Press Enter and Move Back to Column A Automatically

I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.

Excel versions 2003 and 2007.

Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
--
I Teach

Put this tiny event macro in the wroksheet code area:

i = Target.Row
Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
End Sub

Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:

1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window

If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.

If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.

To remove the macro:

1. bring up the VBE windows as above
2. clear the code out
3. close the VBE window

To learn more about macros in general, see:

To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:

Gary''s Student - gsnu201003

"I Teach" wrote:

> I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
> in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
> row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.
>
> Excel versions 2003 and 2007.
>
> Thanks for your assistance in this matter.
> --
> I Teach
Start in A1...........Tab your way across to G1

Leave G1 by hitting ENTER key.

You are now at A2

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 14 May 2010 11:49:01 -0700, I Teach
<Iteach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I would like to be able to press Enter after I complete the entry in any cell
>in any column and have the Enter key take me back to Column A in the next
>row. This happens sometimes and I'd like to have it happen all the time.
>
>Excel versions 2003 and 2007.
>
>Thanks for your assistance in this matter.

0
Gord
5/14/2010 8:21:10 PM
Just on the off chance that there is a SelectionChange event floating
about somewhere, you should turn off events.

Application.EnableEvents = False
>i = Target.Row
>Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
Application.EnableEvents = True

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
	Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:02:01 -0700, Gary''s Student
<GarysStudent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Put this tiny event macro in the wroksheet code area:
>
>Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
>i = Target.Row
>Cells(i + 1, "A").Select
>End Sub
>
>Because it is worksheet code, it is very easy to install and automatic to use:
>
>1. right-click the tab name near the bottom of the Excel window
>2. select View Code - this brings up a VBE window
>3. paste the stuff in and close the VBE window
>
>If you have any concerns, first try it on a trial worksheet.
>
>If you save the workbook, the macro will be saved with it.
>

>To remove the macro:
>
>1. bring up the VBE windows as above
>2. clear the code out
>3. close the VBE window
>
>To learn more about macros in general, see:
>
>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
>
>To learn more about Event Macros (worksheet code), see:
>
>http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/event.htm
0
Chip

automatically plot points on chart
I have files that contain measurment information that has rows in the following format: Date Data_Collector Measurement_A Measurement_B Measurement_A where the measurements are taken at different locations. There are multiple rows for different dates and data collectors and the amount of information in the file varies by how many measurements were taken in each given stretch of time. My question is, is there a way for me to have Excel automatically plot all of the data in the file? I would like different charts for the different measurements, where the x-value is the date...

Automatic incremental of records
I have a table with several records and arranged serially, i.e 1,2,3 .....25. When I delete arecod like record number 3 I would like record number 4 to become record number 3. But in my case Record number 4 still remains serial number 4 although it is actually the third record. Is there a way it can be done automatically? njogus wrote: > I have a table with several records and arranged serially, i.e 1,2,3 > .....25. When I delete arecod like record number 3 I would like > record number 4 to become record number 3. But in my case Record > number 4 still remains serial number ...

Microsoft Press Support
Why don't Microsoft Press have any books on Publisher versions XP 2002 or 2003? Like the Inside OUT series or step by step? Hi P.K., If I recall correctly the last MS Press book on Publisher was on Publisher 2000 http://microsoft.com/mspress/books/2317.asp If there are going to be 2003 series books they may not be announced at http://mspress.microsoft.com until there is a release date set for Office 2003 products. ======== <<"disgruntaled consumer" <pkcooke2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069c01c350d1$47937960$a501280a@phx.gbl... Why don't Microsoft...

message -transaction cannot be entered
When I try to enter a transaction I get a message that the transaction cannot be entered That's nice. Was there a question here or are you bragging? Seriously, if you want help, please provide the following kinds of information: Environment (version, operating system, so on) Description (you got this part more or less right) Action (what you've done to figure out your problem) Next action (What help it is that you are looking for. Questions are really helpful here.) Testcase (relevant in a few cases) In general, for this issue, you should read http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q104. ...

Script the Move Wizard?
Is this possible? So we can feed a list of names to a script and move them from 5.5 to 2003? yes answered my own question http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/e2k3/e2k3/_esdk_samples_movemailbox_adsi_using.asp "jerry cantrell" <undisclosed@earth.net> wrote in message news:OZv9PecfEHA.1656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is this possible? So we can feed a list of names to a script and move them > from 5.5 to 2003? > > > > ...

