * 67/14 AS c, CAST(1.0 * 67/14 AS DECIMAL(3, 2)) AS d, ROUND(1.0 * 67/14, 2, 1) AS e; /* a b...

Ignoring blanks
How do I instruct a formula to ignore blanks? If a cell is blank, then ignore, if not, execute the formula. Thanks. -- exsam21 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ exsam21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=22666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=502526 =if(a1="","",[your formula] -- Gary Brow ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

Requesting Help Ranking Sales Values.....
I have a field in a table named "Ext B/O" that lists the extended Backorder Value for parts sold. There may be duplicate values and they should show the same rankings. I would like to rank these totals from highest to lowest dollar value. I have tried the following query coding but I only get a count of the total number of records in the query for each record (49435) and NOT the individual ranking of the value. Rank: (Select Count(*) from [tbl_WorkingData] Where [Ext B/O] >= 0)+1 Can ANYONE please tell me what I am doing wrong and how to correct it? Th...

unique value
Hi, I need to add a custom field, but I need this field to be unique (something similar to a primary key) bud I do not know how to do that. Thanks a lot. An example might be a Case number. You would add the field then add code to add one to the largest value found in the database. This will require code to implement ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10AA3E00-686E-4B58-B8C4-52B83CB1E538@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to add a custom field, bu...

How do I find the out of office reply?

ignoring text data in a cell when summing values in the same cell
I have entered text in cells along with a numerical value as a note pertainig to the values example, "2 - exist". Is there a way to tell Excell to ignore the text data in order to sum the values..do you place the text in brackets or parathesis or something similar? -- FM Much, much easier never to mix text & numbers in the same cell in the 1st place. One avenue here, try use Data>Text to Columns to split the numbers separate from the text, then you can sum (or whatever) the numbers col directly. Or, assuming your data is representative (ie numbers are to the...

Ignore DIV/0 Errors in Array?
Hi all... I've got a spreadsheet that looks something like this: Score1 Score2 AvgScore 1 1 1 2 1 1.5 NULL NULL #DIV/0 The spreadsheet takes two scores we enter an averages them. The trick is that the spreadsheet is being fed from our database and people who haven't been 'scored' yet get a NULL. On a separate form, I am trying to run a =PERCENTILE function on the AvgScore column to see what our top x% score is, etc. The problem is, so long as the NULLs are in the data, there are DIV/0 cells in the array a...

Referencing the Seconday Y axis scale values in code
Does anyone know how to Reference the Seconday Y axis scale values in code? I am automating a spreadsheet that uses a chart and i need to adjust these values at run time. I'm using Visual Basic. Thanks! Hi Ken, I have absolutely no idea when it comes to coding but the following KB article may point you in the right direction? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213695 Cheers, Katherine "Ken Ramirez" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:093901c398be$4b49ecd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to Reference the S...

Problem with Range