Excel 2007 / right-click / pick from drop down list

I am an Excel 2003 user who is beginning to use Excel 2007.  In the "2007"
version, what is the purpose of the "Pick from drop down list..." option
(displayed when right clicking a cell).  When I select this option, no other
dialog box is displayed, but a small blank window appears next to the cell.

I am able to set up a list using Data Validation in the top menu, but am
curious about this new feature in 2007.  I suspect that this feature allows
for quickly setting up a drop down list, but I need some help to start using
it.

That is a feature in xl2003, too.

But put a few values in A1:A3
then rightclick on A4 and choose that option.

You'll see the recent (whatever that means) values that you've used in that
column.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Printing an Excel doucument

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Windows Update

excel axes

Auto Number in List Control
What code can I use to automatically display a number, or preferably, text that will display the same "receipt number" as the previous record or the next successive number. For example, I enter a receipt number in a record...when I start the next record, on a form, I want to be able to click in a list box the same receipt number as before or the next receipt number, which would be just the next number in line. -- Gator ...

Removed content in right columns and limited size of spreadsheet
I was trying to get rid of the contents in the columns to the right of my spreadsheet and instead I accidently deleted everything to the right (area is now grey). Now I can't insert new columns because I have limited the size of the spreadsheet. How can I recover columns to the right? I can't just click undo because I have saved and gone out of the spreadsheet. The data in deleted columns is lost I do not understand how you think you have limited the size of the worksheet That is not possible tell us more best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/...

Excel program

Campaign & marketing list
Hi there again. If I have a Marketing list object, is there a way to get Campaign that Marketing list belongs to? There are no lookup fields, and in this code an exception is thrown: Dim qe As New QueryExpression() qe.EntityName = EntityName.campaign.ToString() qe.ColumnSet = New Query.AllColumns Dim le As New LinkEntity() le.LinkFromEntityName = EntityName.campaign.ToString() le.LinkFromAttributeName = "campaignid" le.LinkToEntityName = EntityName.listmember.ToString(...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

Email from Excel #3

When creating a new Budget, it always picks up my old pay stub information
I've been using MS Money since 2002 and have upgraded several versions up to 2006. In this version, when I try and create a new advanced budget, it automatically populates all the categories that are associated with my pay check (i.e. Gross Pay, Federal Taxes, Medicare, etc.). The only problem is, it's picking up my paycheck from several years back and I have no way of removing it. When I try and click on and edit those items in Budget, the screen just refreshes and nothing happens. I'm unable to delete those entries. What I want to do is enter all my budget items manually. B...

version excel

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Multi-select from a dropdown list
I have a dropdown list but wish to select more than one item from it - is this possible? Not really. Could you replace it with a listbox -- and allow multiple selections? PaulaG wrote: > > I have a dropdown list but wish to select more than one item from it - is > this possible? -- Dave Peterson Hi Paula Only with code This code (not written by me) will allow you to make multiple selections from a data validation cell, and will insert a comma between each selected value Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim rngDV As Range ...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...