How do I remove border lines around cells; I want to clean up the

I am new to excell--I want to clean my spreadsheet up by removing partial and
full dark lines around cells.  How do I do that?

Select all the cells, press Ctrl/Shift/-
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"marils" <marils@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am new to excell--I want to clean my spreadsheet up by removing partial
> and
> full dark lines around cells.  How do I do that?

0
Bob

Remove Duplicates
How can you remove filter records which are the same in 3 to 4 columns only the ones that have in all 3 columns same wording "dk" wrote: > How can you remove filter records which are the same in 3 to 4 columns only > the ones that have in all 3 columns same wording Assume the 3 cols are cols C to E In F2, copied down: =SUMPRODUCT(--MATCH(C2:E2,C2:E2,0))=3 Then apply n autofilter for TRUE in F1, delete these filtered rows -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- please explain more detailed also if we don't want todelete only copy the filte...

CRM v4
I have a marketing list that contains more than one person from a company (for some companies). I want to be able to remove the duplicates based on title. Example: I want to be able to filter the list so if there is a CIO, CFO and CEO I want the CIO and remove the CFO and CEO. If no CIO then keep the CFO and remove the CEO. If no CIO or CFO then keep the CEO. The key is I want the list to have one person per company but not exclude any companies. I am pulling the list from Leads. Does anyone know if this is possible in CRM? Thanks, ~Doug ...

Creating a dynamic URL based on other cells values
Hi all. I would like to create a clickable link in Excel. I want this link to include the values in other cells as parameters. So, for example: Cell A1: 123 Cell A2: abc Cell B2: ="http://server.com/page?a1="&A1&"&a2="&A2 So, this clearly would display: "http://server.com/page?a1=123&a2=abc" but the link is not clickable. I'm looking for an easy way to make the data in this document upload to a web server -- maybe there's something I can do here that would work, or maybe another trick? The reason I'm trying to avoid VBA is ...

Trend Lines #2
We are conducting some research on welding and have some X-Y data plotted where the Y axis corresponds to # of Inclusions, and the X axis is thickness. I have done a Scatter Plot, and wish to add a Trend Line. The question is: what is the difference between a Linear and Logarithmic Trend Line. Thanks Paul If you type the word TREND into Excel help, one of the topics is: Equations for calculating trendlines Also at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP052078071033.aspx?pid=CH101178621033and also see http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010877851033.aspx--David Biddulph"PA&qu...

Remove commas at end of line only
Hi, I have a column which contains part of an address eg. "Honeyhouse, High Street," Is it possible to remove the comma at the end of the line but not the other comma? Mark how about sub removeendcomma() for each c in selection c.value=left(c,len(c)-1) next end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mark" <emailreynolds@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e4ab55e3.0311130905.2aa78167@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I have a column which contains part of an address eg. > "Honeyhouse, High Street," > > Is it possible to r...

How do I copying data from a cell on sheet to a diff cell/sheet
It data entry of scores on worksheet one that has to be automatically copied to worksheet 2. Once I entry the data on wksht 1 want it placed on wksht 2. I run tournaments, need all of the date on worksheet 1 but only some on worksheet 2 so I can sort it. When I set up my wksht 2 us the formula =wksht1!C4 on the first line. the on the second line input =wksht1!C11 then highlight the two and drag it down. It will copied what i inputed but won't calculte and change the cell referrence by 7 how do I get it to do that without having to manually change the number? To get ...

Can not see all of a pasted paragraph from Word in a cell.
I am making a log book. I paste paragraphs from word into a single cell that has been formated to be justified and top centered vertically. The cell has also been formated with text wrap. I can read some of the paragraph and the bottom half is hidden from me. I have changed the row height and cell height. The only way to read the last part of the cell is to click on it. It will not print the whole paragrahp either. Help Hi A cell can only display 1024 characters. You may extend this with manually entering line breaks with aLT+ENTER. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ka...

