change multiple links at once

  • Follow

Hello,

I have a master spreadsheet that has multiple links in it from 150 other
spreadsheets.  Needless to say it was very time consuming to link certain
rows from each spreadsheet.  If there is a way to automate this for the
future, I would very much appreciate the info.  I have no exp in VB by the
way. :)  A co-worker was helping me do the links and accidently linked to the
wrong file name.  Is there a way to change each link to the correct one
without it being such a manual process?  For example, I have a spreadsheet
named County.xls.  In that spreadsheet I have multiple rows linked to a
master spreadsheet which is another workbook with many different tabs which
are named after each row I am linking.  My coworker linked the master to a
file called County 2010.xls.

Thanks so much in advance.  It's extremely time consuming to copy and paste
each row.

Tara
0
Reply Utf 4/8/2010 3:01:02 PM

Use Find and Replace, simply replace all instances of County 2010.xls with
County.xls
--
If this helps, please remember to click yes.

"TaralearningExcel" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a master spreadsheet that has multiple links in it from 150 other
> spreadsheets.  Needless to say it was very time consuming to link certain
> rows from each spreadsheet.  If there is a way to automate this for the
> future, I would very much appreciate the info.  I have no exp in VB by the
> way. :)  A co-worker was helping me do the links and accidently linked to the
> wrong file name.  Is there a way to change each link to the correct one
> without it being such a manual process?  For example, I have a spreadsheet
> named County.xls.  In that spreadsheet I have multiple rows linked to a
> master spreadsheet which is another workbook with many different tabs which
> are named after each row I am linking.  My coworker linked the master to a
> file called County 2010.xls.
>
> Thanks so much in advance.  It's extremely time consuming to copy and paste
> each row.
>
> Tara
0
Reply Utf 4/8/2010 4:32:02 PM