Excel - Calculate age from DOB in years, months days

  • Follow

Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/10/2010 2:38:01 PM

See Calculating Age near the bottom of:

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Polly" wrote:

> Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/10/2010 2:46:01 PM

Polly wrote:
> Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> Many thanks.

http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/datedif.aspx
0
Reply Glenn 2/10/2010 2:46:46 PM

"Polly" wrote:

> Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/10/2010 2:48:01 PM

Hi,
I assume you have today() formula in D5 and entered the new date in E5

=DATEDIF(D5,E5,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(D5,E5,"ym")&" months
"&DATEDIF(D5,E5,"md")&" days"

"Polly" wrote:

> Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/10/2010 2:49:02 PM

Many thanks, it works.

"Eduardo" wrote:

> Hi,
> I assume you have today() formula in D5 and entered the new date in E5
>
> =DATEDIF(D5,E5,"y")&" years "&DATEDIF(D5,E5,"ym")&" months
> "&DATEDIF(D5,E5,"md")&" days"
>
> "Polly" wrote:
>
> > Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> > calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> > of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> > Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/11/2010 10:20:01 AM

Brilliant, thanks.

But why is it so difficult to find?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> See calculating age near the bottom of:
>
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.aspx
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
>

> "Polly" wrote:
>
> > Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> > calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> > of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> > Many thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/11/2010 10:20:01 AM

Many thanks - I now know how old I am!

"Glenn" wrote:

> Polly wrote:
> > Might seem obvious but I can't find an answer in Excel Help.  I am trying to
> > calculate age in years, months and days by subtracting cell containing date
> > of birth from cell containing today function.  Using 2007.
> > Many thanks.
>

> http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/datedif.aspx
> .

0