VBA - Copy/Paste to next empty cell

I would like to have a button that, when clicked, will copy the contents of a
specific row and paste it into the next empty row of several subsequent
ranges.

Example:

Range 1: B8:E12
Range 2: B20:E24
Range 3: B32:E36

There is text in B8 and a number in E8.

I would like to click a button that will paste the information in B8 and E8
to the first empty rows in Ranges 2 and 3 (could be B20/E20 of Range 1 and
B34/E34 of Range 2, and so on, depending on which row is empty in each range).

See if this is what you're after.

Sub CopyPasteTwoPlaces()
' Copies B8:E8 to B20:F31 and B32:F41 and beyond
Dim i As Long
    Range("B8:E8").Copy
    For i = 20 To 31 Step 1 '12 places for first paste values
        If IsEmpty(Cells(i, 2).Value) Then Exit For
    Next
    Debug.Print i
    Cells(i, 2).Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    If IsEmpty(Range("B32").Value) Then
        Range("B32").Select
        Else
        Range("B" & Range("B:B").Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
    End If
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
End Sub

HTH
--
Data Hog

"megangomez" wrote:

> I would like to have a button that, when clicked, will copy the contents of a
> specific row and paste it into the next empty row of several subsequent
> ranges.
>
> Example:
>
> Range 1: B8:E12
> Range 2: B20:E24
> Range 3: B32:E36
>
> There is text in B8 and a number in E8.
>
> I would like to click a button that will paste the information in B8 and E8
> to the first empty rows in Ranges 2 and 3 (could be B20/E20 of Range 1 and
> B34/E34 of Range 2, and so on, depending on which row is empty in each range).

Print, Merged Cells, and VBA

Excel 2002 annoyance
Greetings List I am using Excel XP amd Access XP I regularly run queries in Access and cut and paste the results into a new Excel spreadsheet. The Access data is usually formatted numeric, fixed, zero decimal places. Once pasted into Excel, it gains 2 decimal places and I get the little green triangle in each cell inviting me to convert to numeric of error check etc. Can anyone think of a way to retain the numeric formatting from the MS Access data? Regards George ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet mess...

I recently upgraded Office now ALL folders are empty!
I upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2007 now ALL of my folders are empty "chuebert" <chuebert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0F7B550-36B6-47C6-80A7-C8C5C8A369EC@microsoft.com... >I upgraded Outlook 2003 to 2007 now ALL of my folders are empty With Outlook closed, open the Mail applet in Control Panel and click Data Files. Click Add and browse to the data file you were using before you upgraded. Click Set as Default and then remove the other, empty data file. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

VBA and Scheduled task in Outlook

vba select field

Column width and pasting sections in excel? Formatting questions
I am trying to make a spreadsheet in which I need to have varied column widths in different sections, one under another. (they don't need to relate directly, and no major equations going on) for example: xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx xxxxxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx How do I go about splitting the sheet or whatever I need to do so I can manipulate columns differently based on the row I'm in? Thanks! Rich Column widths apply to the whole column. You may be able to use merged cells to give the appearance that you want, but I try to stay...

VLOOKUP in VBA

Turn pc speaker on/off with vba code

How do I protect specific cells from changes in Excel?
Please can someone help me. How do I protect specific cells from changes in Excel? I have a spreadsheet that I would like users to only be able to change certain cells, the others need to be protected from change Go to Format>Cells. On the Protection tab, uncheck the "Locked" box for any cell you want to be editable. After you protect the document, the user will only be able to edit the cells you unlock. "LarryH" <LarryH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E8A5FD8-A990-4181-9842-19B007C88F71@microsoft.com... > Please can someone help me. ...

Scattered Contacts & Empty "folders"
Similar issues in both Outllook XP and Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange 2003, data files are on server "Mailbox-"user name". Problem -- Compose new mail, click "To:" on the message, choice of Global Addr List / Contacts / Contacts in the drop down. Adresses can be found in one of the Contacts choices, but not in the Contacts folder of Outlook (in either the shortcut view or the folder view), and the other Contacts is blank/empty. How, why might these be separated and how can they be combined (Outlook contacts folder and where ever the other addresses are stor...

Excel and VBA
I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to help learn about using Visual Basic in office. Thanks! Here's a good place to start: http://www.contextures.com/xlbooks.html Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "Bob Sinclair" wrote: > I am very interested in learning more about using VBA in office, especially > Excel. Can you post some resources (online, books, etc) that can be used to > help learn about using Visual Basic in office. >...

