unable to get the pivotfields property of the pivottable class

In an Excel macro to create a pivot table, I am suddenly getting this
message:  unable to get the pivotfields property of the pivottable class.
This used to work fine and nothing changed.  Any ideas on this?  The code is
shown:

Sheets("Reorder").Select
    With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotSKU").PivotFields("Month-Yr")
        .Orientation = xlRowField
        .Position = 1
    End With

dhstein;603402 Wrote:
> In an Excel macro to create a pivot table, I am suddenly getting this
> message:  unable to get the pivotfields property of the pivottable
> class.
> This used to work fine and nothing changed.  Any ideas on this?  The
> code is
> shown:
>
> Sheets("Reorder").Select
> With ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotSKU").PivotFields("Month-Yr")
> .Orientation = xlRowField
> .Position = 1
> End With

Depending on version of Excel you are using, you have probably hit a
limit in the amount of rows that the PivotTable can handle (around 8,000
rows). This is a known issue, still existent in Excel 2003 and 2007 (to
somewhat lesser extent).

In order to resolve the issue, you may need to reduce the number of
PivotFields used. What this does, in effect, is reduces the number of
rows returned as results, hence bypasses the limit.

Many people have had this problem and Microsoft has been very silent
about it and digressing the issue to something else, basically unable to
help people. For a good intro on the subject you may want to read:
'Is an Excel bug that set PivotItem.Visible to true will generate 1004
Macro Error?' (http://tinyurl.com/yese65m)

and search Google with "unable to get the pivotfields property of the
pivot table class"

Hope this has been helpful.

--
'MrSpreadsheet (MrSpreadsheet) on Twitter'
(http://twitter.com/MrSpreadsheet)

--
MrSpreadsheet
MrSpreadsheet's Profile: 1365

MrSpreadsheet

Message not getting to domains
I have several domains that mail will not accept properly. Is there a record type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?" Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or delayed. Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this. The dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme. Whoever setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP -- William Burn Director of IT What is the error # in the NDR? Tom ---------- "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.co...

How to get the buttons appear 3d ( as in XP)?
Hi, I'm trying to learn creating a dialog box and add button controls. The buttons are shown in 2d as in Windows 2000 or Win 98. What should I do to make the buttons of the MFC program look 3d as the normal buttons in XP look like? I tried all the properties in the properties window of the resource view in Visual Studion, but nothing is working. Also, I face a problem creating hotkeys for the buttons. Say, the caption to a button "&Cancel" does not show me "C" underlined in the run time. Medicine please. ~Pradeep >I'm trying to learn creating a dialog b...

xsl:apply-templates dont get it
Hey I think i've figured out the idea behind apply-templates. But going through the tutorial on <http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_apply_templates.asp> theres simply just something that i dont get! In the following i've copy pasted the example from <http://www.w3schools.com/xsl/xsl_apply_templates.asp> into this post. I divide into sections and my real question will come after the code snippet: Section 1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?> <!-- Edited with XML Spy v4.2 --> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="...

Excel 2002 Print File Properties
Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting the file? Hi what properties do you want to print (and where: header/footer or a cell)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ateniense1 wrote: > Is there a way to print an Excel 2002 file properties when priting > the file? Hi you may use the following function (put this in a standard module): Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties (prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Funct...

notify you if you get an e-mail?
Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you get an e-mail when its closed? Fixed it >-----Original Message----- > >Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you >get an e-mail when its closed? >. > what did you do? >-----Original Message----- >Fixed it >>-----Original Message----- >> >>Is there any way to get MS Outlook to notify you if you >>get an e-mail when its closed? >>. >> >. > ...

Horizontal line chart
Hi, I have prepared a bundle of column that has one XY scatter plot serie It works great, updates with VBA, no problem. Now I was asked to add one additional point in each serie to the char with some calculations. Although looked to be be very easy job, it' not, as the file get corrupted while modyfing the data source for thi chart using the MS chart interface. I've tried to put the modificatio into the command line and it works for the chart. Unfortunately it doe not record while macro recoding ('Macro recording not possible' error that is essential to update automatically t...

Unable to open calendar

get paid now!!!
when you subscribe you'll be rewarded 10$$$ Check it now,don't wait!!!!!!! http://e-mailpaysu.com/members/index.cgi?andrusko ...

Dynamically Changing Prompts / Hidden Properties of Report Paramet
I would like to be able to dynamically change the Prompt and Hidden Properties of a report parameter based on another parameter. Ideally, I would like to be able to do this within Reporting Services, but if this is not possible I could perform a solution outside reporting services to manually change the report before the report is rendered. I've looked online and haven't been able to find solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Property Tax
hi, anybody knows that if Fixed Asset Management could calculate Property Tax and see the details? i think the tax could be calculated, but how can i see it? thx jenny ...

unable to scroll the page

Excel Button Properties
Anyone know where to find the properties for the command button that is used on worksheets? This is for Excel 2000. In particular I am looking for a tooltip property but I would like a list of all of them. Thanks, Steve Click the design mode icon on the Control toolbox toolbar. rightclick on the commandbutton and choose properties. "news.microsoft.com" wrote: > > Anyone know where to find the properties for the command button that is used > on worksheets? > This is for Excel 2000. > In particular I am looking for a tooltip property but I would like a list of >...

My New NG post never get there, but they show in "Sent"
Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show up in my sent folder. I wonder if it has anything to do with me changing from OE to Outlook for my email. Your help is appreciated............Peter Nothing to do with OL, OE is the default newsreader, though it may be accessed within OL or IE. I do see a post in this ng from you, dated 2nd "PeterM" <rpm@NOSPAM.dcn.org> wrote in message news:q9udnYzlyfK8ILDfRVn-sQ@omsoft.com... > Recently I noticed that any new post will never get posted, but it did show > up in my sent folder. I wonder if it...

Unable to start POP3, NNTP, IMAP4...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...

Unable to conect

GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area
GET FREE QUOTES from professional moving companies in your area Licensed & Insurance MC 531644 US DOT 1400507 1. Long Distance Moving -Save on your Move 6 or more movers compete for your move. Sit Back and receive calls from Movers who want to compete for your move. http://www.sunshine-mhs.com [domain info] Sponsored Result 2. Compare Movers - Save Money Get free quotes from movers in your area. Save up to 65% off of regular rates! http://www.linksmoving.com [domain info] Sponsored Result 3. Movers Get free estimate from multipl moving companies at the same time, Licensed and Insured. http...

MSXML6 C++ unable to locate node

Class ID roll throughs
I have an issue in setting Class ID's I am just in the setup process, working on Customers. When I attach a customer to a Class Id there are certain fields that I don't want to have over written, as per the Class Default. An example of this would be credit limits or sales rep. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rob Rob, this is not possible. You cannot control what the Class ID rolls down from the front end. What you can do is directly update it in SQL. Update only the fields you want. You will be updating the table RM00101 (Customer Master). Hope it helps. Girish "...

'OWA was unable to get to your inbox'