Print and shrink automatically so that worksheet fits on paper?

I have occasionally worksheets which are larger than a paper page.

In order to be able to print all content on ONE paper page I have to scale the size down to e.g.68%
Finding the exact scale value needs some user unfriendly fiddling try and error.

Is there a way to tell Excel 2003:

"Hey Excel, scale down the size of the worksheet AUTOMATICALLY so it fits on the paper"?

Claudia

0
clauama

The print dialog has a area where would can specify: fit to N pages wide and
M pages long
This is below the place you you are currently setting the % reduction
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Claudia d'Amato" <clauama@wonderworld.com> wrote in message
> I have occasionally worksheets which are larger than a paper page.
>
> In order to be able to print all content on ONE paper page I have to scale
> the size down to e.g.68%
> Finding the exact scale value needs some user unfriendly fiddling try and
> error.
>
> Is there a way to tell Excel 2003:
>
> "Hey Excel, scale down the size of the worksheet AUTOMATICALLY so it fits
> on the paper"?
>
> Claudia

0
Bernard
4/15/2010 12:39:33 PM
On Apr 15, 5:03=A0am, clau...@wonderworld.com (Claudia d'Amato) wrote:
> I have occasionally worksheets which are larger than a paper page.
>
> In order to be able to print all content on ONE paper page I have to scal=
e the size down to e.g.68%
> Finding the exact scale value needs some user unfriendly fiddling try and=
 error.

> Is there a way to tell Excel 2003:
>
> "Hey Excel, scale down the size of the worksheet AUTOMATICALLY so it fits=
 on the paper"?

> Claudia

File > Page Setup > Page Tab> Scaling > Fit to 1 x 1 page (can be
modified).

HTH,
Reeza
0
Reeza

worksheets #6
Hi: I have one workbook that contains 4 worksheets and I need to create a 5th worksheet (in the same workbook) that will contain the other 4. I want to be able to update the 4 individual worksheets and have the info automatically updated on the 5th worksheet. I have tried to look this up in Excel Help and on the MS website but I don't know if it is found under linking or another term that I'm not familiar with. Thanks ~ Hi how should the data be combined on the 5th sheet (summed?) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany marci wrote: > Hi: > I have one workbook that conta...

when generate monthly report money 2003 reports error and close automatically
I am running money 2003 on my windows xp for over a year, never has a problem but until today. When I try to generate the monthly report for June, there is popup error message saying that the program has encountered some problems and needs to close and whether I want to send those technical error details to MS, and besides this I got an option to check it if I want money to reopen. The program still able to generate monthly reports for previous months and even the month in progress but not June! Can someone point me the direction to rectify this problem ( I have tried to uninstall and reinsta...

Call a Sub from another Worksheet
I can't seem to get this to work: Dim wb As Workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open("z:\journal entry.xlsm") Application.Run wb.Name & "!CreateSubmittal" The Sub CreateSubmittal is designated as "Public Sub CreateSubmittal()" or not. The Sub is in the THisWorkbook object or Module1. Neither works. Ideas? Thanks! Hi Mike, It's all in the Quote marks. Note the Apotrophe enclosed in double quotes on both ends of the file name variable. Application.Run "'" & wb.Name & "'" & "!CreateSub...

I am looking for an excell worksheet for restaurant inventory
I have Microsoft Office 2003. I am currently trying to get a new restaurant out of a hole and I need as many resources as I can get my hands on quickly. Once I had a great spreadsheet for inventory which included cells which automatically calculated a cost per ounce price. I used it for costing purposes as well as my daily and weekly inventory. Lisa, I "Googled", "inventory worksheet" and got 1,080,000 hits. The first page listed one spreadsheet for restaurant from RestaurantOwner.com. Good luck. HTH :-) "Lise" wrote: > I have Microsoft Office 2003. I...

printing copies

Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically?
Hello. I'm trying to figure out a way to create a formula or a macro t run on a column in my worksheet that says basically IF COLUMN D SAY JOE BLOW, THEN COLOR = GREEN, IF COLUMN D = SALLY SMITH, THEN COLOR RED, IF COLUMN D SAYS MIKE IKE, THEN COLOR = BLUE. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? :confused -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26434 Look at Conditional Formatting in...

Ghosted print and print preview

TCP/IP printing

Automatic refresh of the pivot table data
I have a data entry sheet and a pivot table based on the data entry sheet. Is there a way to make the pivot table data refresh automatically based on some trigger (e.g., leaving the data entry sheet)? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I have a data entry sheet, two pivot tables based on the data entry sheet, and two charts (not pivot charts) based on the pivot tables. One chart is located in a sheet, the other is a stand-alone chart. When I turn the file over to the user, the pivot tables will be hidden. I want both charts to automatically refresh when I click their tabs. ...

Print Dynamic Range

Printing booklet

Filtering is Automatically Marking messages as "Read"
I've defined a few rules in Outlook 2002 (i.e. XP) that automatically filter e-mail from various e-mail accounts to separate folders. The problem I'm experiencing is that Outlook is also marking these messages as "read," which means I have to manually troll the folders to look for new messages. I have verified that I do NOT have the "mark it as read" flag set in the rules wizard. Any ideas? ...

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Check printing in GP 7.0

"Tiled" print setting.

CHtmlView and Printing

Problems with printing

Printing--How not to Print Bkground

Printing in Vista

How do you customize the 'Print View'?

Printing problem

Print a report without displaying print preview
Hi, Please can someone tell me in a really basic way how can I print a report WITHOUT it also previewing. I'm using 2007 I have several forms which have a print button ( created with the command button wizard, report operations, print report, then relevant report is chosen to print). This works great, and prints the relevant report for the the associated record, however when you click the print button it also displays the print preview and doesn't close it again. This means that until the preview is closed the same thing keeps printing when the button is clicked....

Currency to Print
Is there a way to set up the defaut "Currency To Print:" to Originating when printe the Invoice from the Sales Batch ID. There is no problem to print the Invoice from Sales transaction Entry, because the default Currency was set using Originating. Thanks, Kevin, Yes. When you select the Print icon in Sales Batch, print options window will open where you specify Originating in Print currency in Dropdown. This should work the same way as printing invoice from sales transaction entry -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wro...