Macro to update a column in a work based on another work sheet

My excel knowledge is enough to be dangerous.

I have two work sheets. Both have multiple columns and two of the
columns are then same on both work sheets.
Currently, I do all the updating by hand for these columns: case # and
status.

I really need a macro or a way to update the two columns on work sheet
2 based on what is in work sheet 1.

It woudl compare a case #s and then update the status column on work
sheet 2 to match the status in work sheet 1.

I see alot with vlookup, never used it.

Regards,
Jeb
0
WickerMan

Hi,
I assume your case # in sheet1 is in column A, your status in sheet 1 in
column B, then in sheet 2 you have your case # in column c so in column D
enter

=INDEX($B$1:$B$1000,MATCH(C1,$A$1:$A$1000))

change range to fit your needs

"WickerMan" wrote:

> My excel knowledge is enough to be dangerous.
>
> I have two work sheets. Both have multiple columns and two of the
> columns are then same on both work sheets.
> Currently, I do all the updating by hand for these columns: case # and
> status.
>
> I really need a macro or a way to update the two columns on work sheet
> 2 based on what is in work sheet 1.
>
> It woudl compare a case #s and then update the status column on work
> sheet 2 to match the status in work sheet 1.
>
> I see alot with vlookup, never used it.
>
> Regards,
> Jeb
> .

Values in multiple columns into one column
Hi everyone, I have a spreadsheet with values in multiple columns where for instance col A is blank colb or c or d won't be...there will be something in one where the others are empty. I need to create a column with all the values together. Tried using the following formula but it doesn't seem to work... the values are all dates.. =IF(O2=" ",N2,IF(N2=" ",K2,IF(K2=" ",J2,O2))) Can anybody help!! Cheers Dan Hi try =IF(O2="",N2,IF(N2="",K2,IF(K2="",J2,O2))) >-----Original Message----- >Hi everyone, > >I hav...

IMFv2 Microsoft Update caught in "needs update" loop after January 5, 2005 Update (Exchange 2003 SP2)
We applied Exchange 2003 SP2 last year without incident, and we enabled and configured IMFv2 to pull updates down from Microsoft Update with no problems. The December 15, 2005 IMF Update (6.5.7757.0) was identified and installed correctly last year. Last night as part of the regular monthly updates, a new update to IMF was identified, January 5, 2006 IMF Update (6.5.7765.0), we applied it along with the other Critical Updates and rebooted the server. When the server came back up shortly after, Automatic Updates identified the old December Update to IMF as needing to be installed even th...

Macro warning with no macros

Update
Thanks in advance... How do I get this to auto update after the Tickbox has been changed without clicking in Name_on_trophy Private Sub Name_on_trophy_Click() If Tickbox = False Then Name_on_trophy.Enabled = True Name_on_trophy.Locked = False Else Name_on_trophy = Player Name_on_trophy.Locked = True End If End Sub ...

saving the history of recently used excel documentsto another comp
Reimaging a computer and wanting to know if I can export the excel history to the new image. Most files are on the network and not sure where they are, don't want to remap them all If you're referring to the files listed at the bottom of the File menu you'd have to run the Regedit program and go to this key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Recent Files replacing the "11.0" with your Excel version if different. Then you would have to right click on the Recent Files folder and Export it. After the reimage you would double-click the resultin...

Yet another timers-and-threads question
I've got a requirement to be able to set a timer and be told when it expires, eg by a callback. SetTimer with WM_TIMER is not generally useful, as you have to have a window, and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have windows. SetTimer with callback function is not generally useful, as it's not sufficient that there's a message pump somewhere in the *application*, there has to be a message pump in the *thread* that calls SetTimer (well documented, that, not), and some of the threads in which I want to do this don't have message pumps. CreateWaitableTime...

Macro

Macro

Verifying Update
I have a dbase file (ODBC) with 1 record which I use for counters. I have noticed that there is a delay in the update actually going through after the Update command has been issued from a fraction of a second to 2 or 3 seconds. How can I verify that the update has actually gone through? If I could do this I could make the program wait before continuing. Or how can I speed up the update? Thanks. Hi, If your purspose is only to keep a counter, then its always better to use registry. cheers Jagadeesh "Charles C." <binstar@aei.ca> wrote in message news:#KnyaSl6DHA.1816@...

Terminal Server based Outlook 2007 printing hieroglyphics
We are running terminal services(Server 2008 R2) with Outlook 2007 installed (SP2). No other Office components are installed. When printing emails, (all other printing is fine), the text becomes compressed and looks like hieroglyphics. 1. I have tried removing all printer drivers and re-installing the drivers with no luck. 2. I have also applied the lastest patches and Service packs to the server and Outlook. 3. I have tried using different types of drivers with each printer ie. PS, MS, PCL5e, PCL6 etc with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as users are getting very fr...

Run macro automatically.

Help with macro/and or formula?

Changing Rows to Columns
Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? Do to a sorting problem in the charts I create, it seems I have to sort the data in the spreadsheet first. Any help would be appreciated. Hi, Sure is a way. select & copy your data. then select the cell where you want to re-paste; right-click and select paste special; in the dialog box check "transpose". Ok. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to easily rotate a spreadsheet or part of a >spreadshet, to change the data in rows to columns? D...

Attached Toolbars Macros

Moving rows to columns #2
Hello group, I have an Excel sheet from which I need to automaticaly generate a new worktab (is that the correct translation to English?) which does some format editing. In the current sheet I have the data lay-out as follow: X A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 X B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 etc. Y C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 Y D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 etc. I need to move that to: X A1 A2 A3 A4 A5 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 etc. Y C1 C2 C3 C4 C5 D1 D2 D3 D4 D5 etc. Is there any way to do this? I need to keep the old format for human editing, the sheet with the new format should be generated automaticaly (perhaps using a macro?)? Please help! Thank y...

Help with an update
Somebody can tell me why i cant installe update Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) I tried to installe update many times but dont work . What i can do...can help me? Thank you. Copied announcement from MowGreen To: *All Windows Users* who encounter installation issues when installing Security updates for .NET Frameworks Every time there's a Security update for .NET Frameworks there is an inordinate amount of posts dealing...

simple rdf to html doesn't work
I have the following feed which I want to convert to html: http://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise.rdf but it does not work, I only see the html elements empty as if it found no elements in the xml file, whereas the feed http://www.golem.de/rss.php?feed=RSS1.0 works perfectly although I annot see any difference in the file structure. This is my xsl file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#" xmlns:r...

Check that corrective update from the MS Corp.
--saljbnwyqhdb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bxmtmdlub"; type="multipart/alternative" --bxmtmdlub Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="gznbhdcpjj" --gznbhdcpjj Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect your compute...

Protected sheets and running macros

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...

CRM on Office 2003
Hi everyone, Currently MS CRM is not supported on Outlook 2003. After installing the software and starting Outlook you get an error "Microsoft CRM folders cannot be installed". I found that every time I close and open Outlook (after saying no to not disable the add-in), 1 more folder is added to the Microsoft CRM Folders. I did this about 13 times and it added all the folders required. After that I could see the toolbar and it looks like everything is working fine. Regards Shane Coetser lol thats persistence "Shane Coetser" <shanec@oakwell.co.za> wrote in m...

shortcut keys to macros