Press Enter and Move Back to Column A Automatically

  • Follow

I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.

Excel versions 2003 and 2007.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
--
I Teach
0

Put this tiny event macro in the wroksheet code area:

i = Target.Row
Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"I Teach" wrote:

> I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
> in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
> row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.
>
> Excel versions 2003 and 2007.
>
> Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
> --
> I Teach
0
Reply Utf 5/14/2010 7:02:01 PM

Start in A1...........Tab your way across to G1

Leave G1 by hitting ENTER key.

You are now at A2

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:49:01 -0700, I Teach
<Iteach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
>in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
>row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.
>
>Excel versions 2003 and 2007.
>
>Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

0
Reply Gord 5/14/2010 8:21:10 PM

Just on the off chance that there is a SelectionChange event floating
about somewhere, you should turn off events.

Application.EnableEvents = False
>i = Target.Row
>Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
	Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:02:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
<GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Put this tiny event macro in the wroksheet code area:
>
>Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>i = Target.Row
>Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
>End Sub
>
>Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:
>
>1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
>2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
>3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window
>
>If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.
>
>If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.
>

>To remove the macro:
>
>1. bring up the VBE windows as above
>2. clear the code out
>3. close the VBE window
>
>To learn more about macros in general, see:
>
>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
>
>To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:
>
>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm
0
Reply Chip 5/15/2010 12:14:47 AM

(page loaded in 0.057 seconds)