The inverse error function (erfinv)

Follow
Email

I need to use the inverse error function

erf(x)=0.8  <=>  x=inverf(0.8)   <=>   x=0,90469

Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it

Best regard

morten
0
Reply mgs8696 (1) 4/1/2004 1:26:17 PM

inverf(p) = SQRT(GAMMAINV(p,0.5,1))
inverfc(p) = -NormSInv(p/2)/Sqrt(2)

Mathemetically exact, but not necessarily numerically good in versions
prior to 2003.

Jerry

Morten wrote:

> Hi
>
> I need to use the inverse error function:
>
> erf(x)=0.8  <=>  x=inverf(0.8)   <=>   x=0,904696
>
> Currently i am using the goal seeker, but i know that matlab has a erfinv function - does excell have one? if not - does anybody know about som java-coding that can do it?
>
> Best regards
>
> morten

0
Reply post_a_reply (1395) 4/2/2004 2:39:33 AM
Thats works perfect... Thank you for solving my problem

Best regard

Morten, Denmark
0
Reply anonymous (74740) 4/2/2004 8:26:03 AM
Glad it helped

Jerry

Morten wrote:

> Thats works perfect... Thank you for solving my problem.
>
> Best regards
>
> Morten, Denmark

0
Reply post_a_reply (1395) 4/2/2004 1:15:59 PM
Follow
Email

inverse of ShrinkToFit
Is there a property for the Range object that does the opposite of ShrinkToFit? I mean, something like CellExpandsToFit, i.e. the cell size / row width / column width is adjusted automatically so that the whole text in it will be visible. Is there any other ways to accomplish the same effect? E.g. iterate over all the columns, determine if the texts fit the cells everywhere and if not, set it to wider. For that I should be able to determine if the whole text is visible in a cell. Thx Have a look at autofit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Agoston Bejo" <gu...

VC6 -> VC2003 STL compiler error
Hello, I'm having problems porting STL to VC2003. If anyone could please help me convert this code that compiles fine with VC6 to compile with VC2003, I'd be grateful: class StrBuffer: private std::vector<_TCHAR> { typedef std::vector<_TCHAR> Base; public: LPTSTR operator&() { return Base::begin(); // <-- compiler error // The above line's error is: // error C2440: 'return' : cannot convert from 'std::vector<_Ty>::iterator *' to 'LPTSTR' // with // [ // _T...

Strange error message in Outlook 2000
I have a user getting "Error while aging store "Mailbox - person name"" when they try to run the archive function of Outlook 2000. I've looked several places, but have found no solutions. Please help John Desselle ...

Analytical Accounting Error #3
Hi, I am getting the error 'This record has been created since your attempt to create. Changes will not be saved'. This I am getting while I am trying to add additional transaction dimension. Any idea? Ramesh ...

reported error (0x80070057)
When I try to send an email to several addresses using Outlook 2003, I get the error: Task 'xxx - Sending' reported error (0x80070057) : 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' I see no apparent problem with the addresses. Please tell me in simple English (well, as simple as possible) how to solve this problem. I am not an expert user. Thank you. What type of mail account is this? Exchange, POP3, IMAP? "lemonscented" <lemonscented@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC994AB1-B72B-4...

User define message error!
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

Syntax error and Script Error
Dear All, I am getting error whenver i open CRM on each page (Done, but with error on page). when i click on the yehllow icon: following message are listed. http://crmserver/_root/bar_top.aspx?...... http://crmserver/_root/left.aspx?...... http://crmserver/CS/home_cases.aspx?.... http://crmserver/_root/navbarpage.aspx?........ any help or advice will be much appriciated. Regards, Syed. I think there may be some problem with your JavaScript code written for the entities. ...

Errors with Verizon POP3
I am using WLM in Vista and am having problems with the Verizon email account. The following is an error report: Unable to send or receive messages for the Verizon (xxxxx) account. The connection to the server has failed. Server: 'incoming.verizon.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E Protocol: POP3 Port: 995 Secure(SSL): Yes Socket Error: 10060 The Outgoing port has been changed to 587. This has been occurring since yesterday. Last week a similar situation occurred with the AOL account. -- On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 11:47:29 -0500, Nissi1 wrote...

How to use enum type as function argument
I have an object reference in my script that I would like to call a method on using an enum type as an argument. I can get list the values on the enum just fine doing this: $AlertLevel = 'CmdMan.Common.TriggerAlertLevel' -as [type] [Enum]::getvalues($AlertLevel) correctly enumerates as: None StartFailureAlert WarningAlert FailureAlert SecurityAlert CriticalAlert The C# method I am trying to call is: public void CreateEvent(TriggerAlertLevel pAlertLevel, string pEventMessage) However the following two calls complain about - Cannot find an overload for "...

Cannot open excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I see this was an old discussion topic but have yet to find a solid solution. This problem whereby an existing file is worked on, saved and then will not open, is creating havoc with my excel documents. Error message is 'file might have been damaged or modified from its original format'!!?? <br><br>Help??? Sorry: Not enough detail to be able to answer. What are you doing to that file? Exactly? I need the key-strokes :-) That error message is usually quite correct: the file has be...