Different beginning cell each time for same macro
I would like my macro to begin in a different cell that I select each time and then have the first step of the macro select the 12 cells immediately to the right of the cell I select each time. Currently my macro runs perfectly except that the macro will only begin in the exact same cell every time the marco is run. This means that the same 13 cells are used by the macro every time. Where as I need the marco to begin in a different cell that I more or less randomly select and then the macro should select the 12 cells immediately to the right of that cell. I know someone out there...

minimum cell value
Hi, I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value. The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to show a minimum value of 1 is this possible? Hi, Doug, Try: =Max(a1/a2*5,1) --- Regards, Norman "Doug Bell" <Doug Bell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8766BC4D-D3CD-4B4F-AF7B-FD145DE56205@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to set up a cell so it has a minimum value. > > The current formula is: =a1/a2*5 which gives the answer 0 but i need to > show > a minimum value of 1 is this possible? > ...

VBA Customization
Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great Plains 8.0? Thanks for all your help. open GreatPlains. Add the current window, it will add the Toolbar then add fields choose the company name on the top left after the user id. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get the name of the current company through VBA in Great >Plains 8.0? > >Thanks for all your help. > > > >. > Thanks. I tried, but I couldn't add company name to the field list. It opens up the login screen instead. Any thoughts? Thanks again. "ger...

paste from clipboard issue
Hello guys, I am encountering a really strange issue with standard paste in excel. Here is what I do and the strange behavior I observe: - I copy from excel a single line containing some blanks inside - I open notepad and paste the line into it - Then I copy the just pasted line from notepad and paste it into excel - Magic, the blanks disapeared. This is absolutely not what was expected, where is the setting to force exel take into account the blank fields when pasting from the clipboard. Thanks for your help. Hi Pierre I just tried it and it copied bach perfectly! Peter "Pierre...

Run VBA without show
I want excel to run the VBA code without showing me what it is doing. Which code should i use for that? Sub RunWithoutShow() Application.ScreenUpdating = False 'Paste the vba code here 'end of code 'Change screenupdating property to true Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub I hope this helps... Selva V Pasupathy For more on Excel, VBA, & other Resources Please visit: http://socko.wordpress.com You may also (inserting into quote from code example bellow from Socko) Use Application.Visible property to hide the application entirely Sub RunWithoutShow() Appli...

Form Controls vs VBA controls
I am new to VBA so just finding my feet, can anyone help me with th differences between an excel control (i.e. one from the form toolbox lets say a checkBox and a vba checkBox? From trying the two controls the I have noticed is that you canno capture the change event of the VBA checkbox in the code module, it ha to be done via the sheet (i.e. checkbox on sheet1, code goes in chang event on sheet1) the control is placed on, is this correct? What woul you do if you have three sheets with the same controls just differen data, do you really have to code the control 3 times? The excel control ho...

Referencing a ComboBox in VBA
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I want to run some code in my Workbook_Open() Sub that fills a combo box on one of my Worksheets (I will call it myCombo on mySheet). I tried the following code and it did not work: myCombo.Clear myCombo.AddItem "Item One" myCombo.AddItem "Item Two" myCombo.AddItem "Item Three" I assume that the problem is that within the Workbook_Open() Sub, the reference to myCombo is not valid. Can anyone tell me if/how I can get a valid reference to myCombo (on mySheet)? Thanks in advance, Paul Kraemer -- Paul Krae...

Cell Selection issue
Morning all. I'm making a user form, and want to select a cell to place my equation, then with that selection choice, offset upwards, and to the side, to select and merge two sets of two cells, each. I understand with my selection that I'd use the following: activecell.offset(0,1).select to get my first cell selection. But how do I retain that initial selection, and then offset one more up, to then merge those two cells? Thank you. I'm not 100% sure what you are wanting but I think you want to merge the cell to the right of the activecell with the cell one r...

inserting and renaming a sheet vba
Instead of having 2 lines of code, one to insert a new sheet and one t rename it, is there a way to insert a sheet with particular name i one go -- Matt Housto ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Matt Houston's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26717 ...

color-coding cells and more
Excel 97 / W98 Two easy questions. Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not using Visual Basic Editor? That is, I want to change a cell based on a condition using the =IF(a,b,c) format. In the status bar, I have choices of SUM, Average, and a few others. Always opens with SUM as the default option. Can I change the default to 'Average?' -- Replace the AT in address Statistics convinces us we are in a minority. Probability convinces us we are psychic. Old guy wrote: > Is there a way to color-code a cell based on a condition, BUT not > ...