User form Default value in text box

Hi all.
Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want
to have the value defaulted to the current date.  I've looked at several
posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet.  Any ideas on how to
set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or
direction is appreciated.  Thanks.

AccessUser777

Hi,

Try this way

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = Date
End Sub
--
Mike

question.

"AccessUser777 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> Hi all.
> Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want
> to have the value defaulted to the current date.  I've looked at several
> posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet.  Any ideas on how to
> set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or
> direction is appreciated.  Thanks.

> .

Tabebed Forms in Access!!!HELP!
I am trying to design a tabbed form in Access 2007. I have my five tabs named etc....I have inserted fields onto the first tab and for the life of me cannot figure out have to get the fields from the first tabs to not show up on the other tabs!!!!! I want each tab to contain its own fields. How do I do this???? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! Try cutting the controls, and pasting them back on the the correct page. Make sure that the page itself is selected before pasting the control. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Heather Elbert&qu...

New to User Forms

Microsoft GP -change the default sort on vendor lookups
On any vendor lookup, the default sort is by vendor number. No one knows the vendor numbers, so you have to change the sort to vendor name. So either change the default or give the option to the users to set their personal default sort. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in...

Change A Cell Value Directly from a Chart
Folks, this is a follow-up to my earlier post. I've done some experimenting and I can quickly accomplish what I'm after if I could figure out how to change a cell value from a worksheet directly from a chartsheet. Here's my plan. Worksheet1 = PopulationModel Worksheet2 = PrehuntEstimates Worksheet3 = PivotTable Chartsheet4 = Chart A closeup look at each component: Worksheet1 Year PHFD PHYD PHAD WS2 WS2 WS2 (CELLS ARE ALL LINKED TO CELLS IN WORKSHEET2 and updated of course when they change) Worksheet2 (88R*7C) PHFD PHYD PHAD ADJUST UPHFD UPHYD UPHA...

Users Shared Folders

Why my default number format changed
I am using Excel 2007. From time to time, I found the default number format changed when I open an exiting excel file. For example, originally its default format was "General", but when I open the file, found it changed to "Custom". How is it happened? How can I prevent? How can I fix it. Thanks in advance! ...

outlook 2002 on xp pro: default format style for new emails
Whenever I start a new email in Outlook, the format style is set to Paragraph, not Normal as with most, if not all, other computers. Actually a user is patched through CITRIX, piped into the citrix server, using his session's Outlook. Don't let that throw you; I'd like at least to know if there's a way to change the default. Thank you! ...

Combo Boxes in CListCtrl
Hi, How shall I have combo boxes as CListCtrl subitems? Regards, Vinodh Kumar P See here: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp "Vinodh Kumar P" <thecomdeveloper@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bltlo1$e7h$1@news.mch.sbs.de... > Hi, > How shall I have combo boxes as CListCtrl subitems? > > Regards, > Vinodh Kumar P > > ...

Tabbing between text boxes in Excel 2007
I have a spreadsheet that has multiple text boxes that I need to quickly type info into and then tab to go to the next text box, this worked just fine in 2003 but since I changed to 2007 it does not allow me to tab between the text boxes, any solutions? I would be happy to send someone an example of my worksheet if that helps. Thanks! Excel 2007 Select shapes with keyboard shortcuts. http://www.mediafire.com/file/mtyf2j2dk4w/03_11_10b.pdf http://www.mediafire.com/file/ymtmzodrrwj/03_11_10b.xlsx ...

Users not showing up All Users

Importing multiple text files to spreadsheet
Just wondering if anyone might know if there's a way to automate this problem: I have 200 text files that need to be imported to 1 worksheet on Excel. - each file should be imported to 1 column in the Excel worksheet - the 'next' file imported to the next column - thus after the import, there should be 200 filled columns - starting with zero columns filled ??? Any ideas? ========================== FYI: essentially, i'm trying to get information from the text files - which represent 1 record - to a database, & i'm using a spreadsheet to do this coz after the i...

user breakpoint

Need User Name and Password

Text size #2
Hello friends, is there a way to change the default text size and the font for the incoming emails in OutlookXP, the email format is set to HTML with Word as the email editor. Appreciate your help. Thanks. ...

Random Users Calendars not viewable

Restricting the input to certain values in an input box
Dear Experts: below macro - which is running just fine - performs the following tasks: 1. Ask the user to input a row number 2. The entered row number and all subsequent row numbers till the last one will acquire a user defined paragraph style. Now here comes my additional requirement to be incorporated into the code: The input is to be restricted to .... 1) only numeric values 2) should range only between 1 and the total number of rows of the currently selected table 3) figures entered that are not within that range should throw an error message (Input not within the rang...

Change Print Form
Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, I'd liek to add my Compnay Logo to and a signature line so we can print the case prior to going to the client site and provide a copy of the Case for thier records as well as get sign off of the work being completed. As far as I know you have to use reports to customize prints. But if anyone knows how to change the standard printouts (for me for orders etc.)? Greetings, Wolfgang. "Jclark" wrote: > Anyone know how to change the format of the Case that prints out? Example, > I'd liek to...

Form Colors on a form change on a laptop pc
When one of our users prints his Expense Report (an Excel form), it prints in blue ink and he would like it changed to black. Previously, the color of the lines was set to automatic. I changed the color to black and it still prints blue for him. Is there a setting on his pc that is doing this and could I override it by making a change to the Excel file? Thanks. -- akkrug Sounds to me like he's running out of blank ink. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "akkrug" <kenneth.krug@uticanational.com> wrote in message news:B6C284E0-28A4-42E7-88C1-C069513FEF...

Manager grayed out on user setup

changing the default invoice templates!
Dear All I have MM 2005 Small Business. I want to edit the default templates for invoices (as I have to add my company number and VAT number to them..) I can do this, and save them within the Invoice Designer. But they don't show up in the templates list within Money! Any ideas? Also, if I export a .inv file and try and import it, it says its from a file type from before 2004 and cant be used! Any ideas would be gratefully received! Andrew Shoben http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/17.aspx for the first one. Don't know about the second. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money h...