Creating a Graph from a Drop Down List in Excel

I wanted to know if it was possible to create a type of dynamic graph from a
drop down list in Excel. What I mean is that I would have one graph that
changed dynamically based upon the selected item in the drop down box.
--
Craig

sure
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"cb" <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I wanted to know if it was possible to create a type of dynamic graph from
> drop down list in Excel. What I mean is that I would have one graph that
> changed dynamically based upon the selected item in the drop down box.
> --
> Craig

0
Don
3/24/2010 10:14:47 PM
Don Guillett wrote,

> sure
> --
> Don Guillett
> Microsoft MVP Excel
> SalesAid Software
> dguillett@gmail.com
> "cb" <cb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I wanted to know if it was possible to create a type of dynamic graph from
>> drop down list in Excel. What I mean is that I would have one graph that
>> changed dynamically based upon the selected item in the drop down box.
>> --
>> Craig

LOL.

Or, go here;
http://www.edferrero.com/ExcelCharts/tabid/102/Default.aspx
Download 'Reporting'

See if that does what you want. If you need more help, post here.

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

0
Ed

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

create a roster

Removing duplicate records with long names in Excel 2007
Greetings, This is probably a very simple question, sorry. I have annual lists of company names and am trying to make a report of changes in the lists; companies added and companies dropped. The problem is that the names in the register are long and have lots of abbreviations which might differ from year to year; one extra dot, a space missing etc., thus, making the records for the same company differ from year to year. Now, how can I filter two lists to remove the same records? Is there a function to do that? Generally, for the same company, the first two words in the name r...

Several (x, y) coordinated lines on one graph
I am trying to plot for the general (x, y) coordinated dataset. For example, Series A (1, 50) (8, 90) (10, 300) (300, 500) Series B (3, 80) (400, 90) Series C (30, 80) (200, 120) and so on. The data is store on single worksheet Series Name x coordinate y coordinate A 1 50 A 8 90 A 10 300 A 300 500 B 3 80 B ...

A self Instruction Book On Excel 2003
I am trying to find a text book on excel 2003 that will show me how to use Excel and give me the data to put into the spread sheet. Some of the features I am looking for are, Amortization, Creating Macros and The function and Chart Wizard. If you could please include an ISBN# to locate the text to get me started on Excel 2003. John List of books at Debra Dalgleish's site. Some have CD's attached http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlbooks.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 2 Oct 2007 12:57:23 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to find ...

Drop down calendar menus disappear
This is a bizarre problem which I thought must be due to some sort of corruption on my hard drive. However, using Google to check back on this group and the other outlook group I've seen the same problem noted six times over the past couple of years, from users of both Outlook 2002 and 2003. I use 2003 and I don't recall that I had the problem with 2002. I run Win XP Pro. The problem: This occurs when I try to enter dates in the calendar, task list or birthdays section (contacts). You try to select a date to enter a task, or enter a date for someone's birthday - you click on the ...

Task Create - Status

Print Autocomplete list
I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete list. Is this possible? A reference to a helpfull article or tutorial would be appreciated. TIA There's this tool which may help: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h99lja$fdl$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of > viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete > lis...

footer in excel #2
What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY PAGE? EXCEL 2000 Page Setup Header/Footer Put your entry in Footer "LED1" <LED1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D226F524-7267-48D9-98AE-A1C768B6921E@microsoft.com... : What is the easiest way to make a footer in excel that will print ON EVERY : PAGE? EXCEL 2000 ...

ALT-TAB not working with excel 2000
My problem is, as in the subject, that pressing ALT-TAB to switch among the files opened in Excel 2000 doesn't work anymore. I tried to re-install withouth success. I can only use CTRL-TAB because you haven't multiple sessions running (as usual in Excel 2000) but only one task of Excel. So, it's impossible to use ALT-TAB. Unfortunately, CTRL-TAB isn't useful as ALT-TAB because you can't switch from the current worksheet and the last used but you have to pass cyclicly through the files opened... It seems to be related to the fact that the same worksheets had been opened...

Drag Drop problem inCListCtrl
Hello , I have a owner drawn list view which displays the thumbnail images of image files along with other related information like destination of file and file properties. I am trying to drop drop the images in the list view but the following takes place : CreateDragImage returns me a CImageList pointer which is not null , when i do a GetImageInfo using the CImageList pointer the IMAGEINFO structure contains NULL values.Also BeginDrag returns FALSE. What am i doing wrong, please do help me. Thanks in Advance example: www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/ listview/dragdrop/article.php/c941/ &quo...

Drop Down Menu #2
In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date which will be seen in the cell. Would you like to something similar in Excel? See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a worksheet. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Word I'm able to attach a c...

Create external database

Excel Function Problem
Hi, Please consider me an excel newbie! I am trying to find out how to write a function that checks a 7 digit numerical string entered into cell i.e. 7030000 against 50 possible strings. (Im guessing this is a multiple IF statement thing). Once the condition is true it then takes the value from cell J7, adds it to the value in cell D7. The end result being that D7 now contains a value equal to its original value + J7. Any help given would be appreciatted Many Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might look at the SumIF function. It will add values together if...

How to create pie chart with %

excel with another reporting tool?
hi, I have only worked on vba macros where my input and output is both excel. Using macros most of the time it crashes and the end-user is then not comfortable with it. I wanted to go for a better solution. Not sure how go to about it. I was thinking of generating crystal reports. If i use crystal reports how is the format generated. I wanted to its feasibility study. Anyone who has done some work on this please go suggest. Will the end user have the authority to still edit the report. WIll it contain the formulas as we fianlly see in the excel. Please provide any infomartion that...

How do I turn on drag and drop in MS Word 2007?
It seems that drag and drop has stopped working..... I have no clue why. There are instructions on how to turn drag and drop on/off for MS Word 2003, but I can't find the directions on how to do this for Word 2007. I'd like to turn this back on. Can anyone help? Click on the the Office Button (top/left) and at the bottom of that window click on Word Options. In that window choose Advanced. Drag and Drop is the third choice down. (That said... it doesn't always work even when you have selected it. Sigh) The problem could have to do with the Symbols dialog box. When you...

axis problems in excel
I have a column titled "age" in my excel spreadsheet. There are 29 values entered in total, and several of them are the same. EG four people age 35. The total range is from 18 to 39. I want a simple column chart with age on the x axis (from 18 to 39) and number of people on the y axis (0 to 5). But i cannot work out how to do it. Sorry if this is an easy one. Excel only seems to allow me to have age on the y axis, with the 29 values represented by columns. any help would be appreciated denise Denise You need to group the age data by frequency. In say column A wite ag...

Conditional data validation drop downs
Good afternoon, I want to set up drop down's that bring up criteria to be selected based on a previous data drop down selection, i.e. let's say column A has drop downs consisting of various areas within a building, i.e. Ceiling Void, Roof, Ceiling, Floor etc. Based on what is selected in A1 the drop down criteria in B1 should relate only to what could apply to the selection in A1. I.e. If Ceiling Void is selected in A1 then the user should only be allowed to select, for example, from Fire Break, Pipe Lagging, Fire Break, Feature Panels etc in B1. If however 'Roof&#...

when form created