paste special

  • Follow

how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
i am working in office 2007
0
Reply Utf 12/10/2009 7:01:02 PM

If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the
whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging.

Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells

Switch to the new Sheet and Paste.

Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted.

Hope that helps,

Frank

"beana" wrote:

> how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
> hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
> i am working in office 2007
0
Reply Utf 12/10/2009 7:07:02 PM

Perfect, thanks!!

"FrankWood" wrote:

> If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the
> whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging.
>
> Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells
>
> Switch to the new Sheet and Paste.
>
> Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Frank
>

> "beana" wrote:
>
> > how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
> > hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
> > i am working in office 2007
0
Reply Utf 12/10/2009 7:20:01 PM

F5>Special>Visible cell only>OK

Copy and paste.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:01:02 -0800, beana <beana@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
>hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
>i am working in office 2007

0
Reply Gord 12/10/2009 7:32:23 PM

Welcome.  Happy to help.

"beana" wrote:

> Perfect, thanks!!
>
> "FrankWood" wrote:
>
> > If the rows are hidden because of a filter, simply select the cells (not the
> > whole worksheet) by clicking and dragging.
> >
> > Ctrl-C to copy the selected cells
> >
> > Switch to the new Sheet and Paste.
> >
> > Any “hidden” rows will not be pasted.
> >
> > Hope that helps,
> >
> > Frank
> >

> > "beana" wrote:
> >
> > > how do you paste only shown rows on a spreadsheet to a new workbook?  I have
> > > hidden rows that I do not want to copy over.  thanks!
> > > i am working in office 2007
0
Reply Utf 12/10/2009 7:39:02 PM

(page loaded in 0.052 seconds)