Removing Hyperlinks
I am sure I have seen this question before on this newsgroup but can not seem to find the thread. Is it possible to remove hyperlinks in bulk from a worksheet or must they be done one at a time? -- John Delete extra @ to reply John, You can copy a blank cell and then Paste Special | Add to your selected cells. However, this does add a zero to formulas... = A1 + B1 becomes... = A1 + B1 + 0 Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "john.bedford3" <john.bedford3@@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:pb2%d.2448$m63.2158@newsfe5-gui.ntli.net... > I am sure I have seen this ...

Dotted line to remove
I have just been editing a multi-page word document and something I did has made a dotted line appear. It goes across the page from margin to margin. Whatever I do to try to remove it doesn't seem to work. The line was not in the original so some I assume some key or setting I have touched has done it. The Word I am using is MS Office Word 2007 - something I find is a lot more fiddly than the older version I have used for years. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CantGetRidOfLine.htm -- <>>< ><&l...

Remove existing property sets doesn't remove
I have created a new custom property sets in Visio 2003 Professional and it will not allow me the remove the existing property set and replace it with my new set. ...

remove column in all email views
I put some add in to my Outlook 2003 about 8 months ago that was supposed to help me keep track of my emails. I did not like it and uninstalled it. However, any time I create a new mail folder now outlook automatically makes a thread and categories column. How can I get it to stop this behavior? I would also like a way to remove all the categories and thread columns in all my folders so I don't have to go into each folder and do it by hand. I am a programmer so doing it programmatically is not an issue. ...

Removing "Maximize" from system menu.
I have a dialog based application. I want to completely remove the Maximize and the Size entries from the system menu. They are grayed now, but I want them totally removed. I just want a cleaner look since these will never be used. How do I do this? You could try making the main dialog have a Tool Window style set. It will be smaller, but it looks nice. Tom "Paco" <paco_beams@gmail.com> wrote in message news:mwjai.25898$JZ3.17718@newssvr13.news.prodigy.net... >I have a dialog based application. I want to completely remove the Maximize >and the Size entries f...

Borders with Pivot Tables
Is there anyway I can prevent pivot tables entering borders around cells? Any help most appreciated Set the pivot table to preserve formatting: On the pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Table Options Add a check mark to 'Preserve formatting', click OK Remove the check mark from AutoFormat Table Click OK You may have to enable selection (From the Pivot toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select, and click on Enable Selection) On the PivotTable toolbar, choose PivotTable>Select>Entire table On the Formatting toolbar, click the arrow at the right of the bor...

Can the contents of a cell be made to blink or flash?
Is there a way to make the contects of a cell blink on and off? Would like to use to get attention in a speadsheet. Thanks for any help. Yes. However you should know that this may violate Section 508 of the U.S. Rehabilitation Act (29 U.S.C. 794d), as blinking at certain frequencies can cause epileptic seizures in vulnerable users. They are also, after the second blink, just damned annoying. See the archives: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=*excel* In article <3318C908-809A-45ED-B9F6-66D64844FC7F@microsoft.com>, Wayne Lee <WayneLee@discussions.mic...

ADC removal problem
I want to go to native mode now that our Exchange 5.5 server is shut down but I cannot because I get an error saying all connection agreements need to be removed. I was able to remove 2/3 connection agreements, but now i can't remove the 3rd. Config CA_SITE_SERVER The 5.5 server has already been removed from the 2003 system manager Help please.. Check out the following article, specifically step 12: 272314 XADM: Preparing a Mixed Mode Organization for Conversion to Native Mode http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272314 You need to remove the SRS, which will automatically take care o...

Macro help
I'm trying to do something simple, but it's not working, any help woul be appreciated. I want a macro which will enter a formula into each cell of a tabl column, for the range from the top of the column thru to the bottom o the existing table. I have tried recording a macro to do this. Th macro enters the formula into the first cell, then copies it and paste to the rest of the column. In order to address the potential that table may have only one entry, I jump to the bottom of the spreadsheet then back up to the bottom of the data, then select the range from ther through the top ...

Removing/changing online Payees
I would like to change/delete/combine some of my online payees. I know that you cannot combine online payees. Is it possible to change an account so that it is no longer an online account, then combine or change all the online payees that I'm interested in, and then finally make the accounts online accounts again? Thanks! ...

Will restoring CRM 3.0 databases to remove bad data cause offline client issues?
We recently did an import into our CRM 3.0 install, and would like to restore our CRM Db's to remove that data. If we have Outlook clients that are currently online, but have gone offline and back online agains since the bad data was imported, what will the effect on them be? Will the data that is removed from restoring the databases still be on the laptops? Or will the next time they go offline will it be removed? Thanks! John Fink ...

Removing a keystroke
Is there a way to remove all spaces within a column of cells? Extra spaces are screwing up my subtotals. Thanks! Select the cells to want to fix and then use Find/Replace -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "HeatherJ" wrote: > Is there a way to remove all spaces within a column of cells? Extra spaces > are screwing up my subtotals. Thanks! Select the column Edit|replace what: (space character) with: (leave blank--not even a space character) replace all But.... Did you get this data from a web site? If yes, then you could be seeing those...

Removing older versions of MS Money
I notice that I have MSMoney 2000 and 2003 in my Add/Remove Programs. I am getting ready to upgrade to 2007 because Money says it won't update my investments any longer. Can I safely remove the MS Money 2000 (I assume it is there because I must have decided to install 2003 in a separate location and then import my money file, rather than simply update MS Money 2000) ? I don't want to do anything to mess up my money file. Also - anything I should be mindful of when upgrading MSMoney 2003 to the 2007 version? Surprises I might not like,etc? Thanks, Mark You shouldn't have a pro...

PA Remove cost trx should only remove recognized costs
Utility to remove cost transactions in Project Accounting should only remove those costs that have already been recognized on the project. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/de...

Removing Exchange 5.5 #2
I'm doing a migration exercise in a test lab without internet connection. Here's what I have (1 site, 1 domain): - Win2003 ADC (as a result of in place upgrade from NT4) - WinNT4 BDC with Exch5.5 SP4 - Win2003 member server with Exch 2003, ADC (connection agreements for mailboxes, public folder and configuration already defined and seems to work fine) Exch2003 was installed in Exch5.5 site (I tell it to join Exch5.5 site). I have just successfully moved all user mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003. We don't use public folders, so I suppose there is no reason to run PFMigrate tool since t...

Add User + dateTime line in case description when is updated
Hi, It should be very helpful to have a trigger for automatically add one line with user and date time the case description was updated. EX: ***** May 1 2005 11:00h- User 1 ***************************** The customer have a problem with is new bicycle ***** May 1 2005 13:00h - User 2 ***************************** New information bla bla bla ***** May 3 2005 13:00h - User 2 ***************************** New information bla bla bla ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click t...

Display Screen With Black Border
Hi: I have a Toshiba L455-S7980 laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. Also installed is Microsoft Office 2007 Full Pro version. When I open certain files i.e. all ,pps files have a black border approx 2 in on each side and do not fully fill the display screen. I can see the full view of the file, but it appears boxed in due to these black borders. This also happens with some .wmv files and YouTube files as well. I have changing various display settings, but have not been successful in removing these black borders. I also have another Toshiba laptop running XP SP...

OE removed accessto "unsafe" attachments
Outlook Express 6 has removed access to unsafe email attachments. I have been receiving this type of attachment regularly for the last ten years. It is not unsafe. How can I disable this horrible feature. I need those attachments. FRred Beever Click tools, options, security, and uncheck the 4th line down... "do not allow....." "Beever" <beevernospam@sierranet.net> wrote in message news:03c401c34b0f$5e77ad80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Express 6 has removed access to unsafe email > attachments. > > I have been receiving this type of attachment ...