How do I remove border lines around cells; I want to clean up the

I am new to excell--I want to clean my spreadsheet up by removing partial and
full dark lines around cells.  How do I do that?

Select all the cells, press Ctrl/Shift/-
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"marils" <marils@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am new to excell--I want to clean my spreadsheet up by removing partial
> and
> full dark lines around cells.  How do I do that?

0
Bob

Remove Excel Icon ??

Removal

Remove lines with +++

How to Remove SRS

Editing in a cell
I am having a problem with a newly created workbook. When I go to a cell that has data in it and try to add more data to the existing string I lose all the previous information. The work sheet that I am working in is protected and I have "edit directly in cell" checked in the options section. It is almost like my double click (as well as F2) are being treated as a single click. Thank you I figured it out. For some reason "Hide" is selected for the unlocked cells. "John English" wrote: > I am having a problem with a newly created workbook. > > Wh...

remove Fax from address book?

read only worksheet wanted.
I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet read only. Is it possible to do this (make a workbook or a worksheet read only) via a macro statement? Hi Susan.......... I just recorded one and it came out like this.......... Sub readonly() ActiveSheet.Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True, Scenarios:=True End Sub Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d83c01c3ef45$3f202900$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I see that it is possible to make an excel spreadsheet > read only. Is it possible to do ...

Removing an item from menu

Borders on text boxes do not show??
I cannot make the text box borders show no matter what I do. When I select a color for the text box borders it will not show in the selection box, nor will it show on the page I am editing. It will however print properly. The same occurs when I place a rectangle or any other shape on the page - no border can be shown. Actually, so shading or fill color is shown either. Any suggestions?? Did you find a solution to this, Dave. I have same problem "Dave" wrote: > I cannot make the text box borders show no matter what I do. When I select a > color for the text box bord...

How to select other random cells
I have a 2 part question. I want to have a 1 question survey randomly filled out by 200 people. Column A lists the 1 questions. Columun b has ABCDE listed in cells B6 to b10. I would like 200 samples in columns c, d, e, etc. How do I set this up so that they randomly Coose B6 to B 10. Second part. On another spreadsheet, I have a similar situation, but the user has 10 answers to select from and I want them to randomly select all that apply. How would I do this? Thanks! ...

Need to remove selected characters

Want Access database to appear as Outlook Address Book 05-04-07
We have an existing database which we work with and maintain daily. It contains email addresses. Is there a simple way for Outlook to use it as an address book while allowing us to continue using the database normally? Outlook has a 128 character GUID (Globally Unique IDentifier) which, if stored in an Access table can be used as a link to connect an Outlook record, you an Access record. Ask how to write it to an Access table in an Outlook newsgroup. I only have code which works with an Exchange Server. Have a look: Private Sub cmdOutlook_Click() Dim olApp As Object Dim ns...

Remove deduction code from payroll stub

code to make a block arrow point from cell A to cell B
Hello, I'm looking for a piece of code to make an existing shape (block arrow) point from one cell to another. I know how to refer to cells and their properties. It's just the shape that I don't know how to handle by vba. Could you give me a hand or a reference? Thanks Is this what you are wanting? Activecell.Value = ChrW(&H25BA) -- Cheers, Ryan "hermac" wrote: > Hello, > I'm looking for a piece of code to make an existing shape (block > arrow) point from one cell to another. I know how to refer to cells > and their propert...

reformat text in a cell
I have 2000+ cells that look like this: UK00001 Geddy Lee 2112 Bytor Ln GLENVIEW, IL 60025-1522 Is there a simple way to add a space after each line? right now when i paste it into a word doc, it shows like this : UK00001 Geddy Lee2112 Bytor LnGLENVIEW, IL 60025-1522 I would like to REFORMAT every cell to look like this with spaces in between to make it readable: UK00001 Geddy Lee 2112 Bytor Ln GLENVIEW, IL 60025-1522 any suggestions? ...

adding rules via command line
Hello, Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import a set of exported rules via command line? -thanks Moody No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "moody" <moody@telepacific.com> wrote in message news:ae7e01c4886f$881e96f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a way to add a rule via command-line or to import > a set of exported rules via command line? > > -thanks > > Moody ...

line chart question
I am making some line charts and am wondering if anyone knows a simple way to have the lines transition from data point to data point in crisp 95-degree angles, rather than direct lines as is the default. Thanks for any suggestions. Mike, I think your requirements need clarification. If it's a line chart, then the items on the x (category) axis will be equally spaced, and the angles at each point will only be 95 (or any) degrees for certain values of the data points. What do you want to adjust to force these angles? -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake....

How to Remove Yahoo toolbar

Removing password protection on a sheet

Adding and removing removable drives

create a thin border around the selected cells
need information on excel 2003 Hi Chandra, on the Menu bar choose FORMAT | CELL | BORD hth regards from Brazil Marcelo "Chandra Lee" escreveu: > need information on excel 2003 ...