How do I hide a column using a password in an excel spreadsheet

About ctrl-enter
When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it always finishes the address with .com.tw How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ? My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese. Hi, In Internet Options> General> Languages> Specify the suffix. (Not where you would think to look.) Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "yclhk" <yclhk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CFDA8F5-C099-42CF-96D1-C86E4E5D24AC@microsoft.com... ...

Finding matches in two columns
I have two columns of years. Column A has 27 years from 1911 to 2007 indicating a particular year a house was built. Column B has all years from 1800 to 2009 use to plot a graph. In column C I want to find if any of the years from 1800 through 2009 matchs one of the 27 years in column A and return a 1 if that year matches or a 0 if it does not. With the results in column C I can graph all years on the x axis and which one of them had a house built. Erik (a Word and Excel 2007 user) One way using COUNTIF In C2: =IF(B2="","",IF(COUNTIF(A:A,B2),1,0)) Copy down...

illegal function message when send and receive button is pressed
For the past two weeks I have been getting an illegal function message every time I try to read email. I have a hotmail account attached to my main account. ...

How to compare an entire column to multiple columns in Excel
I have an excel sheet with about 200 columns and about 3000 rows of data. Some of the columns are repeated with same values. I need to find out the duplicate Could anyone of you can help me finding a formula that compares each columns and identify the equal columns: For example from the dataset given below, column A = Column C as bc as bc a1 e2 a1 e8 c8 c8 c8 c8 r8 t9 r8 r6 Thank you. Regards, PS - =SUMPRODUCT(--(C5:C16=D5:D16))=ROWS(C5:D16) will return TRUE if each cell is equal to the adjacent cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com <paveernaa@gmail.com...

Adjusting Two Columns with Text
I have two columns. I've entered numbered text in each column. As I add more numbered items, the second column keeps adjusting itself downward. Is there anyway to freeze the second column as I add items to column one? I am not really sure what you mean by "the second column keeps adjusting itself downward". Do you have a two column table, or is the document formatted with columns? It sounds like you may have the former when what you want is the latter. Format the document so that it has two columns (via the Page Setup section of the Page Layout tab in Word 200...

rules question
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C58E9B.93495960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I'd like to make a rule similar to the one I have - move all emails from a certain SENDER to a specified FOLDER. I want to also make a rule to move to a specified folder, when an email is sent to a specific USER. I don't see how to do this in the canned rules? Has anyone got creative with this and made it work? I can get it to do a COPY, but not a move. Thanks!!! ------=_NextPart_000_0008_0...

Clearing form to enter addl info but keep history
Hi - I have a form with billing info that includes Billing Date, Billing Reasons and Billing Due Dates. The Billing information is on a tab on a form. There could be multiple dates and reasons. What I would like to do is have a way that once the billing info is completed for a specific date, be able to enter another date and more billing reasons, so that the fields on that tab are "cleared' however, I will need to query for the information that was "cleared" for reports. When I tried "adding new record" it goes to the next customer on the li...

NDR After Move
Hello All: I posted yesterday about this issue and thought it was worked out, but still some lingering problems. I had a mailbox that I moved that appeared on both my 5.5 server and the 2003 server. Mail from the outside was going to the 5.5 server and internal mail to the 2003 mailbox. I eventually wound up deleting the mailbox off of the 5.5 server and that didn't fix it. I then deleted the user account from AD, ran cleanup agent on the store where the mailbox resided, recreated the user account and re-associated the mailbox with the user. Looked like this worked but every now a...

Automatic Updates 09-12-10
I have a Dell Inspiron e1505 with Windows XP Home Edition - SP3. Overall workinig pretty good. I have Automatic Updates turned on and for some reason it keeps wanting to "Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (update 1 of 1)... ", however just as it's starting a window entitled "SL18.tmp" pops up and says "SL18.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." My only option at this point is to Close the window and then the Automatic Update stops, but then after a while it tries again with ...

