Filter by multiple colors

In Excel 2007, I am trying to filter by two different colors.  I can see how
I can filter by just one color - can I filter by two colors?

Thanks for your help,
--
Michelle
excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 0 followers. Follow

need help replying to multiple email messages
I sell things on the internet, and when I receive say 5 emails for prospective buyers, I would like to be able to highlight all five of those and repsond to all of them at the same time instead of having to cut and paste five addresses individually. this has to be possible - anybody know how to do it? ...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Ability to invert the colors of a document printed onto OneNote
Hi, Can we invert the colors (from white background black font to black background white font) of a document printed onto OneNote? There is a similar function in Acrobat Pro (Edit->Preferences->Accessibility->change Custom Color). However, I don't really use Acrobat Pro as its annotating functionalities are really poor as compared to OneNote. More often than not, I print pages and pages of readings onto OneNote and annotate them. However, hours of reading on a LCD monitor tire my eyes easily. Currently, I set my screen to the lowest brightness level and even ...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Multiple IF statement
Hi guys, A little help required please. I have a worksheet that looks like this; J L 10 Y 1 11 Y 2 12 N 4 13 Y 3 14 N 5 Our staff will be inputting a Y or a N in column J and then selecting a reason for that from a drop down menu in column L. A Y in Col J should only be followed by a 1 or 2 in Col L (but some errors occur!). I want to add a conditional format to Col J where if they enter a Y but then select something from Col L that isnt a 1 or 2, for the Y to turn red. Have tried a coupl...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

multiple (read-only) copies of one document?
we're on a small office network, with multiple people using publisher on their machines (some, winXP, some, win2000, ALL on publisher 2002) sometimes, two people need to access the same document at the same time. in word, or powerpoint, you can have a Read-Only copy of the same document open across a network. publisher doesnt seem to allow this. can anyone suggest a fix for this? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from matt <matt@genevaglobal.com>... > sometimes, two people need to access the same document at > the same time. in word...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Colors #2
Hello I am aware that the following may not be exactly an Excel question, but none the less I hope someone will explain. Why is it that in Excel's Colors dialog box (Custom) one can mix red, green and blue and not the primary colors red, blue and yellow?. Guess I should know, but I don't. Hans Knudsen I believe the answer is related to the way a monitor produces color on the pixel level. The primary colors for each pixel are Red, Blue, and Green, (known as RBG). Primary colors generally relate to the way offset presses work using the 3 primary colors overlaping each other, plus o...

Multiple charts in ChartSpace; problems with double Categories #4
Jon Peltier Wrote: > Office Web Components. > > This is an issue I need to investigate for one of my clients, but I > haven't gotten > that far down the list yet. > > - Jon > > John Mansfield wrote:- > It would help to know if you are using Excel VBA, .NET, or something > else. > Also, what do you mean by Chartspace? Are you trying to build > embedded > charts, chart sheets, or some combination of the two? > > Regards, > John Mansfield > http://www.pdbook.com > > > "hstaaks" wrote: > > - > hstaaks W...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...

Filtering
Is there a way to filter messages that contain embedded images? Or even better, messages that only contain embedded images and no text? thanks, Andy andyp@repcmi.com ...

Color for chart series auto-assigned after 56?
Using Excel 2000, I am having a color issue with charts that exceed 5 series. Below is some sample VBA to reproduce the issue. The cod creates a bar chart with 60 series. The RGB color I have chosen i white (255, 255, 255). You will notice that beginning with series 57 the color of the columns no longer gets assigned the color that I want Excel starts auto-assigning colors at this point. I have reproduce this faithfully 100% of the time. Has anyone seen this before? I there a programatic workaround so that I don't have to manually chang the colors after the fact? Thanks- Craig Sub ...

filter driver for an USB modem
Hello, I am working on a NDIS filter under Windows 7 64 bits. The filter is working well as NetService Class with classical Ethernet Adapters. But, it does not work with an USB Modem with "Modem" class. Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. Regards. Eric Boudrand > Packets handled by the modem are not sent to the filter. How can I get = > them ? I suspect I should register the driver in another manner. You need to support PPP in your filter, this requires ...

Reverse filter?
Hello, Is there a way to do a "reverse" filter. I'd like to be able to hide or delete rows that match specified criteria. Thank you, Marc Hi Marc, Unfortunately not, but depending on how you are filtering you might be able to use =NOT(oldformula) For the autofilter you might have to use another column (F) F1: 'white -- value of cell you don't want to match F2: =TRIM(F$1)<>TRIM(E2) and fill down --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel...