Excel - Convert int value secs past midnight into time 53100=2:45

How do convert an int value of seconds past midnight into a time value?
Example: 53100 = 2:45PM
5/27/2010 9:30:28 PM
excel.worksheet.functions 4936 articles. 0 followers. Follow

with your seconds in a1

and format as time (hh:mm:ss)

"Zuly" wrote:

> How do convert an int value of seconds past midnight into a time value?
> Example: 53100 = 2:45PM
5/27/2010 8:49:51 PM
Divide by the number of seconds in a day, as in:
Format as a time.

"Zuly" <Zuly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do convert an int value of seconds past midnight into a time value?
> Example: 53100 = 2:45PM

Merging 2 Really Large Contacts or Accounts
I've found that when trying to merge 2 really large items, ASP crashes and a rollback ensues ending with the Service /Application Unavailable message. These would be contacts with 10k activities, Accounts with hundreds of sub-accounts, etc. This also happens with reassigning user records for users with hundreds of thousands of associated records. Merging works fine with smaller records however. Any ideas? Thank you. ten thousand activities on one contact? Well you may be hitting either a program limitation or timeout this sounds like an issue you should log with microsoft supp...

Why is Excel being opened in Outlook?
I emailed an Excel file to a colleague. It was sent as an attachment in Thunderbird. The recipient - who uses Outlook - saved the spreadsheet to disk. Now if she tries to launch the file (either from Explorer or from within Excel itself), it actually opens up inside Outlook and starts to create an email message. This only occurs if Outlook is already active. It also only occurs with some of the spreadsheets that I sent her. Ideas? You sure your colleague isn't just seeing the "envelop". File|send to|and see if "mail recipient" is depressed. JW wrote: > > ...

Error retriving value from database
Hi I am trying to retrive a field from the database , say the quer returns me two rows with value 20.572 and 10.3 but when i get the value in the code is get it as 20.572 and 10.372. If I change the order of these rows and make it as 10.3 and 20.572 then i get the correct value 10.3 and 20.572. Can you let me know what might be causing this ? ...

Excel #60
Help !! - I want to update my excel pricelist from an updated supplier's excel price list. Column A has Suppliers Code in both Worksheets Column B has Suppliers price in both worksheets If text in cell of Column A (my worksheet) = Text in cell of Column A (suppliers worksheet) Then Replace Value of appropiate cell in Column B (my worksheet) with the Value of appropiate cell in Column B (Suppliers Worksheet) My W/sheet Suppliers W/Sheet Code Cost Code Cost AAAA $5.00 AAAA $5.00 BBBB $4.00 BBBB $4.50 Want to replace the val...

Discounts and write-offs #2
Is there a way to prevent a user from entering a discount based on the terms at the time they are entering a cash receipt? Example a customer has terms and an SOP transaction with terms of Net 30. The customer short pays the invoice and the person entering the cash receipt enters the variance to discounts when it should really be a short-pay. Thanks. Can you mark the short pay account to 'do not allow entry' and then be sure the correct default account is setup on the customer or at company posting. You could a VBA script if you have modifier or the customization site license. Yo...

Namespace headache #2
I'm using the following XML: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD-------------- <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8" ?> <Elements xmlns=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/"> <Module Url=3D"_catalogs/masterpage" Path=3D"PageLayouts"> <File Url=3D"List.aspx" Type=3D"GhostableInLibrary"> </Module> </Elements> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------= =AD-------------...

Excel 2003 back to Excel 2002
I have been using the Office 2003 demo ans like it. I can't afford it right now. So I have to go back to Office 2002 XP. Will docs I have worked on in 2003 be able to be read back into Word, Excel 2002 XP. Is there anything I should do before going back to 2002 XP before un-installing 2003 to make sure I can read my the doc in 2002 XP? Thanks Pete Carr Hi Word and Excel documents will work without a problem. Access 2003 though may be different -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Pete Carr wrote: > I have been using the Office 2003 demo ans like it. > I can't afford it...

excel 2007 show number of recent documents
Recent documents are not displayed. When I go into Excel Options to Display - "Show this number of recent documents" 'the number field is grayed out. How do I set it? Is there currently a value in the feild?, try clicking the information icon next to it for help! -- The Code Cage Team Regards, The Code Cage Team http://www.thecodecage.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=31273...

Excel 2003 + help please with button
Hi all, can anyone tell me why i'm getting a Compile Error: Syntax Error on the line: For lng = 0 me.ListBox1.listcount - 1? Thanks. Sub Button2_Click() Dim lng As Long Dim col As Collection Dim wb2 As Workbook Dim ws As Worksheet Set col = New Collection For lng = 0 Me.Neil.ListCount - 1 If Me.ListBox1.Selected(lng) Then col.Add Me.ListBox1.List(lng) End If Next lng If col.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "No Selections" Else Application.DisplayAlerts = False Applicat...

drop down menus in excel #2
is it possible when using a drop down menu to have an error message pop up if you've selected something that has already been used. Example - if you are making seating plans where you want to make sure you don't select the same person twice. There's an example here for preventing duplicate entries with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html#Unique Or you can hide used items in the dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html rowing coach wrote: > is it possible when using a drop down menu to have an error message pop up > ...

Why would Excel slow down
I am using a basic table with no calculations or associations. A couple of days ago it started to save very slowly. It takes it 1 1/2 minutes to save the file. It's only 870 rows with 12 columns. It's all just basic data. I'm afraid of loosing it. I backup every few minutes, but it makes working on it take forever. Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing else on the computer has been effected. Check this http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Muggs" <Muggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813C21...

