Calculating date/time intervals??

I have multiple sets of date/time value combinations. For each start time
(date/time) and finish time (date/time), I need a formula that calculates the
number of days, hours, and minutes between the two events.

Example: Start 5/14/2010, 11:25  Finish 5/17/2010, 18:30

Thanks for any assistance!

John

Hi,

Assume that starting entry is in cell C7 and finishing entry is in cell C9

=INT(C9)-INT(C7) for days;
=(C9-C7)*24*60 for minutes; and
=(C9-C7)*24 for days

--
Regards,

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"jj" <jj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have multiple sets of date/time value combinations. For each start time
> (date/time) and finish time (date/time), I need a formula that calculates
> the
> number of days, hours, and minutes between the two events.
>
> Example: Start 5/14/2010, 11:25  Finish 5/17/2010, 18:30
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
>
> John

0
Ashish

average if with time
I have data sorted by date(mm/dd/yy) and time(hh.mm.ss) and I am tryin to write a function which will average every hour. How can I sor through the times and compute an average without getting all the 2 clocks, for example, as opposed to the hour on one particular day Thanks for the help, Andrew Moo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Need a little more detail. Maybe give me an example of what you have a data and then tell me what results you are trying to recieve from tha data! michae -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I see your problem as having separate...

How to calculate age of a person?

Due Date Calculated

how to calculate outliers

Calculated field options???

Time Conversion question
One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I need a formula to convert this figure to a decimal respresentation of time (166.55 for the example listed previously). Any help will be much appreciated. =INT(A1/100)+MOD(A1,100)*5/300 HTH. Best wishes Harald "Sean Skallerud" <SeanSkallerud@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:050BD3C6-E67A-4F94-B08B-695A038B33A6@microsoft.com... > One of the pieces of software we use gives us time in an awkward format. > 16633 means 166 minutes 33 seconds. I...

tenure calculations

Time Sheet Function to Calculate

Formula to calculate time

Is it possible to have different send/receive patterns at different times?
Basically, here's what I want to happen. >From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I leave the office, Outlook stops, and I can check my e-mail through our web interface. The simple approach is to just close Outlook, but I tend to forget to do that. So is there a way to set it, either with or without an add-in? Justin <jmeyer@incrementaladvantage.com> wrote: > Basically, here's what I want to happen. >> From 8-5 or so, Outlook downloads my e-mail automatically with > Send/Receive. At 5 or 5:30, when I le...

Insert calculated median field in pivottable
Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. Thanks, Joel Not supported in a pivot -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Joel Schaefer" <joel@disintegrators.com> wrote in message news:ev4P0Nk6FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Anyone know how to get a median calculation in a pivot table? I've tried > inserting a calculated field but it always sums the calculated field. > > Thanks, > > Joel > ...

Javascript help, calculation whoes when calculating from a calculation....
I am having a strange issue with Javascript and I cannot see what the issue us? Essentially I need to be able to calculate two values, one is addition and the second is multiplication. I am getting some strange numbers. My code is at the bottom under the ------, here are the details. crmForm.all.estimatedvalue.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_nextyr.DataValue = 10 crmForm.all.new_cfp_estrev_yrtwoplus.DataValue = 10 This should make totalestrev = 30, Then its getting weird, I am taking the following formula (10/100)*30 = 270? Here 10 is the value selected from the drop down value, I ...

calculator errors
when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a1,b1) into cell c1. If a1 is 1000 and b1 is .10 than c1 should equal 100, but it equals 102.04. My calculator is off somehow when i try to multiply. Please help me. Thank You, Kat I'd take a look at the values in A1 and B1. Are they really 1000 and .10 or are they 1000.49999 or .10444 (for example) "Kat and the Calculator" <KatandtheCalculator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:591A3F6E-7C20-4C88-B1E2-6B76CFF502BA@microsoft.com... > when i enter an equation into a cell such as: =product(a...

Calculating Employee hours for the current week
Hello, I am new to excel and have been assigned the task of creating a file that breaks down the amount of time each of our employees spends on different projects. Most importantly I want to create a rollup sheet that shows the total number of hours all the employees have spent on the different projects (there are 6) for the current week. Is there any way for excel to figure out the current week then add together the hours all the employees worked on these 6 projects? Thanks in advance. Hi, Take a look at the templates available from Microsoft at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/template...

documents in transaction inquiry should default to date
When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to "by Document Date." ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

Show only Latest date in reuslts of a query
Hi I have a parent table holding review dates and a child table with audit trail entries made with dates. I want to extract all documents with a review date within a range (select query doing this) and would also like to see only the latest audit trail entry in the the child table. At the moment my select query shows a document with all audit trail entries. Any suggestions on how I can get only the latest audit trail entry would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Dee Select query left join to --- Group by query with these fields -- Audit_Identifier Max(audit trail entry da...

What does this calculation do?!
I am working with a colleague to create a spreadsheet to rank supervisor performance through several aspects of the average performance of their employees. We have been given a similar spreadsheet as an example of what is needed. I am looking at it, and initially cannot understand what in the world some of the calcuations are meant to do. Here is one that is meant to calculate the "ranking score." It is a percentage determined by a target percentage and the person's actual performance percentage: =IF(IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)>200,200,IF(C3>0,(C3/B3),200)) As far as I ...

calculation in menu/tool bar using option buttons and pull-down menus
hello: Like to be able to add a series of calculations into the menu bar. The calculations would require 1 input field, 2 sets of radio (or are they called toggle???) buttons, a pull down list and an answer field that was dependent on the radio buttons, pull down and # inputted. I can do all this in an Excel worksheet fairly easily; however, I'd like to put it up in the menu bar/tool bar area so it is easily accessable no mater what workbook I'm working in. How can I do this? Any places I can read about this on the Web? Thanks for any answers/pointers! For example, the basic con...

ALERT IF TRY TO ENTER SAME SECOND TIME
I need to enter data in about 10 columns from hard copies I get daily. One of these columns will be a key (alphanumeric) that defines a job. I may receive other hard copies on other days of that same job. I don't want to enter the data a second time. How can I have the sheet alert me if I try to enter the key again? How about Conditional Formatting? best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "dancer" <dancer@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%232f5yANQHHA.992@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I need to enter data in abou...

Savings Goals, how are they calculated
I have a budget that says I have $1000+ saved each month, when I setup a savings goal for three months down the road for $2000 it says that it is unattainable and the max I could save is $345! What else is calculated into the savings goals other than how much money is left over after each month! It just doesn't make sense. The only help it gives is check out your cash flow... and sure enough, at the time I want my savings goal to be reach it says that the total of my accounts is $4000+ dollars... why does Money keep saying that I can't do a savings goal above $345?!!! This is...

Customize Queue to display time
Has anyone found a way to display the time as well as date an e-mail enters a queue ...

Dmin for nearest date
DMin ( expression, domain, [criteria] ) A column in my query calculates a due date for each record. The report needs to show the nearest/soonest due date for each employee. The report is sorted by employee so I figured I could put this into a text box: =DMin("DueDate","q_Inventory","DueDate") But, under every employee is the same date, it shows the minimum date in the query, but not for each person... How can I make it reflext each Min date? ??? Try a Totals query and change DueDate from Group By to Min. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little ...