how to unrestrict access to a cell

i have preset option to put on a cell .. and i need to put more options to
choose from .... its tell inme that is invalid .. how can i bypass that or
edit the options on that cell???

Data>Validation is where you find restrictions on cell entries.

Change the options and/or change the Error Alert to "Warning" and add a
message which allows any entry if user clicks OK to "continue".

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:41:01 -0700, rayado
<rayado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have preset option to put on a cell .. and i need to put more options to
>choose from .... its tell inme that is invalid .. how can i bypass that or
>edit the options on that cell???

0
Gord

access to http://servername/help/default.aspx is denied: HTTP Error 401.2
On the productive CRM installation the help button on top right of each form, does not show the requested help, but an error message, that access is denied. http://servername/help/default.aspx HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied CRM Server is installed on 64-bit Windows server 2008 R2. For the rest there are no access denied errors on the crm itself. On our development installation on a 32-bit windows server 2003 there is no such problem. Who can give me a hint? Patrik Vogel Is the "Help" Virtual Directory under the CRM website using CRMAppPool? how about...

Linking Cells Between Sheets
This very straight forward function no longer works for me. When I enter "=" the cell reference cell changes to "ACOSH" as opposed to "VLOOKUP" on other computers. This will not eference cells on other worksheets within the same spreadsheet and even worse, changes seamingly random cell values in existing spreadsheets, often creating circular references. Nobody seems able to help and a the moment I am considering re-installing office! ACOSH is one of the Trigonometric Functions Simply typing an "=" sign in a cell should not invoke VLOOKUP or any ...

Convert Cell Text to Matching Hyperlink?????
We have an Excel spreadsheet that contains information to scanned images being populated into our engineering database. In the spreadsheet there is information as to the creation time and date, size, title and other related information. One of the columns is the name and location of the actual TIFF image file. This field is just text. What we would like to do is convert the cell from just text stating the location and filename to a hyperlink pointing to the specific file. For example, the cell contents state : G: \folder2007\subfolder0320\00001234.tif We would like to still have the tex...

Large amount of cell text
Hi, We have a case where we have received records from a Hotmail subpoena. Microsoft has put the records in an Excel spreadsheet with all emails for a six month period being contained in a single column and tens of thousands of rows. The problem I am having is that some of the cells that contain the text from the email messages are very long, and makes reading of the cells difficult. An attempt to save to or publish to a different format for easier reading causes truncation of the text in those particular cells. Word Wrap, Autofit, nor simply double-clicking on the cell margin d...

Access application on clients without Access
Hi. I have an application made in Access 2003. Now one of my clients are migrating from Office 2003 to Office 2007, and they can not afford to buy Office versions with Access included to all the users. I know it's possible to publish "thin" Access application files, but I'm not sure how I do it. From Access 2003, I need to publish "thin" Access application files that will work on clients running Office 2007. Ant hints or links to resources appreciated. Kind regards Mr. Smith Try this one from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx...

Copying color formatting from cell to cell
On sheet A, I show work assignments by date and location. Dates are listed on the left column and jobs are listed along the top. I can assign Joe to "Job 101" on June 10, 2005 by putting his name under "Job 101" for June 10. If it is an all-day job, I put an * in front of Joe's name and it colors the cell yellow (using a conditional formatting rule). On sheet B, the dates are listed in the left hand column and then the employees are listed in columns next to the dates. I have used a look up formula to show "Job 101" under Joe's name for June 10, 2005. I ...

Error on TransferText when converting Access 97 to Access Xp
The instruction TransferText is use to create a file from a table. This program works very well (many years) on access 97. Afer the convertion to access xp I have the error : "Cannot update .." I went to Newsgroups and see that for security reason MS oblige me to change my file extension .doc to a file extension .txt. So now, I use a text file and I have always on the TransferText instruction the error : "The insert into statement contains ...unknow field name" What can I do to resolve this convertion problem ? Thank you for advance for your answers. ...