Is there an easy way to create a calendar look up table in excel
I want different dates for milestones in a row of my excel file. Is there an easy way to create a date drop down table. When I click on the arrow for the drop down list a little monthly calender would pop up and I could choose the date I wanted from the calender. ...

Linking to Files in other Folders using Excel VBA
Hi, I want to create a macro in a workbook that automatically links to other worksheets. For instance, if i run the following code below, cell E12 will automatically link to cell E12 in sheet "Accounting Data" of file "6460.xls" in folder "C:\My Documents\Accounts\ Range("E12").FormulaR1C1 = "='C:\My Documents\Accounts\[6460.xls]Accounting Data'!RC" I could repeat this code over and over again in reference to other cell ranges, but I'd like to clean it up. I've attempted to do so, with the following code: '-----------------...

Finding 'optimum' values in a range
Hi there! Can any one here help me with the following problem : I have several (harddrive)images, of different sizes. These images need to backup to DVD-roms. So what i've done is that i've placed all the images sizes in a sheet, and now i'd like excel to find out which image-sizes add up to 4.7 GB - or as close as possible to this. (if i simply burn 2 images on DVD i'll need to many DVD's) I've tried several different ways of adding the images sizes and conditional format the sheet, to find which size is closest to 4.7GB. The problem with just adding the values...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Excel Conditional Sum
I am trying to add items delivered to our facility by month. I have column a listing dates by day (date format: 7/14/2004) in column A on a worksheet tab called 'daily activ', column B lists the number of items delivered each day. On another worksheet tab called 'growth' in the same document I have the various months in column A (June, July, etc). In column B I would like to apply a formula pulling from the 'daily activ' tab to sum items for only for that month. I would also like the formula to use a wildcard so it only looks at the month and year. I tried applying ...

Scanning and Excel
I have a great question. Would it be possible to take a document that I scan in with monetary figures on the document and create a corresponding spreadsheet to where the monetary figures populated the corresponding fields on the spreadsheet (i.e. mileage on the scanned document would populate the mileage field in excel, so that I could calculate the total cost for mileage)Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would think that this would depend on your scanner and the software that came with it. And if you got lucky enough to have a scanner that did it and an accurate OCR program, t...

Click on Excel Doc Starts Excel but Excel does not Open the Doc.
Hi When I click on an Excel doc., Excel starts up but does not open the doc. When I rgiht click an .xls and then choose Excel to open it it says that Excel cannot find the document on the indicated path. The path shown is indeed the path to the doc and the doc is there. When I drag an .xls into a runing Excel it opens correctly. Other apps. such as Word open the docs correctly but cannot open docs with links to Excel sheets. Any ideas? Regards, Marc Try looking at this: Tools | Options | General Uncheck "Ignore other applications" HTH hi. try this. Tools>options>g...

Hello, is it by importing a excel-table to visio to import also the name of the excel-sheet as headline or name of the sheet? Thanks - Angelika ...

I think I have it right this time!!! Sorry!
Please help! I'm desperate and frustrated! RE: MONEY 2004 Standard I set up all new Categories and Sub-Categories before I started. Then I post a Transaction, using "OTHER INCOME : Gifts" I double check check the spelling, the case etc, All OK In both MONTHLY REPORT and BUDGET, the sub-category reads: subcategory blank I doube check, triple check...Other Income-Gifts IS in the main list of categories, and it's in the transaction posting! Please help?? So: - somewhere in Budget and in Monthly Report you see the words "OTHER INCOME" and "subcategory b...

how do i save an excel file as .xbrl?
is there an add-on that allows .xbrl saves? thx Frank On 4/11/2010 10:45 AM, Frank wrote: > is there an add-on that allows .xbrl saves? > > thx > > Frank I guess you'd need to tell us what an xbrl file is... Bill ...

Spellchecking in Excel???
I need to translate Japanese into English and German in Excel. The first column is the source language (Japanese), and the two other columns are reserved for English and German. I use the US version of Win XP as well as MS Word 2000 (Office) and MS Proofing Tools. When I am in MS Word, the software recognizes the prevailing language and spellchecks properly. However, in Excel the English spellchecker kicks in, although I highlighted the German column before running the check. The German keyboard had also been selected. How can I do what I want to do? Thanks in advance, S.R. ______________...

Hi all-- I'm using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(Date>=B1),--(Date<E1),--(Category=A5),--(Out)) where Date, Category and Out are named ranges containing date values, category names and dollar values respectively. So essentially, I'm adding up all the "Out" values that fall within a certain date range and are equal to a certain category. If I set the ranges to be only the first 25 or 50 or so rows (all have data in them), I get the total I expect. If I set the ranges to be the last 25 or 50 or so rows (all are empty), I get nothing, also as expected. Here's...

"Excel duplicate problem-Duplicate Data"
Hi ! ALFA ! Thank You Very Very Vey Much !!! It's so simple to do it ! I cant believe it !!! This Method is better than Anurag.d teach me ! Ya ! It's excaellnet work ! According to the subject , i have a problems with the duplicate . 1.I have a workbook contained data in sheet 1 . 2.How to find out duplicate data in single column ? Last time I go to other forum , i get a formula =COUNTIF($#$@:$#$*,#@)=1 (example:=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$20,A2)=1 . It can prevent duplicate data key in . 3.I also have a formula to list out duplicate . The formula is =IF(COUNTIF($C$1:C1,C1)>1,"Dupli...