button text size gets bigger

Hi,

I placed a button on my excel sheet to run a macro.  Problem is, every time
I click on it, the text gets larger.  Eventually, I can't even read what it
says.

Thanks for any help,
Matt

Are you inserting or resizing cell or rows where the button is.  Right click
the button, select Format Control, click Properties, click "Don't Move or
Size with Cells"

Hope this helps!  If so, let me know click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Matt S" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I placed a button on my excel sheet to run a macro.  Problem is, every time
> I click on it, the text gets larger.  Eventually, I can't even read what it
> says.
>
> Thanks for any help,
> Matt
I am not changing any cells near the button.  And the weird thing is, the
text is listed at size 8.  To undo the size change, I have to click on
'auto-size' then resize the button and change the font again.

Matt

"Ryan H" wrote:

> Are you inserting or resizing cell or rows where the button is.  Right click
> the button, select Format Control, click Properties, click "Don't Move or
> Size with Cells"
>
> Hope this helps!  If so, let me know click "YES" below.
> --
> Cheers,
> Ryan
>

> "Matt S" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I placed a button on my excel sheet to run a macro.  Problem is, every time
> > I click on it, the text gets larger.  Eventually, I can't even read what it
> > says.
> >
> > Thanks for any help,
> > Matt

excel window size doesn't "restore"
I can minimize and maximize my excel 97 window, but the icon that has the double squares (restore) just minimizes instead of still retaining it on the desktop view. I'm thinking a file that retains the window screen coordinates of my excel window have been deleted - just guessing though. My other apps like Word and IE work fine, so it must be specifically an excel associated file. thanks, Dave mtbr001@hotmail.com Dave When you minimise it by clicking the double squares try hovering the mouse pointer over the border of the minimised bar. Do you get re-sizing arrows you can use ...

How do I convert a column of cells with text emails to hyperlink to email ...
I have a column with text emails in it of the text form "person@website.com" I wish to convert the entire row to hyperlinks to email ... If I click on "HYPERLINK" and then select email it gives this hyperlink the text name of person@website.com and asks me to type in the email ... argh... -- Gerry I don't know if there's a quicker way, but one way is to double-click on each cell with the text in, then press enter, or click the green tick. Ian "G Vandevalk" <vdvalk@rogers.com> wrote in message news:5c6dnZdFavaCjnXcRVn-iA@rogers.com... >I h...

i cant get the exact answer e.g answer is 13.49% i got 13.00%
My answer doesn't show my decimal point answer e.g the exact answer is 13.49%, i got 13.00% why my anwer has been round up .... What formula? What input values? What format? -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "zai" <zai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A26FE523-1F5E-4ADC-B095-7F25CA805AF3@microsoft.com... > My answer doesn't show my decimal point answer e.g the exact answer is > 13.49%, i got 13.00% why my anwer has been round up .... Hi Zai, You should check the cell formatting (right click on the cell and select For...

Do not Email Button
Folks, can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do not email, using the radio button on their record, does not get emailed? thanks Pat No this does not work consistently throughout the system. I believe it has been logged as a bug but no resolution has been provided as far as I am aware. "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD32EE5B-4BCD-419F-BA5E-FBE7A31843E1@microsoft.com... > Folks, > > can anyone tell me if there is a way to insure that a contact marked as do > not email, using the radio button...

Getting data from Access in Excel
I am asking this question on behalf of my brother who is in PNG. He asks (working in Excel/Access 2000): Have managed to persuade Excel to play ball and produce the sort of output I want, now all I need to know is how to get Access to talk to Excel or vice versa so I can wrap the whole thing up in one user-friendly interface. Ideally Excel would tell Access to open the database, export the query to a spreadsheet, and then I can take it from there. As usual, the help is helpless (though there is a topic there). Any help appreciated. Thank you Peter V Hi Peter go to 'Data - External dat...

Option Buttons/Radio Buttons
Hi I run Excel 2000 I have 2 option buttons in each row (total of 20 rows) I would like the only one of the 2 buttons in each row are on or off. The problem I am having is that it dosent matter which button on which row I select, only that button is active. All the other buttons go blank. I have tried changing the source for each pair of buttons but when I do all the other button sources change as well. How do i set up the buttons so that I can select one of the 2 in every row.? Example 20 buttons in total - 10 buttons active and 10 buttons inactive Thanks John You have to grou...

