Using SUMIFS with date range

I am trying to sum a column of cells if several criteria are met...1. equal
to specific customer name, 2. is greater than or equal to a beginning date
entered into a specific cell and 3. is less than or equal to an end date
entered into another specific cell.   I can get the formula to work if I use
the beginning and end dates in the SUMIFS formula, but I don't want to change
the formula each time I run the spread.  So I want to be able to data enter
the begin and end dates in certain cells (line in B1 and B2) so I only change
those dates to recalculate the totals.

Something like this:

=sumifs(A:A,B:B,B3,C:C,">="&B1,D:D,"<="&B2)

Regards,
Fred

"Catrina" <Catrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to sum a column of cells if several criteria are met...1. equal
> to specific customer name, 2. is greater than or equal to a beginning date
> entered into a specific cell and 3. is less than or equal to an end date
> entered into another specific cell.   I can get the formula to work if I
> use
> the beginning and end dates in the SUMIFS formula, but I don't want to
> change
> the formula each time I run the spread.  So I want to be able to data
> enter
> the begin and end dates in certain cells (line in B1 and B2) so I only
> change
> those dates to recalculate the totals.

0
Fred
1/26/2010 4:15:10 PM
Hi
I assume you enter the customer name in A1, start day in B1 and finish day
in B2. then your information starts with customers name in cell A5, dates in
B5 and you want to summarize column C

=sumproduct(--($A$5:$A$1000=$A$1),--($B$5:$B$1000>=$B$1),--($B$5:$B$1000<=$B$2),$C$5:$C$1000)

"Catrina" wrote:

> I am trying to sum a column of cells if several criteria are met...1. equal
> to specific customer name, 2. is greater than or equal to a beginning date
> entered into a specific cell and 3. is less than or equal to an end date
> entered into another specific cell.   I can get the formula to work if I use
> the beginning and end dates in the SUMIFS formula, but I don't want to change
> the formula each time I run the spread.  So I want to be able to data enter
> the begin and end dates in certain cells (line in B1 and B2) so I only change
> those dates to recalculate the totals.
Perfect.  Thank you!

"Fred Smith" wrote:

> Something like this:
>
> =sumifs(A:A,B:B,B3,C:C,">="&B1,D:D,"<="&B2)
>
> Regards,
> Fred
>
> "Catrina" <Catrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to sum a column of cells if several criteria are met...1. equal
> > to specific customer name, 2. is greater than or equal to a beginning date
> > entered into a specific cell and 3. is less than or equal to an end date
> > entered into another specific cell.   I can get the formula to work if I
> > use
> > the beginning and end dates in the SUMIFS formula, but I don't want to
> > change
> > the formula each time I run the spread.  So I want to be able to data
> > enter
> > the begin and end dates in certain cells (line in B1 and B2) so I only
> > change
> > those dates to recalculate the totals.
>
> .

You're welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

> Perfect.  Thank you!
>
> "Fred Smith" wrote:
>
>> Something like this:
>>
>> =sumifs(A:A,B:B,B3,C:C,">="&B1,D:D,"<="&B2)
>>
>> Regards,
>> Fred
>>
>> "Catrina" <Catrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to sum a column of cells if several criteria are met...1.
>> >equal
>> > to specific customer name, 2. is greater than or equal to a beginning
>> > date
>> > entered into a specific cell and 3. is less than or equal to an end
>> > date
>> > entered into another specific cell.   I can get the formula to work if
>> > use
>> > the beginning and end dates in the SUMIFS formula, but I don't want to
>> > change
>> > the formula each time I run the spread.  So I want to be able to data
>> > enter
>> > the begin and end dates in certain cells (line in B1 and B2) so I only
>> > change
>> > those dates to recalculate the totals.
>>
>> .

0
Fred

Auto Input Today's Date
I wish to create formula to automatically insert date and time for each new record created in Excel 2003/2007 database. I've tried the following in cell A6, so when I enter data into Worksheet called INPUT cell B6 , the date and time is automatically entered into A6 of the DATA worksheet, but it doesn't work: =IF(INPUT! B6>1,=NOW(),"") What am I doing wrong? I am using Data Form for user input of new data and don't want the user to input into a date field, so I have created INPUT worksheet without date and DATA worksheet with all identical fields using INPUT plus a d...

HOW TO USE HYPERLINK within a droplist?

using forms

Using Spanish on Publisher

DATE Problem 04-11-07
I can't seem to store a date. Here is the scenerio. Me.TxtStart = Date() Set db = CurrentDb Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault") Set fld = tdf.Fields("TestStartDate") fld.DefaultValue = Me.TxtStart Whats being set in the TestStartDate field is the time! I need the date thats in the Me.TxtStart field. Any help appreciated. Thanks DS On Apr 11, 12:46 pm, DS <booty...@optonline.net> wrote: > I can't seem to store a date. > Here is the scenerio. > > Me.TxtStart = Date() > > Set db = CurrentDb > Set tdf = db.TableDefs("tblDefault&q...

FormulaR1C1 using variables

Change range based on value of a cell
Hi all, I'm trying to do a COUNTIF, but want to change the range depending on a number somewhere else in the spreadsheet. For example, if the number is 3, I want to count from C1:G1, but if the number is 4 I want to count from D1:G1. I've used the address function to find out which cell I want to start from, and then concatenated that to the end point of the range (this never changes). So I'm left with a cell that contains the value of the range (C1:G1 or D1:G1) depending upon the number which is input above. Is it possible to use this cell, which contains the value C1:G1 to repl...

Using XML with ASP.NET

Using secured OMA

Compile error using CTypedPtrList

Collecting Range Name values to VBA
I have a worksheet "Setup" where users type in a date in a cell named "ChtDte" and a path and database name in a cell named "FLName". I am using DOA to connect to a database and return a record set. The query used "qryCOCostwRates" uses a date paramater. Because this sheet will be used by several users all pointing to the database in different locations, I need to know where they have the database. I need to get the values in these two range names in the setup tab of the spreadsheet so I can connect to the data, and provide a value for ...

Using resources, how to ?

scatter plots using pivot table data

Recalc of SUM() that refers to a cell across a range of worksheets
I'm using Excel 2003 w/ SP2 and have encountered a problem I don't recall having before. I have a workbook where a summary sheet is used to aggregate the values in each of the cells in the rest of the sheets by using a formula with following syntax: =sum('sheet1:sheetx'!Cn), where "sheet1" is the name of the first sheet in the range of contiguous sheets, "sheetx" is the name of the last sheet in that range, "C" is the pertinent column letter for a cell (the columns in this workbook represent years) and "n" is the pertinent row numb...

Allow temporarily use of right click

help with cell referencing in named ranges
I have a named range covering about 30 columns of data. I'd like to lookup within the named range based on values in the 1st column, and a specific date which is the label on top of each of the other 29 columns. I have typed in a new column number as necessary, but I'd like to automate the column number by looking at a separate cell which gives the date. Ex: Dates across the top of the named range are 1/1/90, 1/1/91, etc thru 1/1/2003(in sheet1). Lets say I have a cell in sheet2(d1)that has the date 1/1/2003. In that same sheet starting in cell a1 I have a value which ...

How to use interfaces

What do you use Excel for?

using extended desktop mode
How can I move an Excel spreadsheet onto my second monitor. Word and Internet provide no problems, I just click & drag. Same way. You have to have the application window in a non-maximised state though, and you can then drag it from one to the other, or even size it so it spreads across the two screens completely. If I have the window maximised though, I am unable to drag it from screen to screen. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------------...