Megastat add-in for Excel 2007

Follow
Email
Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
System:  Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
2007

Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in.  No option
on Add-In menu to use the app.

Reply Utf 11/29/2009 2:07:01 PM

On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:07:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
>System:  Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
>2007
>
>Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in.  No option
>on Add-In menu to use the app.
>
>Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

After you select add-ins, "browse" to the location where the .xla (or .xlam)
file is located.
--ron
0
Reply Ron 11/29/2009 2:22:00 PM
Hi Ron -- Thank you.  I tried that and am getting the same result; no
megastat.  ;-(

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:07:01 -0800, Bikertex
> <Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
> >System:  Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
> >2007
> >
> >Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in.  No option
> >on Add-In menu to use the app.
> >
> >Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> After you select add-ins, "browse" to the location where the .xla (or .xlam)
> file is located.
> --ron
> .

0
Reply Utf 11/29/2009 3:24:01 PM
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:24:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Ron -- Thank you.  I tried that and am getting the same result; no
>megastat.  ;-(
>
>"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 06:07:01 -0800, Bikertex
>> <Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Issue -- Cannot start Megastat addin for Excel 2007
>> >System:  Macbook running Boot Camp with Windows XP Professional and Office
>> >2007
>> >
>> >Installed the add-in; went to Excel Options and selected add-in.  No option
>> >on Add-In menu to use the app.
>> >
>> >Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> After you select add-ins, "browse" to the location where the .xla (or .xlam)
>> file is located.
>> --ron
>> .

The directions seem fairly straightforward, although I have not used Megastat
or the OS variation that you are using.

So let me ask a few questions that should enable us to determine where the
problem is.

1.  What is the path of the folder in which you unzipped (extracted) the
Megastat files?

2.  In that folder, is there a file named Megastat.xla?  (and also
Megastat.hlp).

3.  In Excel 2007, after you clicked the
	Office button
	Excel Options
	Add-ins

	the next step is down at the bottom of the page.  There is a dropdown
box labeled
		Manage:  fill with with "Excel Add-ins"
	then <Go>

That should open a dialog box, with a list of add-ins and a button on the left
side entitled "Browse".

After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
what do you see?
--ron
0
Reply Ron 11/29/2009 3:45:22 PM
I thought it was straightforward too, but just cannot figure out where I went
wrong.  Here's the answers to your questions:

1.  What is the path of the folder in which you unzipped (extracted) the
Megastat files?  C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\Library

2.  In that folder, is there a file named Megastat.xla?  (and also
Megastat.hlp). Yes to both.

3.  In Excel 2007, after you clicked the
	Office button
	Excel Options
	Add-ins

	the next step is down at the bottom of the page.  There is a dropdown
box labeled
		Manage:  fill with with "Excel Add-ins"
	then <Go>

That should open a dialog box, with a list of add-ins and a button on the left
side entitled "Browse".

After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
what do you see? Can select from the following files:  HTML.XLAM,
MegaStat2007.xla, RDBQAT.XLAM (downloaded to force the add'-ins tab in the
hopes that would help.)

Thanks so much for your help.
..

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 07:24:01 -0800, Bikertex
> <Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Ron -- Thank you.  I tried that and am getting the same result; no
> >megastat.  ;-(
> >
> >"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> >> After you select add-ins, "browse" to the location where the .xla (or .xlam)
> >> file is located.
> >> --ron
> >> .
> >>

> The directions seem fairly straightforward, although I have not used Megastat
> or the OS variation that you are using.
>
> So let me ask a few questions that should enable us to determine where the
> problem is.
>
> 1.  What is the path of the folder in which you unzipped (extracted) the
> Megastat files?
>
> 2.  In that folder, is there a file named Megastat.xla?  (and also
> Megastat.hlp).
>
> 3.  In Excel 2007, after you clicked the
> 	Office button
> 	Excel Options
> 	Add-ins
>
> 	the next step is down at the bottom of the page.  There is a dropdown
> box labeled
> 		Manage:  fill with with "Excel Add-ins"
> 	then <Go>
>
> That should open a dialog box, with a list of add-ins and a button on the left
> side entitled "Browse".
>
> After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
> what do you see?
> --ron
> .