Text To Speech
Is there any way to save a "Text To Speech" data into a wave file ?? Jibesh. V.P I did this once using CoolEdit (now known as Adobe Audition). It was extremely tricky, but I found out how to do in with a google search. This was about four years ago, and the best I can do is suggest a google search for "capture wave output" which is either what I used or close to it. joe On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 23:40:45 +0530, "jibesh" <jibesh.vp@m2comsys.com> wrote: >Is there any way to save a "Text To Speech" data into a wave file...

Settings Button , Customize Button and Service Calendar
Here are the links you can put inside the outlook client to access this menu's inside outlook without having to use the web client to make the changes in your organization Just creat a new folder in the CRM structure ( or not ) , in the properties windows ( homepage ) Insert the following info. Settings http://crm:port/tools/home_tools.aspx?pid=0 System Customization http://crm:port/tools/systemcustomization/systemcustomization.aspx?pid=0 Service Calendar http://crm:port/sm/home_apptbook.aspx You have to creat a folder for each link . Im using this , i dont know if microsoft recommen...

web service fails when text field on invoice are having apostrophe
We have a procedure 'Invoice Close' (xfer to GP) .This procedure fails for invoices that include an apostrophe in the Sales Order Description. Need help how to handle this. In your code, you'll need to wrap the apostrophe. This error is caused by web services or sql stored procedures that can not handle the apostrophe character and treat it as a text qualifier. For more information, consult MSDN. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "jagdish mundada" wrote: > We have a procedu...

Moving a Button in a Dialog
I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN) pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ) Rect.left += 1 Rect.right += 1 pBtnOK->MoveWindow( &Rect, TRUE) Thanks in advance. Rahvin wrote: > I want to move a button in a dialog window but cannot, below are the steps that I am taking when the user makes the BN_CLICKED command: > > CButton *pBtnOK = (CButton *)GetDlgItem(IDC_BTN); > pBtnOK->GetWindowRect( &Rect ); > Rect.left +...

Missing Send Button #3
My kids messed up something in Outlook. I have XP Hmoe and office 2000. My outlook works fine (under my user) but my wife's is now missing the send button in the toolbar. Thus seh cannot send emails. I cannot check the response toolbar under customize. Do I need to uninstall then reinstall or is there a way to fix it without having to do that? Thanks for any help anyone can offer. Is her mail account installed and working? Does reinstalling the account clear up the situation? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Event ID: 9667 getting this after applying Service Pack 2
Environment is Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 enterprise server with SP1. I cannot find any information on this error no where. Source: MSExchangeIS event ID: 9667 description: Failed to create a new named property for database "Storage Group" because the number of named properties reached the quota limit (8192). User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM" Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046 Named property name/id: "X-Bronchi" ...

Radio Button
I have a form someone created in Excel and somehow three buttons are linked together so that if I click on one, it selects the one I click on and clears one selected before. Is there a way to have it clear the button that was selected if I click on the same button again. As it is, I cannot clear all the buttons once a button is selected. Hi This is what radiobuttons (option buttons) are for. Either Male or Female, no None or Both or Not sure yet or Refuse to answer. For independent choices (Vegetarian, Blonde, Plays guitar, ... ) use checkboxes. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Debb...

Buttons Issue with Access 2007 on Vista
Hi there! I have a client who has a simple access DB. If he runs it onXP/Access 2007 no issue, but if he runs it on vista/access2007, he can't click any of the buttons on any of theforms! Could someone shed some light please?...

About maximum store size.
Is there any limit on the maximum size that my mailbox store can go to. I heard if its 2003 standard edition, there is a limit of 16 GB or something. And on 2003 enterprise edition its a LOT more. details will be appreciated. thanx Yes Exchange 2003 standard edition 16 GB (2 stores) Exchange 2003 enterprise edition 16 TB (20 stores) Nebojsa Seslija "Questioner" <Questioner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96FF52B4-FADD-4787-941A-41A685730A97@microsoft.com... > Is there any limit on the maximum size that my mailbox store can go to. I > heard if it...

