Open/Import MS Money OFX file into Excel?

Follow
Email
Downloading data from an online banking website.  Besides Quicken files
(WebConnect and QIF), the only other file format is MS Money OFX.

That is an ASCII format with HTML-like syntax.  I am currently writing a
macro to parse it.  But I wonder....

Is there any way to directly input an MS Money OFX file into Excel, other
than purchasing a conversion program?

A Google search reveals that this question has been asked before in other
forums.  I did not see a usable solution.

0
Reply Joe 1/29/2010 9:41:19 AM

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 01:41:19 -0800, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote:

>Downloading data from an online banking website.  Besides Quicken files
>(WebConnect and QIF), the only other file format is MS Money OFX.
>
>That is an ASCII format with HTML-like syntax.  I am currently writing a
>macro to parse it.  But I wonder....
>
>Is there any way to directly input an MS Money OFX file into Excel, other
>than purchasing a conversion program?
>
>A Google search reveals that this question has been asked before in other
>forums.  I did not see a usable solution.

Well, I see there is a free ofx2csv converter available:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/OFX2CSV.shtml

--ron
-1
Reply Ron 1/29/2010 1:30:00 PM
"Ron Rosenfeld" <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> wrote:
> Well, I see there is a free ofx2csv converter available:
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/OFX2CSV.shtml

Thanks.  I had seen that, too; but I missed the fact that it is free and it
has a seal of safety from Softpedia.  What can I say:  it was late; I was
under pressure; I had my glassed on upside down; etc etc etc. :-)

Oh well, the VBA converter was not difficult to write.  And as it turns out,
I am dissatisfied with the content of the OFX file; the bank omitted some
important details that are visible online.

So I might give the QIF format a whirl.  There is some chance that the
content is more complete.  The bank's web page is titled "Download For
Quicken".  So I get the feeling that support of an MS product (namely MS
Money) was an afterthought.

Thanks again.

> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 01:41:19 -0800, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote:
>
>>Downloading data from an online banking website.  Besides Quicken files
>>(WebConnect and QIF), the only other file format is MS Money OFX.
>>
>>That is an ASCII format with HTML-like syntax.  I am currently writing a
>>macro to parse it.  But I wonder....
>>
>>Is there any way to directly input an MS Money OFX file into Excel, other
>>than purchasing a conversion program?
>>
>>A Google search reveals that this question has been asked before in other
>>forums.  I did not see a usable solution.
>
> Well, I see there is a free ofx2csv converter available:
>
> http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/Other-Office-Tools/OFX2CSV.shtml
>
> --ron

0
Reply Joe 1/29/2010 2:51:45 PM
On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 06:51:45 -0800, "Joe User" <joeu2004> wrote:

>Thanks.  I had seen that, too; but I missed the fact that it is free and it
>has a seal of safety from Softpedia.  What can I say:  it was late; I was
>under pressure; I had my glassed on upside down; etc etc etc. :-)
>
>Oh well, the VBA converter was not difficult to write.  And as it turns out,
>I am dissatisfied with the content of the OFX file; the bank omitted some
>important details that are visible online.
>
>So I might give the QIF format a whirl.  There is some chance that the
>content is more complete.  The bank's web page is titled "Download For
>Quicken".  So I get the feeling that support of an MS product (namely MS
>Money) was an afterthought.
>
>Thanks again.

I suppose I'm going to have to figure out how my Money program is going to work
when MS ceases all support for it.  I'm not looking forward to it.  But I'm
hoping for a viable solution.  For me, the quote download issue will be quite
important.  And, I'm sure, others will have other priorities.

Good Luck!
--ron
0
Reply Ron 1/29/2010 11:38:02 PM
Follow
Email

excel to get data from an access database
I need excel to get data from an access database similar to vlookup function from an excel table. In order to have only specific records copied to your Excel file, the query needs to include selection criteria (and sort order if necessary). Otherwise, all records get copied and you then need to create lookup formulas or use filters to restrict the set of record. If you are not familiar with Access queries, have someone who is create one for you as a stored query object in the database file. You can then use the Data>Import (Get) External Data and choose the query as your record sour...

After sharepoint3 import from sp2, DNS records incorret?
Hello We have imported site to Sharepoint 3.0 (SBS2008) from Sharepoint 2. Now there are some strange occasional DNS lookup errors. Some pages fail to open but next time there is no problem opening the same page. DNS is running on the same local server where Sharepoint. Both have the same IP in fact.. With nslookup from workstation I noticed that "mycompanyweb" is resolved correctly while "http:/mycomanyweb" fails. 1. Might there be some (http:// prefix) missing in DNS server? 2. When there is a subsite "mycompanyweb/mydepartment", do we need ...

