change multiple links at once

Hello,

I have a master spreadsheet that has multiple links in it from 150 other
spreadsheets.  Needless to say it was very time consuming to link certain
rows from each spreadsheet.  If there is a way to automate this for the
future, I would very much appreciate the info.  I have no exp in VB by the
way. :)  A co-worker was helping me do the links and accidently linked to the
wrong file name.  Is there a way to change each link to the correct one
without it being such a manual process?  For example, I have a spreadsheet
named County.xls.  In that spreadsheet I have multiple rows linked to a
master spreadsheet which is another workbook with many different tabs which
are named after each row I am linking.  My coworker linked the master to a
file called County 2010.xls.

Thanks so much in advance.  It's extremely time consuming to copy and paste
each row.

Tara

Use Find and Replace, simply replace all instances of County 2010.xls with
County.xls
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"TaralearningExcel" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a master spreadsheet that has multiple links in it from 150 other
> spreadsheets.  Needless to say it was very time consuming to link certain
> rows from each spreadsheet.  If there is a way to automate this for the
> future, I would very much appreciate the info.  I have no exp in VB by the
> way. :)  A co-worker was helping me do the links and accidently linked to the
> wrong file name.  Is there a way to change each link to the correct one
> without it being such a manual process?  For example, I have a spreadsheet
> named County.xls.  In that spreadsheet I have multiple rows linked to a
> master spreadsheet which is another workbook with many different tabs which
> are named after each row I am linking.  My coworker linked the master to a
> file called County 2010.xls.
>
> Thanks so much in advance.  It's extremely time consuming to copy and paste
> each row.
>
> Tara

Lookup & return multiple rows based on cell value
Good morning! I have a workbook that has 6 worksheets. 1.) Properties 2.) Owner Elections 3.) Agreement Tracking 4.) Routing Sheet 5.) Contract Info 6.) Owners On the Routing Sheet worksheet, in B17, I need to place a formula that will do the following: Go to the Owner Elections worksheet, Look in Column A for the same value that is entered in D10 of the Routing Sheet worksheet, once it finds that value, then goes to column B and copies all rows (beginning with the next row) under it, until it reaches the row that says "TOTAL", and pastes them in the rows on...

Multiple Records from Multiple Fields
I have a membership table (tAllRecs), with each member assigned a unique number (fMbrNo). I have an event table (tWalks), with each event assigned a unique number (fWalkNo). Each event has 7 leaders (fLdr1, fLdr2,�), and 7 assistant leaders (fALdr1, ALdr2,�). The fLdr and fALdr fields contain the tAllRecs.fMbrNo for each of the 14 total leaders and assistants. For each event (record) in tWalks, I have to print data that exists in tAllRecs for each leader and assistant (address, phone, etc.). This is where I am confused, because what I need to do is look up 14 fields in tWalks, and print the c...

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

How to Unhide or Hide Multiple Sheets at One GO?
Hi Everyone I guess my Subject Title has already said what I need to know. SO is i possible to hide or unhide a selection of worksheets at one go? Cheers Kelvi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Kelvin, Select the sheets to hide, then Format>Sheet>Hide -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "hce >" <<hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:hce.12cnl1@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi Everyone > > I guess my Subject Title has a...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How to change newsgroup message font

linked sheets
Hi all I have a spreadsheet with a number of sheets. on sheet one is a merge row in column a with the heading and then various rows with the data A N 123 B A 123 C M 334 D E 233 The first 3/4 rows are identical on the next sheets and are linked to sheet 1 (if sheet 1 changes the data changes). However I may need to add a new row in sheet one (in example above a new row between the 123 and 123. Is there a way that will update the new row on the other sheets. Any suggestions greatly appreciated Rexmann Ps I use Excel XP on the sheets other than sheet1 in column A use =indirect...

Change a formula to an acual number

Problem Changing an Investment Name

Should I change this code?

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

Installing Office 2007 onto multiple destops onthe same computer
I installed Office 2007 onto my families' computer, but the programs (Word, Excel, etc.) only are accessible from my desktop. Office 2007 products don't show up on my wife's and son's desktop and within their programs choices. Log in to the Administrator account, repair / reinstall Office "Hammer Man" <Hammer Man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FFDE5E7-28B2-4D42-87C2-5F04D862EA44@microsoft.com... >I installed Office 2007 onto my families' computer, but the programs (Word, > Excel, etc.) only are accessible from my deskto...

icon changes with change of extension

HELP!!! Missing Links!!!
Please can someone please tell me how to locate where a corup link in a spreadsheet might be. When I open up my workbook it tells me that it "contains one or more links that can not be updated." I then choose EDIT --> LINKS to check the status of the links but all the links show as being just fine. There are no broken links. But when I open up the file again I get the same message. Does anyone know how to nerrow it down so i can find out what link seems to be broken/missing? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Steve Download and use Findlink http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/...

Field Type Change

Tracking Changes

Save Changes? #2