Import Text File
Hi, I need to import a FixedLength text file every month and every month I have to go through the process of setting up which columns I want to import and so on. In Access you can save the import spec for use later on i.e. I only have to import the file once and then on subsequent imports I use the same spec. Is this possible with Excel, if yes could someone give me step by step instructions or direct me to a place that can tell me Thanks Hi have a look at the following macro: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Newbie wrote: > Hi, &...

Outlook Custom Button
Hi All, Is there a way to add a custom button to Outlook 2003 SP-2 standard tool bar and have it replicate to all the users in the domain? Thanks CG You'd need to add it using a script or vba and push it out via a logon script. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

How do I get the date to display a Julian date? (yyddd)
I am trying to get the date to show up as a Julian date, yyddd. In my form and report I need to have both regular ddmmyyyy and yyddd fields. they are the same day so if there is an expression that I can use to convert the first date into the julian that would work as well. Thanks next time try a simple search for it on this site... this was given by Karl Dewey Format(Date(), "yy") & Format(DatePart("y", Date()), "000") "Jacobs33Ladder" wrote: > I am trying to get the date to show up as a Julian date, yyddd. In my form &...

How do I set an 'M' prefix to existing text in a column?
Hi I have a column of part numbers which are of varying length and start with varying letters. I would like to add 'M' to the beginning of every cell so for example A2115401717 would become MA2115401717. I'm fairly new to excel so I'm not sure if this is even possible. I would appreciate any help. Assuming your column A, type in B ="M"&A2 and copy down. Regards Cimjet "muppetlover27" <muppetlover27@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AC9F6EA-BE8E-4A58-AE1B-F91F0824AB5C@microsoft.com... > Hi > I have a column of part numbe...

Superscript Button and Subscript Button
I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? "=?Utf-8?B?U2xvdGg=?=" <Sloth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:3D6FC2A9-56DD-49DD-B2A3-0DC028A12184@microsoft.com: > I am trying to customize my toolbars, and I can't seem to find the > superscript or subscript command. Is there a way to make the > superscript and subscript commands into a button in Excel? > Record a macro for each and tie them to buttons. ...

Problem with VBA code on command button
I have a form that has a combo box to select a month. The name of the combo box is txtmontha (I realise it would have been better to name it cmb???) The is a command button that when clicked should open a form where the date selected from the combo box is the same value as the date on the form. Here is the code behind the command button: Private Sub cmdopenrecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdopenrecord_Click Dim strqtr As String strqtr = Me.txtmontha.Value Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.SourceObject = "frmFDA" Forms!frmMain!SubForm1.Form.RecordSou...

Recording a command button name
I have an application where the user is prompted to save when they leave the the data entry form either by previewing a report of the data or by closing the form completely. There are two buttons a user can use to do this cmdPreview or cmdClose. I use a module to promt the user for svae. What I would like to do is differentiate to the module which button was clicked. Is there a way to do this? thanks You could take a look at Screen.ActiveControl.Name -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "E" <...

ActiveX Option Buttons
:confused: Hello, I need to know how to tell an option button what value to return. I have a group of 4 option buttons and I have linked them all to th same cell. That's when they stop working, because they all want to say 'true' o 'false' - how do I get them to return a value instead (i.e. 1-4) so can do a calculation on the value in the linked cell? Please help -- veci ----------------------------------------------------------------------- vecia's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=211 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Printing 4-up postcards getting 4 copies of same address instead .
Printing 4-up postcards getting 4 copies of same address instead ...of 4 different addresses per page. Restoring defaults, changing number of copies, making sure it's landscaped have delivered good results in past, but doesn't affect this merged mail file printing. I don't need 4 copies of an address, just 4 different 1/4 page postcard addresses. Are you printing the cards or are you going by what you see in the print preview? Print preview will show all the cards being the same, however when you print the merge works. Do a test page on a plain piece of paper if you are uns...

dates and text
How do I put dates from one cell and text from another into a single cell as 10sep03_GIT If the cell with the date is formatted as a date (and not text) you can use... A1: 9/10/2003 (formatted as a date) A2: _GIT (formatted as text) A3: =TEXT(A1,"ddmmmyy")&A2 (formatted as text) If the cell with the date is formatted as text you can use A1: 10sep03 (Formatted as text) A2: _GIT (Formatted as text) =A1&A2 (formatted as text) The reason I am clarifying it like this is I have never seen the date formatted like that. "karene" wrote: > How do I put dates...