How do I delete a "function" from a cell in MS Excel?

When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell
turns to "###".   I just want the number to appear in the cell without any
functions.

Try increaseing the width of the cell.

"Chris" wrote:

> When I type a number into a cell, and move on, the number inside the cell
> turns to "###".   I just want the number to appear in the cell without any
> functions.
-2
Or using a smaller font.

--

Dave Peterson
-2

Help? Functions Won't Calculate
I've inserted a column in a spreadsheet I downloaded and typed in a formula (vlookup). But when I hit enter, the formula doesn't calculate--even though it's typed correctly, including the equals sign at the beginning. In fact, when I copy the formula into other cells in the column, Excel just duplicates the formula as a text string. To make sure I wasn't doing anything wrong, I typed in a simple =SUM(x,y) formula into the column and copied it into other cells in the column. That didn't work either, nor did =2+2. Much obliged for any suggestions. Make sure the ...

use bahttext function in english language
please let me know how do i convert bahttext into english text You can't. See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/strings.htm#numberstowords In article <CEEFD6B0-15EE-429B-8F7D-11DDBD166F43@microsoft.com>, "rabih" <rabih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > please let me know how do i convert bahttext into english text Hi http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/odd/odd20.htm :-)) Arvi Laanemets "rabih" <rabih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEEFD6B0-15EE-429B-8F7D-11DDBD166F43@microsoft.com... > please let me know how do...

Is a Drop Down box the best function to use?
I have a worksheet template that I want use for 70 different countries. I am trying to figure out a way that allows me to choose and then fill out the template for a chosen country without having to create 70 worksheets. ie. I don't want to create a mother of a file. Can I somehow incorporate a drop down box or something similar which allows me to do this? Hi Have a look at Data|Validation. Using this you can create a drop-down box and link the list to a range of cells. Andy. "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7518745-F8C1-4FE3-ACB7-5E7B4...

"last modified" timestamp function in excel 2003
i need to insert a function for a cell that captures the last time the file was *modified* (not last accessed or last saved). i am sure there exists such a thing, but was surprised to not find it in the list of built-in date & time functions. -- thanks so much! veek If you really want to keep up with latest time that the workbook was modified, then you need to work through the Workbook_SheetChange() event handler. With code similar to this (change the sheet name and cell address to point to where ever you want this time stamp to appear) Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh...

cell function will not recalculate
Hey guys, i have a pivot table that i am resizing through vba and then i am refreshing a graph through vbs, then through normal excel functions i am using an offset to take the grand total from the pivot table and have it show in an other cell i tryed to reset the cell functions i tryed to force ir to recalculate using the .calculate i still have not found a way for it to update properly other then pressing twice on my button... (doing the operation twice) can some one shed some light ? Alex "Alexandre" <alexandre.brisebois@gmail.com>ha scritto nel messaggio 1118927960.5...

Error has occured error after installing c360 on CRM functions
I have installed CRM 4.0 and it was working fine including customizations. I then added c360 add ons and they work now but the standard Sales and Marleting buttone when clicked return an "error has occured" when i try to load those functions. Settings and Service work fine but for some reason Sales and Marketing and Options do not. Any ideas? Actually I can not even get into administration to check users so Adminstration functions - some work - groups but others do not - users (same error has occured message) "BradT" wrote: > I have installed CRM 4.0 and it was ...

subform rowsource pass through to table value function w/ paramete
I have a table value function that returns the rows that I want given 3 parameters. It works just fine in SQL Management Studio Express: select * from dbo.tvf_Airports_in_Range_of_Lat_Long(41.29757,-73.498924,100) order by miles The user enters a ZIP code for the origin location and a max distance, and a second ZIP code for the destination and a max distance. The latitude and longitude come frrm a ZIP code table lookup. From Access 2003 the query works as a pass-through but there are two problems: a) it insists on prompting for the System DSN every time b) I can't see a way to...

Nested If Functions #3
KellyMcg03, First of all forget the tax calulations, I can take care of that. Employee's wages are listed in columns. One column is the total of th first two quarters, the second column lists the third quarter. If the first two quarter's wages are less than $8500 then part or al of the third quarter' wages must be used to calculated the base. Fo instance, quarters 1 & 2 wages for an employee are $4000 and the thir quarter is $9000 then an additional tax must be paid on the additiona $4500. (tax was allready paid on the $4000. There also could be a cas where an employee was pai...

