Show only Grand total in Pivot Table

PLease help,
Is it possible to show only the "Columns" Grand Total of the Pivot table?

The user can select 1, 2, 3 or 15 weeks of data using the usual drop down
menu. 15 weeks show a large sheets of data for nothing. Specialy when we have
8 different data for each week. Most of the time we want to see the total
only of the selected weeks.

How can I hide the details (columns) and show the Total for each Item fields.
Pivot table can hide  the details by rows, why not by columns?

PS> I can not ask the user to hide himself the columns he doesn't want to
see because the sheets is Protected and I want the user to select a macros
instead to do this.
Thanks

Item.content field in RMS Items table
I was taking a look at the structure of the item table in RMS 1.3, Headquarters. At the end of the record is a field called "Content". It is an ntext field. I don't see anyplace on the Item Properties form where this field is referenced. Is this an obsolete field, and if so, would it be safe for me to utilize this field for some of my custom information? -- Bill Yater The Worth Collection byater@worthltd.com Bill, There are a few fields in the Item table that either have never been implemented or are no longer in use. It should be safe to use contents. We have used th...

Suppress zeros from the data table of a chart
I am plotting data on a monthly basis for a year from the result of som calculations in the spreadsheet..... So when it's April the values in the rest of the year are turned out a #NA (a tip I saw on this forum just now....thanks). However the data table under the chart still insists on displayin these with a value of 0. This would not be a problem if some of the charts didn't have expecte perfromance levels of 0. Anyone know how to turn these zeros off in the data table ? Thanks in advance Andy:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Andy, Using the NA()...

showing text in a dialog app's EditBox (newbie q)
Apologies in advance for a beginner question! (I'd really appreciate a pointer to a good tutorial or book for GUI beginner apps. I'm using VS6.) I've made a simple MFC dialog app. It does stuff after a button is clicked, and shows progress text in an edit box. Unfortunately the edit box text is not updated when I want it to be. Although the calls to UpdateData return success, the new text is not actually shown until the "do stuff" function is complete; that is, all of my progress text is shown too late. I've probably put the call to the "do stuff" functio...

Outlook not showing ALL sent Items...But shows some, why?
We are running Outlook 2003 clients against a Exchange 2003 server SP1, on Windows 2003 Working fine for all, except one user This user does not get 'sent items' populated consistently. We see items show up sometimes, or not at all or later. Yes, later, like 2 weeks later. And all items do not show up. I've built his account onto a different box from scratch, it populates all folders, and 'sent items' looks the same, so it is not Outlook 2003 settings. We do used Cached mode access for users. I am stumped on this. What could possibly cause this? "Phil&qu...

SECOND AXIS ON PIVOT TABLE
I am trying to create a second axis on a pivot table, but it doesn't seem to retain this format when I save the file or chose another category in the pivot table to view. The method I am using to set the second axis is to right click on the data series, chose format data series, on choose second axis on the axis tab. Pivot charts and pivot tables are notorious for their fragile formatting. Update the pivot table, and any customized formatting vanishes. This Microsoft Knowledge Base article describes the problem: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting (215904) http:/...

Instead of summarized values I want a text to appear in the Pivot.
I would like yo use pivot table but instead of showing a summarized function I want to show a value or a name etc... ...

How Can I show 3 different lines in one chart?
I've created 3 different line charts and am trying to combine them all into one chart with a different color for each line. Each line designates a different type of customer service. I can't figure out how to do it? Can anybody help? -- B''''''''''''''''s mom Hi, Select one of your existing charts. Right click and pick Source Data from the popup menu. On the Series tab use the Add button to add another series to the chart. Then go to the Values box and define the range for the data. Repeat for the 3rd series. ...