Cell Colour
Hi there, I work at an engineering firm and a question has been posed. I was wondering if the NUMBER siting in a cell can influence the COLOU of the cell. I ask this because there is a spreadsheet of various readings, an certain readings (i.e. too low) means 'danger', so id like that cell t turn out RED. However if the value is 'safe' id like the cell colour t be GREEN. Your help would be much appreciated. Cheers -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use Conditional formatting. Select the cell. Select Conditional formatting from Format menu. Select '...

How to evoke a macro from a cell condition?
I would like to run a macro automatically bqased upon a change in a particular cell's condition. As an example: Cell A1 contains the following formula: =if(b2>b4,"Sell",0) If A1 = "Sell", I would like to automatically run a macro. Is this possible? If not, can I automatically run a macro from a formula? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Paul You cannot run a macro from a function, but you can run code on a change in a cell, but you would need to test B2 and B4 here, A1 will not trigger a change Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal target As Range) Dim i...

access/excel multiple instances
I have an access table containing a column of excel objects. In the simpliest case of this problem, if I doubled click one entry for excel, an instance of Excel opens with the correct worksheet open. If I double-click a second entry, a second instance of excel opens but instead of containing the second worksheet, both instances contain both worksheets rather than each instance containing a single worksheet. Further, if one of the instances is closed(by clicking the x on the caption bar) both instances and both worksheets are closed. I have tried messing with Window in toolbar and i...

Use cell value as cell address
Hello everyone. I have a worksheet "Main" of 39,000 rows in which column B contains a number between 1 and 7,500. Column C is an empty column I have added. The second sheet, "Names" in the book contains a single column - A - of 7,500 names. I want to get the value from the second sheet that matches the number column of the first sheet. In other words, if "Main" cell B3 contains 3780, I want to put the value from "Names" cell A3780 into "Main" C3. How do I do this please? Richard --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi tr...

Dialup VPN users unable to access Ex2003! Help!!!
We just finished our upgrade to Exchange Server 2003 but are running into a major problem. All of our dial up VPN users cannot connect to the Exchange Server, they keep getting a "server is unavailable" message. Our broadband users, who connect to the same VPN box, are having no problems. No VPN firewalls are in effect as far as we can tell. This is very odd and I cannot find any online resourses that are helping so far. We are in desparate need of advice right now. Please help!!! Chris Lukowski <ChrisLukowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We just finished our u...

Macro or Formula needed to search data in cells
Hi I am looking for a way to create a formula/macro to do the following: My worksheet setup: A1:A30000 C1:C5000 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 01 04 05 06 08 09 12 22 23 27 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 01 03 05 06 07 08 09 14 22 32 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 etc Each cell contains a 10 number sequence. The range A1:A30000 is my randomly generated sequence. And C1:5000 is my database of archived sequences. If I wish to check if the combination in cell A1 is anywhere in the range C1:5000. I use the formula. =IF(COU...

Function = get selected cell data
Hi all - I’m looking for a way to have data copy/load from one cell to another via selected cells. For example, I select cell a1; the data within in cell a1 is then copied/loaded into cell b1. So, I’m looking to add a formula to cell b1 that retrieves data from whichever cell is selected within the spreadsheet. Is this possible? Thanks Hi not possible with formulas. This would require vBA "Mike G - D.C." wrote: > Hi all - > I’m looking for a way to have data copy/load from one cell to another via > selected cells. For example, I select cell a1; the data within in ce...

Unrestrict Style Templates
Word 2007's Style Changes was restricted thru Style Manager. I want to unrestrict, but can't find the Manage Style button to unrestrict the styles. How do I do this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:22:01 -0800, bretsharon <bretsharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Word 2007's Style Changes was restricted thru Style Manager. I want to >unrestrict, but can't find the Manage Style button to unrestrict the styles. >How do I do this? Either click the little launcher button in the bottom right corner of the Styles group on the Home ribbon, or press Ctr...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Does the Access Link add-in work in Excel 2007
I'm looking to use Access to create some data entry forms for Excel. Does the Access Link add-in provided with 2002 work with 2007? Thanks ...

