Excel 2007 / right-click / pick from drop down list

  • Follow

I am an Excel 2003 user who is beginning to use Excel 2007.  In the "2007"
version, what is the purpose of the "Pick from drop down list..." option
(displayed when right clicking a cell).  When I select this option, no other
dialog box is displayed, but a small blank window appears next to the cell.

I am able to set up a list using Data Validation in the top menu, but am
curious about this new feature in 2007.  I suspect that this feature allows
for quickly setting up a drop down list, but I need some help to start using
it.

0
Reply Utf 1/2/2010 4:21:01 PM

That is a feature in xl2003, too.

But put a few values in A1:A3
then rightclick on A4 and choose that option.

You'll see the recent (whatever that means) values that you've used in that
column.

--

Dave Peterson
0