Showing the users in a Ldap (dynamic) group in outlook
Hello, Can users use outlook to see who is in a LDAP group in outlook? I hit preview in ADCU and i can see the users, but what happens if a user wants to make sure that the email is going to one particular person they have no way to check who is in which group. There must be a setting to change the GAL display?? vyaw2003@gmail.com wrote: >Can users use outlook to see who is in a LDAP group in outlook? Outlook wouldn't use LDAP, it'd use NSPI to accomplish that task. >I hit >preview in ADCU and i can see the users, but what happens if a user >wants to make sure that...

Show Random Mail
Hi, is it possible to let Outlook show a random Mail from a folder ? Could this be solved by a user-defined View ? Random Mails from a folder should be chosen in order to find winners of a game. Regards Ralf Abele ...

Scheduling Assistant showing wrong time zone for client
I have a user on Outlook 2007 XPSP3, that when she tries to use the sceduling assistant, it shows a different time zone. She is in CST and the assistant shows her to be in a Euro time zone. any ideas? most of the time, outlook uses the system(computer) time so i would have her check time zone of the date and time properties. "mfischer78219" wrote: > I have a user on Outlook 2007 XPSP3, that when she tries to use the sceduling > assistant, it shows a different time zone. She is in CST and the assistant > shows her to be in a Euro time zone. > > a...

IE7, Vista Business, very slow responese on showing some views
Hi, I have a strange problem - MSCRM 3.0 works fine on XP, but on Vista sometimes shows (in 50%) first 250 items and than IE7 freeze for 3-4 minutes. I can't do anything on that view and after that it works again. Other programs on that PC work without problem. It looks like that IE is waiting to server to send the final end. In meantime all other clients (XP) work flawless. Again, it is a brand new PC with all patches (I hope) and problem is only on Vista. Hi, I have the same problem, but with IE7 and XP! After showing first 250 (and then I tried also only 100) leads, accounts et...

newly downloaded transactions are not showing
Up until now Money 2006 has been working flawlessly. Today I go in to Money and download new transactions from my bank. Money shows that I have 42 new transactions to read; however when I go into the account to see the transactions they are not listed. I have checked my Views and all is as it should be. I cannot for the life of me figure out what is going on. Has anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon ? Money thinks it has 42 transactions (and it should) however they are not viewable. Any ideas, Duke In microsoft.public.money, Duke wrote: > Up until now Money 20...

How to show dependents for all cells in a selection at once?
Hello How to show dependents for all cells in a selection at once? Hi see your other posts P.S.: please don't multipost >-----Original Message----- >Hello >How to show dependents for all cells in a selection at once? > > >. > Sub ShowDependents() ' For Each cell In Selection cell.ShowDependents Next cell End Sub Sub ShowPrecedents() ' For Each cell In Selection cell.ShowPrecedents Next cell End Sub -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 --------------------...

Continuous PowerPoint Show
At our place of business in the breakroom, I have mounted a widescreen monitor and computer to a wall which plays a continous looped PowerPoint Show with information and current events around the workplace. Really easy idea and the staff has really grown to like it. However, something "trips" the program after a few hours and I'm not sure what is doing it. Sometimes, I'll pass by the room, and the show is frozen on either the very last slide or the first slide of the show. I gave checked the settings in "Set Up Show" a million times to make sure it is ...

How do I hide results until conditions are right to show them?
I have three adjacent columns, A, B and C, and wish to sum the total number of entries of '/' in each column and add the total from column A to column B to column C. In A I have '=COUNTIF(H21:H26,$E$229) ' where $E$229 = '/' In B I have '=COUNTIF(I21:I26,$E$229)+H27' where H27 = the sum of /s in column A In C I have '=COUNTIF(J21:J26,$E$229)+I27' where I27 = the sum of /s in column B (which includes A) However where there are no entries in B or C I want the totals in these columns to appear blank, until a '/' is put in either of thes...

Pivot Table Sort #3
I am using Excel 2000. I have created a simple list containing "Contract #'s", "Beginning Dates","Ending Dates","Terms (in Months)", and "Contract Value". I created a pivot table based on the above. When I try to sort the PT by "Ending Date" or "Beginning Date". nothing happens. The only column (non-value) I can sort is the first column "Contract #". I have eliminate all auto sorts from the PT. Everything is set to Manual. Is there something I'm missing ? I appreciate your help as always. You shou...