Import/Export Function
Hi! This relates to Outlook 2000.... I run the Import/Export function regularly, but find it annoying that it does not remember the options I selected last time I ran it. It does remember the filename I exported to, but in the first two dialogs I have to click or scroll and click to get to my preferred selection. Is there any way to get it to pre-select my preference? (I don't mind editing the Registry if that is neccessary!) TIA, JohnK ...

Subform Search Function
Hi All, I know this question has been asked before but i havent been able to find an appropriate solution as yet. Ill start by defining my setup. I currently have two tables where my data is stored, "Customers" and "Contacts" with "Customer ID" being the primary key for "Customers". The Customers table stores contact details for company i.e. delivery adress, website, and the Contacts table contains data for employees of that company. They are linked via the "Customer ID" key. My form is set up with "Customers" detai...

Display cell formula by function
Hi. Is there a way to perform a function which display the formula of the target cell (NOT the value of the cell)? {Fictitious function} ShowFormula(TargetCell) Eg: A1 = sum(3, 4) A2 = ShowFormula(A1) Answer of A2: sum(3, 4) -- Additional information: - I'm using Office XP - I'm using Windows XP You could copy the equation to the cell and then put " in front of it (short term) "0-0 Wai Wai ^-^" <x@x.com> wrote in message news:%23OeHX84sFHA.2880@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Is there a way to perform a function which display the formula of the >...

IF function #7
I have a cell -A1-, it can be set at either Yes or No, this is don with use of a Validation list. I want another cell -C1- to show 'Price Change' when A1 shows Yes an it should say 'No Change' when cell A1 shows No. I tried this formula in C1: =IF(A1="Yes";"Price Change";"No Change") It doesn't work , C1 just shows 'No Change' all the time and it doesn' matter if I set the cell A1 on Yes or No... What am I doing wrong -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi your formula looks o.k. You may check if there're ...

Sum function on subform error
Hi I have a main form that contains a subform the main form is an invoice and the subform is the parts of the invoice and on the footer of the subform I have a sum function that gives the total. =Sum([SPQty]*[SPUnitPrice]) my problem is stability. Somtimes it works fine and somtimes I get an Error that seems to go on endlessly like its in some kind of calculating error loop. when I run the subform on its own and not inside the main form the sum function always works fine every time but when its within the main form as a subform it works only somtimes. any comments or help please Im using VI...

Number of Mid Functions within an If sum
How many mid functions can I input into an If sum. I need to put seven in but it will only let me put in 6. If it won't allow me to put in any more how can I get round it? There could be a number of ways, but you need to give some data examples, and a clear indication of what you want to do to get a meaningful answer. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Lisa King" <lisa.king@marks-and-spencer.com> wrote in message news:5a1d01c523d4$19ffca80$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How many mid functions can I input into an If sum. > I need to put...

IF Function #9
Hi I have the following IF function that contains 6 nested IF functions based on the slope of a Moving Average,each IF function scores a certain number of points based on the slope of the Moving Average. =IF(AND(AF18="UP",AH18="UP"),12,IF(AND(AF18="DOWN",AH18="UP"),9,IF(AND(AF18="UP",AH18="DOWN"),6,IF(AND(AF18="DOWN",AH18="DOWN"),3,IF(AND(AF18="FLAT",AH18="DOWN"),6,IF(AND(AF18="FLAT",AH18="UP"),9,)))))) I know that the limit is 7 nested IF functions. I have the follo...

Combining Functions
I have a database where I would like to combine two functions for the same field. Is there any easy way of doing this? Thats a bit vague. What are you trying to do? -Dorian "Nick Anderson" wrote: > I have a database where I would like to combine two functions for the same > field. Is there any easy way of doing this? I have figured out how to combine functions but now I am having issues getting the result that I am wanting. Here is the function that I am using Transfers: Replace([Transfer To],"1234","NA Transfers 1234") & Replace([Transfer To]...

