Display date in spanish

I am using a spreadsheet in a mail merge letter in Word.  The front side is
in English and the back side in Spanish.  I need to display the mailing date
in Spanish.  Is there a way to convert the English text date (December 15,
2009) into Spanish?
I've tried using 2 cells - one for the English and one formatted with a
"Date" format and changing the language to Spanish (Mexico).  The date
appears in Spanish in Excel but the number format of the date (12/15/2009)
appears on the letter.

Hi

"mbparks" <mbparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using a spreadsheet in a mail merge letter in Word.  The front side is
> in English and the back side in Spanish.  I need to display the mailing
> date
> in Spanish.  Is there a way to convert the English text date (December 15,
> 2009) into Spanish?
> I've tried using 2 cells - one for the English and one formatted with a
> "Date" format and changing the language to Spanish (Mexico).  The date
> appears in Spanish in Excel but the number format of the date (12/15/2009)
> appears on the letter.

Converet dates to datestrings, p.e. with formula
=TEXT(DateReference,"SpanishDateFormat")

When gathering data for Mail Merge, Word doesn't convert strings like it
does with dates or numbers.

Arvi Laanemets

0
Arvi
12/16/2009 6:08:24 AM
I understand your formula to read as if "DateReference" is the cell
containing the date.  Is this correct?
I am not sure how to indicate "SpanishDateFormat".  I put the formula with
this text in it but got a #VALUE? error.

>I understand your formula to read as if "DateReference" is the cell
> containing the date.  Is this correct?

Yes

> I am not sure how to indicate "SpanishDateFormat".  I put the formula with
> this text in it but got a #VALUE? error.

The format string like the one when you use when formatting the date with
Custom format. P.e.

=TEXT(TODAY(),"dd.mm.yyyy") returns '16.12.2009'

=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm") returns 'December'

=TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm, d. yyyy.") returns 'December, 16. 2009.'
etc.

Arvi Laanemets

0
Arvi
12/16/2009 7:27:14 AM
So I think the question was how to get Diciembre instead of December.

Presumably a matter of setting the Windows Regional Options (in Control
Panel, not in Excel) to Spanish?
--
David Biddulph

"Arvi Laanemets" <garbage@hot.ee> wrote in message
> Hi
>

> "mbparks" <mbparks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I understand your formula to read as if "DateReference" is the cell
>> containing the date.  Is this correct?
>
> Yes
>

>> I am not sure how to indicate "SpanishDateFormat".  I put the formula
>> with
>> this text in it but got a #VALUE? error.
>

> The format string like the one when you use when formatting the date with
> Custom format. P.e.
>
> =TEXT(TODAY(),"dd.mm.yyyy") returns '16.12.2009'
>

> =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm") returns 'December'
>
> =TEXT(TODAY(),"mmmm, d. yyyy.") returns 'December, 16. 2009.'
> etc.
>

> Arvi Laanemets

0
David

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

Dual Displays

how can I add 'date modfied' into a cell in excel 2002
as above Check out http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > as above Thanks JE, appreciate that. "JE McGimpsey" wrote: > Check out > > http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html > > In article <F4E52FD7-13EF-42BC-8754-D8B5F255A3E0@microsoft.com>, > "Shmoo" <Shmoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > as above > ...

Folder could not be displayed

find and count days in blocks of consecutive dates
I need to find a way using Excel to find blocks of consecutive dates in a list and then count how many days are in each block. Any help is appreciated. Hi if i'm understanding you correctly, you can use the COUNTIF function =COUNTIF(range,">="&datevalue("lowest_date"))-COUNTIF(range,">"&datevalue("highest_date")) e.g. =COUNTIF(A1:A23,">="&DATEVALUE("2/10/04"))-COUNTIF(A1:A23,">"&DATEVALUE("4/10/04")) counts all the days between 2/10/04 and the 4/10/04 inclusive PS you might nee...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

Statement Date
I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing dates, service dates, etc.. Is there any way to enter the statement date on money 2007 deluze version 16.0.120.1303? I would like to do this so that I know what month I have just paid. In microsoft.public.money, OfficeNDN wrote: >I enter my transactions manually for some of my accounts, ie utility bills. > >These transactions always have different payment dates, statement closing >dates, service dates, etc.. > >Is there...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Date validation #3
hello everybody, i am new to excel , and i want to format a particular cell such that it accepts a date and the date should BE ONLY SATURDAY. If the date is not saturday a message box should appear and say "please enter the correct date". Please let me know step by step.As i am not comfortable using excel. Thanx, Ragini. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ragini, Use Data Validation, setup a custom criteria, and use a formula of =WEEKDAY(A1)=...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Stop displaying a line

Counting against a date
Hi I want to count the rows in a range 'Tests 1' AF3:AF1000=YES if the date in the range 'Tests 1' AD3:AD1000 is (<=) less than or equal to the date in B14 (current sheet) using the following formula: =IF($B14="","",(SUMPRODUCT(('Tests 1'!$AF$3:$AF$1000=YES)*('Tests 1'!AD$3:$AD1000<=$B14)))) unfortunately this returns an #N/A error I'm clearly missing something here so any tips or pointers would be appreciated. -- Steve Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, th...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

If statements that look for a date range
Help!!! I am trying to look at an ActiveCell and determine if it is in a certain date range from the current date to 180 days prior and then complete an action. Any suggestions? Brian, You cannot look at the activecell with a formula as that would be circular. You could use this in say B1 =IF(AND(A1>=TODAY()-180,A1<=TODAY()), "do something", "do something else") -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Brian Roberson" <Brian.Roberson@bellsouth.com>...

Report Generation Variables for Date
I'm trying to define a filter in a report, using the last month start and last month end as low and high limits. Can somebody tell me the name of this variables, like <Today> is self explanable. -- alvaroguzman this is all I have: <MonthStart> first day of month <WeekStart> date of first day of this week <LastWeekStart> date of first day of last week <YearStart> first day of year <Now> current date/time <ReportDate> date of report "Alvaro Guzman" <aguzmanc2005@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:7C2DA569-6C0C-420C-9F49-4FC...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Convert 24/03/2010 date into 03/24/2010 date format
Hi , I’m using Ms Excel 2003 and in my excel sheet there is a column in which dates are entered as DD/MM/YYYY (e.g. 24/03/2010 as a text) format and I wanted to convert it into MM/DD/YYYY (e.g. 03/24/2010). Can excel programming is required to convert such date or is there any excel function. Please suggest. -- ------------------------------ Thanks Nitesh ------------------------------ Hi Nitesh, Because you say the dates are entered as text you can use Text to Columns to change it to a real date and it should format the cells as dates. Select the column with...