Account payments do not show in the register reports.
When ever we make a payment to an account, say using a credit card that payment to account will not show up on the detailed electronic capture report for that register. It will show up on the global report and it is being captured, but it will not show up on the individual report. Please help. We are on 2.0 -- Frank Rizzo ...

Pivot Table Not Refreshing Data From UDF
I have an Excel 2007 spreadsheet, which is hosted on a SharePoint 2007 server and accessed through the SharePoint Excel Web Access WebPart. On a 2nd worksheet, I have a range defined, which displays the results of a UDF that returns an object array. This portion functions correctly. On the 1st worksheet, I have a pivot table, which uses the named range from the 2nd worksheet as its data source. This doesn't work. All that the pivot table renders is a single line with no data. I have verified that the pivot table is configured to refresh upon opening the spreadsheet. Interesti...

Two Tables using one Enquiry Table?
I have three tables called tblStudents, tblTeachers and tblEnquiries. tblStudents = StudentID, DOB, Address, etc... tblTeachers = TeacherID, DOB, Address, etc... If I just wanted an Enquiries table for Students, creating the fields would be easy: tblEnquiries = EnqDate, StudentID, EnqDescription, EnqFollowupDate Likewise if I just wanted an Enquiries table for Teachers, creating the fields would be easy: tblEnquiries = EnqDate, TeacherID, EnqDescription, EnqFollowupDate But I need a single enquiry table to manage enquiries from both students and teachers. How do I do this? Thanks, ...

Print E-mail to show attachments
Is there a setting to make Outlook include a list of the attachments? One of the guys here wants to know how he can print his e-mail with the names off the attachments that are included with it. He show me some that did print it before. I can't find any option to do this. ...

Location of pivot chart
I am using Excel 2003. I want to create a pivot chart from a pivot table. As soon as I click the chart button, however, Excel immediately creates the chart in a sheet of its own. I want to be able to create that chart in an existing sheet. I can't see an easy way to do this, other than then moving the one that's been created on its own chart sheet. Surely there must be a way to bi-pass that step? Making a pivot chart doesn't take you through the full-blown chart wizard, which allows this choice on its last step. I can't think of a non-VBA way to put a pivot chart dir...

Field not showing in Filter Criteria
Hello, Someone used an existing field "address1: shippingmethodcode" for a picklist field. We use this field regularly. I now tried to create a new view but the field is not in the list to be used in the filter criteria. This only happens in the Leads since other field in the other entities are custom fields. This field in the Leads was a previous field in 1.2 that was upgraded to 3.0. Can anyone tell why this field not show up and how to get it to show up??? Thank you Robert - there is a hotfix for this issue, you will likely have to contact mbs to get it though: ...

SQL 2008
I installed SQL 2008 and couldn't find the Show Diagram pane, Show Criteria pane, etc. Is that not available in 2008? If not, why would something like that be taken away? It makes it much more time consuming to throw together ad hoc queries. On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 06:25:01 -0700, JP <JP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I installed SQL 2008 and couldn't find the Show Diagram pane, Show Criteria >pane, etc. Is that not available in 2008? If not, why would something >like that be taken away? It makes it much more time consuming to throw >toget...

Show Distribution info when entering A/P
NWhe entering Vendor Bills, show the distribution information on the first screen. GP only uses 1/3 of the screen now, so there is pleanty of room. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

Office 2007
Hi all gurus, I have information typed into word 2007, what i want to do now is insert all that information into a table with 3 columns and 10 rows. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks. "Neil Holden" <NeilHolden@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0B36A19-E6DE-4F2B-88B8-2A201C06B0F6@microsoft.com... > Hi all gurus, > > I have information typed into word 2007, what i want to do now is insert > all > that information into a table with 3 columns and 10 rows. Is there a > simple > way to do this? > > Thanks....