Publisher 2000

Excel 2000 question.
Hello, Group: I am looking to run a macro that pauses for input. For example to bend metal, I would like to have the macro ask for number of bends, then continue in the computation. Thanks, --tj Dim numBends As Long On Error Resume Next numBends = InputBox("Number of bends") On Error GoTo 0 If numBends > 0 Then 'rest of code End If -- __________________________________ HTH Bob <techjohnny@gmail.com> wrote in message news:66a3c982-1496-4d73-8284-0a630e498706@l42g2000hsc.googlegroups.com... > Hello, Group: > > I am looking ...

Export from and Import to Access
We are creating an issues tracking database using Access 2003 and would like to export information to management, obtain their feedback and update the database on a periodic basis. What is the best process for doing this? Would Access 2007 make this process easier somehow? -- gsr Per srichards: >We are creating an issues tracking database using Access 2003 and would like >to export information to management, obtain their feedback and update the >database on a periodic basis. What is the best process for doing this? >Would Access 2007 make this process easier somehow? D...

OL 2003 .nk2 file clears on reboot
We have a client machine whose NK2 file is cleared on reboot. We have tried creating deleting the nk2 file to have OL create a new one, created a new OL profile with no luck. When we copied another users nk2 file to his directory and renamed it to his profile the data is picked up, but no new address are stored. outlook writes to the file when it closes - so it seems outlook is not closing correctly. is there a pda or an application using outlook data? if so, close it first. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? h...

Problem trying to open old money file

importing notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Does anyone know how to import notes from Windows Vista Outlook 2007 to Entourage 2008 on Snow Leopard? ...

opening links in outlook

excel as a database #2
Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? Phill Yes 32,767 characters, approx 1,024 visible in the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "Phill" <phill.hudson@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:ccesl0$g3u$1@titan.btinternet.com... > Is there a limit to how many text characters that can go into a cell? > > Phill > > Phill, A cell can hold 32K characters, but only about 1K will be visible. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MV...

Adding a new Interface in MS CRM
Hi, I don't want to use the "Add Lead" form to create a lead. I have developed my own page for this using the MS CRM APIs. But I have to change the linked page of "Leads" link in the left menu ( Sales) and point to my custom page. How can I do this? Thanks, -Jaison Well this is a little different as you will have to recreate the outer shell of CRM. We did this using the ASP.NET controls from Infragistics for one of our clients. Sean "Jaison" <jaison@netgalactic.com> wrote in message news:OCDt3caaEHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > >...

Money '03
I have money '03 on my PC and Money '04 for my ppc. Both work independently. However, Money is not listed in Active Sync as an option to check or unchecked for syncing. ...

Email with tiny attachments open slow

Need an open house sign in sheet

cannot open excel file from outlook

SheetName (Application.Caller.Parent.Name) Forces Excel to Save File
I have a VBA function in Excel that I have been using for years that will display the sheet name in a cell. The VBA function is as follows: Function SheetName() As String Application.Volatile SheetName = Application.Caller.Parent.Name End Function This works great. However, I have found that if I am using this function if I open a worksheet and not change anything Excel will prompt me if I want to save the worksheet if I have not made any changes. Why is this happening and is there a way to prevent this from happening? Thanks, Mike The problem may be Application.Volitile If ...

opening links

Update complete excel file online
Dear all, Hope you can help me with this problem. An excel file is updated on a daily basis and can only be found on the internet. The basic format of this file is always the same, the only changing aspect is the data. How, or if even possible, could I implement something (e.g. a button?) which automatically implements the updated sheet from the Internet. I am really looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks a lot and best regards, ...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

Best file recovery program?
I need a good file recovery program that will run both under Vista and Win 7. It needs to be able to salvage files both deleted and those lost because of disc errors. It also needs to be able to work with both internal and external hard discs, and all flavors of CD and DVD. Any recommendations? Most of the ones that allow you to download a trial have crippled to trial so much that it's really hard to judge them. Incidentally, I ran the free Recuva on a DVD-RW; I started it at 12:30 PM and at 5:30 AM (17 hours later) it showed 89% complete, and at 8:00 it had stopped with th...