DSUM with dates

  • Follow

I have a column with some dates and some blanks, and I want to include all
values in my DSUM that have dates in the row - as well as some other
criteria.

I can't find a way to specify in my criteria, that it should include the
date rows and exclude the blanks. I've tried things like '<>""' and '=*' ,
but I can't get it to work.

(It'd even be OK if I could sum all the rows with blanks, because then I
could use the difference from the overall sum)

I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Reply Michelle 12/17/2009 9:18:40 AM

=COUNTBLANK(C14:C20)

 - will count the blanks for you.

Thanks.

"Michelle" wrote:

> I have a column with some dates and some blanks, and I want to include all
> values in my DSUM that have dates in the row - as well as some other
> criteria.
>
> I can't find a way to specify in my criteria, that it should include the
> date rows and exclude the blanks. I've tried things like '<>""' and '=*' ,
> but I can't get it to work.
>
> (It'd even be OK if I could sum all the rows with blanks, because then I
> could use the difference from the overall sum)
>
> I'd be very grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction.
>
> Thanks

> .

0
Reply Utf 12/17/2009 11:34:01 AM