.xls saving error
I am responsible for taking care of 4 computers at work. I have on computer that I am constantly getting the following error message whe I try to save a file. Each of the 4 computers use this same type o file but only this one computer errors. How can I fix the followin error.... "Your changes could not be saved to "xxxx".xls but were save to temporary document "yyyy". Close existing document, open th temporary document and svae it under a new name. Thanks Ric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com When excel saves the file, it saves it as a temporary...

creating help info for user defined function
I have some custom functions written, and would like to provide a little note on the function variable input box that explains what the function does (the same as microsofts functions have tips). Can anyone help with doing this? Hi Joe, I sometime use a very basic form of help, Next to where you want to make the help. Create a graphic box using the drawing toolbar. Then turn this box into a hyperlink (Just link it to where the box is. Then in the hyperlink properties there is a button called screen tip ! Here enter you help text and then when people move the mouse over it ...

Error in ODBC using Vista when installing Dynamics GP 10
We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45). Anyone please help!!! Yela, It seems that GP cannot access your databases, follow steps below: 1. Make sure that network remote connections in SQL Configuratio...

Error in o2k Archive skips store due to error
Getting this error in Outlook 2000. Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store Microsoft's only suggestion is to see hotfix, but can't access sed hotfix, and a post SP3 SP has not yet been released. Any ideas on how to solve this? Thanks ...

error signature
I have keep getting an error signature imessage n Publisher and I am unable to print my brochure. Any ideas??? Cyn wrote: > I have keep getting an error signature imessage n Publisher and I am unable > to print my brochure. Any ideas??? The "error signature" bit is just a bit of text to tell you that the next bit of information is the error signature. The error signature itself is the important bit. Just like if you saw: Telephone Number: 555 555-2176 in a message, the important data would be the number itself, not the "Telephone number" text. There sh...

Is there a function to set the Code page of my program dynamically?
Hi, There are several places in my program that I need to change between CString and BSTR. (Maybe the rich edit controls also change between char and unicode, I am not sure.) I am using USES_CONVERSION; W2A A2W I found the same program worked under some languages, didn't under others. Sometimes it worked in Edit control, but not in Rich Edit control. I have added #define _CONVERSION_USES_THREAD_LOCALE in the stdafx.h but found it not much help. I trace into the mfc codes and found it called WideCharToMultiByte() at last. Is there a function so that I can set Code page (ac...

cut & paste error
After several successful cut n paste actions I receive and error msg "can not empty the clipboard". When I access the office clipboard underneath Edit it's empty. What's the cause of this error. If I close Excel I'm able to resume the cut n paste but eventually the error will return. Any ideas? Your help is greatly appreciated. Hi Corey, If this is manually you can clear the clipboard at the upper right-hand icon below the clipboard titlebar on the clipboard popup. ] (View, Toolbars, Clipboard) If this has something to do with macros. You can clear the...

referenced memory error
Receiving the following error when shutting down Outlook Express, can anyone help? the instruction at "0x77f83187" referenced memory at "0x00924830", the memory could not be "written" Click on OK to terminate the program ...

Error 1402
I cannot open the adobe reader 9.2 my Windows XP system. When I attempt repair or uninstall it I get this 1402 error message and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software|Microsoft|Windows|CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents\MSFS Could not open key ... and something about not having administrative permission. I cannot locate the file and do not have a clue how to give myself adminstrative permission. I'm already logged in as such. DeeTour wrote: > I cannot open the adobe reader 9.2 my Windows XP system. When I > attempt repair or uninstall it I get this 1402 error message and ...

Overflow Error
I am using Access 2002. I have a report that creates a bar indicating survey response information. I need to know all the surveys that have been sent and their responses, or lack of responses. That's where the problem lies with those that don't respond. On the report I count and display the number of surveys returned using =Count(IIf([txtUsedKnowledge]="Not at all/Never",1,Null)) Then I figure out and display the response percent using =Nz([NeverUsedKnowledge]/[AnsweredUsedKnowledge]) The part that creates the bar is rctNeverUsedBar.Width = Nz([NeverUs...

Syntax Error Help needed
How can I fix this code line below. I am getting a "Run-time error '1004':" "The formula you typed contains an error." I tried putting quotes at the end and that didn't solve the problem. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="siteList", RefersToR1C1:="=Error_MarketList!$A$5:$A$" & errorWS_lastRow untested, but just an observation; I would expect the reference following RefersToR1C1 ro be in R1C1 notation, but this appears to be in A1 notation. Maybe try RefersTo instead of RefersToR1C1? HTH, Keith "Ayo" wrote: ...

Error 0x800CCCF4 in Outlook
I'm having problem with reading Hotmail using Outlook 2002. I keep getting the following error: "Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.'" I tried creating a new profile, uninstalling and reinstalling Office XP,and removing and adding my hotmail account. Any ideas? KLC ...

MS Publisher 2007 error problem
I have a user who is getting the following notice when trying to open a Publisher 2007 file from a network share: Publisher cannot find the file you specified. The next dialog box will let you browse to locate the file on your hard disk or floppy disk What is odd is that she is browsing to the file location on the network share, and double clicking directly on th efile to open it. I can open it just fine from my desktop following the same path the the file she is. Also, once I renamed the file she was able to open it just fine from the share. Any ideas what the problem was? Thanks!...

Who Am I error
Hi I am trying to access the Accounts object using SDK to display name and account number of all acconts. I used the code from the sdk , I am getting a HTTP status 401: Access Denied. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance. Try the answer on this community http://www.mscrm-technical.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=14&ArtifactID=93a909b6-ccff-442a-b6ac-0c53fdfaa28c <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cba01c394c6$ee668f00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi > I am trying to access the Accounts object using SDK to > display name and account number of all acc...

OAB error
I have a problem with offline address book. Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found.' Has anybody encountered this problme. How can i delete the offline GAL that i download from the server.Does any one know the name of this file. please help. rgds, ponnappa ...