Outlook Web Access #41
I am unable to view anything when opening Outlook Web Access. The page is set up as it should be, but i receive the message that there are no items to show in this view. Try posting this in an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin is probably a good one. Outlook Web Access is actually a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

Routing and Remote Access service Server 2003
I am using a server 2003 as a router. (Not ISA) Is it possible to assign a second ip address to the internet facing adapter and map that ip to an internal ip ? No, I don't believe it is possible. I used second and other IP addresses exclusively for web sites hosted on the IIS and nothing else. "Dave Mc" <DaveMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7CD089-E878-4F92-81A0-C6051F7B4791@microsoft.com... > I am using a server 2003 as a router. (Not ISA) Is it possible to assign > a > second ip address to the internet facing adapter and...

Formatting part of text in a Cell & shortcut copying Row hieghts
1.Is there a macro or otherwise to format i.e Bold,underline etc a part of text in a cell? 2. Is there a shortcut way of applying hieght of a specific row to other selected rows. -- Many Thanks Gunjani After a hard fought 1-1 draw, "The best side drew." - Bill Shankly (Legendary Liverpool Manager) Hi one way for your first question: simly select the specific text part in the formula bar and apply your format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Gunjani wrote: > 1.Is there a macro or otherwise to format i.e Bold,underline etc a > part of t...

Replace a spreadsheets named cells/ranges with exact cell address.
I have a named range (A1:A6) which is called MyRange. Lets say each cell is populated with a number A1 = 1, A2 = 2. A3 = 3 etc. In the row (B1:B6) beneath it, I have entered =MyRange in each cell. As such the values in B1:B6 mirror those in A1:A6. That is, even though I use MyRange in each cell in Row B, Excel knows which cell to pull from in rowA to correctly populate the cells in Row B. Now If I use the Macro below to delete the named ranges I get the following range in each of the RowB cells =A1:A6. Once again Excel knows which cell to pull from in Row A to populate cells in Row...

Conditional formating using named cell
Hi. In a pivottable in Excel 07 I have the monthly results for a department. I use conditional formating to indicate if the spend value for year to date exceeds the total-year-plan with more than a certain pct. This pct will change over the year, depending on the month shown. Till now I have typed the value in the conditional formating: =3D($J9*4/12)<$G9 [J is total-year-plan and G is the spend value for year to date.] I would like to make the formula dynamic, and have it to refer to a cell called ValueForRed. I have tried to tye =3D($J9*ValueForRed)<$G9 but it does not work. Any s...

Inserting files and formatting cell size
Is there a way to insert a Microsoft Publisher file into another Publisher file, like you can do with Word files? I have two seperate Publisher files that I would like to make into one document. Would Merge work? If so, how? Also, is there a way to change the size of one cell of one row without changing the size of the cells in the other rows? For instance, I would like the first cell of the first row to be 2 inches and the second cell to be 4 inches. However, I'd like the first cell of the second row to be one inch and the second cell of the second row to be 5 inches. When I try to...

Copy cell formula help
I've created a spreadsheet with a dozen colums and about 150 rows. in the 1st row cells I have a conditional formula which states Sumif "cell Range", "Salesman Name", "Copycell Range". I'm trying to copy and paste the whole column in the hopes I retain the same cell ranges and formula, but evertime I paste from column A to Column B the whole range shifts the column range. My question is this; Is there a way to keep the conditions in the formula from changing? Please help. The way to do this is add "$" to the formula. The $ acts as an &qu...

Using Outlook to access and compile information in calendar
I want to create an application that will compile schedule information from Excel worksheets or an Access database and display them in a calendar type format. I know this type of application can be built using PivotTables in Excel, or forms in Access, but I was wondering if I could use the calendar in Outlook to display the information rather than creating PivotTables or custom forms which would wind up looking something like a calendar anyway. Before I start the job I'd like to know if I can work Outlook into the equation or if I really have to build it from scratch. Thanks, JEM ...