How can i use > in lookup function?
Column B has dates, 1 Jan 05 through 31 Jan 06. Column E has numbers .1,.2, up through 6. I need a lookup function that will find the last value in column E that is greater than .9 and then display the date in same row from column B. This will be on a summary sheet and have a lookup function for each of the sheets that follow. I had this but could not figure out how to use >.9 and the make the formula on another sheet. "=LOOKUP(6,E12:E407,B12:B407)". I want the 6 to be a >.9 instead. Help! Thanks Jim One way: =INDEX(B12:B407,MAX(IF(E12:E407>0.9,ROW(E12:E407)-MIN(ROW...

IF function #5
I am having trouble with this function. Here is the formula i am using IF(h=1,C9). What is going on is that when h is not equal to 1 i returns a FALSE reading. Instead of the FALSE statement, i would lik the original number to stay. I want to keep changing h and have th readout look something like this: 1 -143 2 -182 3 -198 4 -199 5 -190 but like i said, when i change h to something other than the number i the formula it gives me the FALSE reading. Can you help. You can emai be at brett.richard@bakeroiltools. Thank -- brett409 --------------------------------------------------------------...

Array functions #2
Thought I was getting the hand of array functions. Clearly not.... Can I use an array function with a set of discontiguous cells, for example (A1,A3,A5,A7,A9) rather than A1:A10? If not can someone suggest away of finding the average value of a set of discontiguous cells, some of which may have numbers, others may have an error code. (Not sure if this is relevent but I have specified any error code to be #N/A to ensure that I can still use the data set for a line chart, and not return a zero value for a cell with errors)? Is there a way without using an array function? Yes you can, is...

XPath contains() function
My goal is to select some XPath nodes based on whether their values (text) contain a string passed as argument. To achieve this I use the contains() function of XPath in an XpathExpression. For example, given the following fragment... <code> <Exprs> <Expr>red fox</Expr> <Expr>jump over</Expr> <Expr>box</Expr> </Exprs> </code> .... I want to select the second <Expr> and test whether it contains the string argument "jump": (I am passing values to the contains() function dynamically, but here I will use...

Problems with Excel functions
I have a problem with the excel funtions. The problem is that when write a funtion as for example : = Replace(E2,12,16," ") what is displayed in the cell is the funtion that i wrote and not the result. I have been having this problem and i do not know if it's a setting on my program. Please help me on.....is URGENT... I need Excel working .... Thanks in advance Your cell was formatted as text before entering the function. Format as General and re-enter (F2, Enter) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "RITRAM" <RITRAM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

How toCreate a cross-functional flow chart with 7 bands in Visio 2
I am a new user of Visio. I need to create a cross-functional flowchart with seven bands. To my dismay, Visio only allows five. Is there a way around this limitation? % is just the max with the dialog. If yiou want more, just drag and drop the functional band onto the bottom band, then resize the page "Raif Hijab" <Raif Hijab@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B89A106-69AD-4C37-BB25-FB13FFD00E0C@microsoft.com... >I am a new user of Visio. I need to create a cross-functional flowchart >with > seven bands. To my dismay, Visio only allows five. Is the...

How to replace a function with its resulting reference in a formula?
Hello How to replace a function with its resulting reference in a formula? For example, How to replace =HLOOKUP(1...)+HLOOKUP(2...) with =b11+z11. I need to replace in 1000 formulas/cells automatically. Is this a total discovery requirement - in other words you don't know anything about the formula in the cells, so you would have to parse the formula and have procedures to handle any excel function which might be there? Please describe your rules for how each function should be handled and all combinations of functions. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Dmitry Kopnichev" <kopn@b...

copying sheet without functions
Hello to the newsgroup! I have an excel file with more than 20 sheets containg many functions relating these sheets. What i want to do is to save SOME of these sheets to a new file. I want to copy/export only the values of the cells (and not the functions) but i'd like to keep the colors and general the layout of each sheet. i know that can copy the source sheet and then do a "special paste" and insert only the values but this won't keep the colors. Any ideas? Thanks in advance! You can do 2 paste specials, one for values as you say and then the same but choose 'f...

SUMIF function #11
i noticed that if you have different "range" and "sum range" (different number of rows in the array i.e i had a "range" from E2:E284 and "sum range" from H7:H235 ) you get a wrong result, even if the values you want to SUM are included in both "range" and "sum range"(i.e. they are in row 100 and row 105) Anyone knows why? both ranges need to be equal. Mangesh "andreas" <andreas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB61FB60-CB4F-40CB-B67A-D8E3D0BD7032@microsoft.com... > i noticed that if you have ...