How move arrow keys from cell to cell and NOT entire col/rows
Arrow keys move entire column or row. I want arrow keys to move from cell to cell.. Tap Scroll Lock key once. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:58:01 -0800, Arrow keys: cell to cell; not entire row <Arrow keys: cell to cell; not entire row@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Arrow keys move entire column or row. I want arrow keys to move from cell to >cell.. ...

enter a formula
i am trying to enter a formula in a cell, but it is coming up as a value. how do i change it from value to formula. -- Louise Isn't the formula supposed to return a value? Maybe something in the conditional formatting. "Louise" wrote: > i am trying to enter a formula in a cell, but it is coming up as a value. > how do i change it from value to formula. > -- > Louise Precede the formula with an apostrophe Micky "Louise" wrote: > i am trying to enter a formula in a cell, but it is coming up as a value. > how do i chan...

automatically posting batches
we use integration manager to import sales transactions daily, and would like to automate the posting process after integration manager complete the job. Can we use macro to do it? or any third party product that can achieve it? Thank you for your help. If you want to post batches automatically then you would need to write a macro to get this done. Take a look at the KB articel "How to create a macro to log into a company in Great Plains"; record the rest of the key strokes to it. "hlv" wrote: > we use integration manager to import sales transactions daily, and...

Enter in the CWebBrowser2
How to allow the CWebBrowser2 get the Enter? ...

Archive items not moving
When running an archive, the mails are copied to my archive file, and not deleted from my main PST file. How can I get them to move over rather than be copied? To change the setting/configuration for Archiving go to tools - options - other - autoarchive or right click on the folder that you are autoarchiving and go to properties. There is an option to move file. However I was not aware you could autoarchive items on personal folder. At least I have not seen this option Regards -- Francine Otterson President, San Diego Outlook User Group "Nuraq" <nuraq@mweb.co.za>...

Move information from exchange server running different domain to
Hello My company has recently bought a new business. The users of the running were using outlook.They want to keep all the information that including contacts, calendar, mail. I have created accounts for all of them in my AD and also mailboxes. What is the best way to move all their info into my exchange server. I ma running a different domain and the other company was running a diff domain. They will have new email ID"S from my company. In news:8AA1C3FC-9829-4AEC-80C4-30C9840CA91C@microsoft.com, KPM <KPM@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hello > > My company has r...

Backing up PST-file
I'm currently using Outlook 2003 and thinking of changing to 2007. As a precaution, I copied my PST file to a different location and then set about testing this by opening Outlook. I navigated to the location where the back up was and clicked to open it. After a while I got a message saying "Run-time error. Do you want to debug?" or similar. I clicked no and the folders seemed okay. When I repeated the file open process it led me to the back-up location. I then reversed back to the default location and got the same message, again clicking no. Question 1: Do I hav...

Hlookup in other columns
In doing a hlookup I would like returned the cell contents from the left column and also left of that as in the example x y z aa ab ac 1 2 3 4 5 6 hlookup(ab1,a1:dd1000, 1) = 5 but I am interested in receiving answer 4 and separetely answer 3 Dan Try something like this: hlookup(ab1,a1:dd1000, 1) = 5 for the matched item: =INDEX(A1:DD1000,1,MATCH(AB1,A1:DD1,0)) For the item one cell to the left of the matched item: =INDEX(A1:DD1000,1,MATCH(AB1,A1:DD1,0)-1) For the item two cells to the left of the matched item: =INDEX(A1:DD1000,1,MATCH(AB1,A1:DD1,0)-2) Does ...

Handling key presses
I have tree and list views (contained in a CSplitter) in which I would like to handle keyboard input. The up, down, left and right arrow keys work for traversing the tree / list, but I want the space bar to perform an action and the tab / shift-tab to move between the views. I have added handlers for =TVN_KEYDOWN and WM_KEYDOWN to the tree view and put breakpoints in them but neither get called when I press a key from within the tree view. So how do I do this? --- Al. ...

Charting using Stacked Column Graph
Excel 2002... I think I posted this in the wrong place before. I'm trying to chart a series that is comprised of 5 - 3 number groups. I can chart the first group, but when I try to add the next series, it stacks them onto the existing columns rather than make 3 new ones. The data looks like this (simplified): A1 A2 A3 B1 B2 B3 1-10 .01 .03 .58 .023 .025 .023 11-15 .012 .025 .025 .024 .588 .280 16-20 .012 .255 .158 .024 .254 .241 I get a nice chart with A1-A3...but can't add B1-B3 next to it. Help me, please. Thanks, Gre...