0
Reply Utf 11/29/2009 4:58:01 PM
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:58:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
>what do you see? Can select from the following files:  HTML.XLAM,
>MegaStat2007.xla, RDBQAT.XLAM (downloaded to force the add'-ins tab in the
>hopes that would help.)

What happens when you select MegaStat2007.xla and then select <OK>?

Megastat.xla should appear in the add-ins dialog box, and you should be able to
select it (check it) and hit <OK> to close the Add-ins dialog box.
--ron
0
Reply Ron 11/29/2009 5:49:13 PM
Unfortunately, that's the problem.  When I select it and click oK, nothing
changes.  NOthing appears on add-ins for megastat.  I've tried selecting it
and restarting Excel, restarting Windows -- same thing.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 08:58:01 -0800, Bikertex
> <Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >After you select Browse, and navigate to the folder you determined in Step 2,
> >what do you see? Can select from the following files:  HTML.XLAM,
> >MegaStat2007.xla, RDBQAT.XLAM (downloaded to force the add'-ins tab in the
> >hopes that would help.)
>
> What happens when you select MegaStat2007.xla and then select <OK>?
>
> Megastat.xla should appear in the add-ins dialog box, and you should be able to
> select it (check it) and hit <OK> to close the Add-ins dialog box.
> --ron
> .

0
Reply Utf 11/29/2009 6:31:01 PM
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:31:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Unfortunately, that's the problem.  When I select it and click oK, nothing
>changes.  NOthing appears on add-ins for megastat.

Do you mean nothing appears in the manage add-ins dialog box?  Or nothing
appears on the Add-ins Ribbon Tab?  If the former, I'd wonder about a problem
with your Excel installation.

>I've tried selecting it
>and restarting Excel, restarting Windows -- same thing.

Here's what I did and it worked fine.

1.  Downloaded Megastat 9.1 from
http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html and installed it according to
their instructions in Excel 2007.

2.  I noted that Megastat appeared on the Add-In Ribbon tab and all the
functions were accessible.

3.  Downloaded and installed the Megastat 2007 upgrade from
http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/0072983965/418039/MegaStatExcel2007Installer.exe

4.  When I restarted Excel, I got an error message that it could not find
Megastat.xla  (this is to be expected).  I navigated to the Excel
Options/Add-in/Manage page and allowed Excel to delete it.  Then I "Browsed" to
the MS Office folder; selected megastat2007.xla and everything seems to work
fine.    It is located on the Add-ins Ribbon tab.  It's only as single, small
entry, so maybe you missed it.
--ron
0
Reply Ron 11/29/2009 6:59:53 PM
Thanks so much for all your efforts.  I've tried the install both from 9.1
with upgrade and straight from 10.1 and no luck.  Although the add-in shows
in the Excel Options/Add-ins and I've tried browsing to it, no option for
megastat ever shows in the add-in menu.  I've checked and rechecked and
didn't miss it.  Thanks again.

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:31:01 -0800, Bikertex
> <Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Unfortunately, that's the problem.  When I select it and click oK, nothing
> >changes.  NOthing appears on add-ins for megastat.
>
> Do you mean nothing appears in the manage add-ins dialog box?  Or nothing
> appears on the Add-ins Ribbon Tab?  If the former, I'd wonder about a problem
> with your Excel installation.
>
> >I've tried selecting it
> >and restarting Excel, restarting Windows -- same thing.
>
> Here's what I did and it worked fine.
>
> 1.  Downloaded Megastat 9.1 from
> http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html and installed it according to
> their instructions in Excel 2007.
>
> 2.  I noted that Megastat appeared on the Add-In Ribbon tab and all the
> functions were accessible.
>
> 3.  Downloaded and installed the Megastat 2007 upgrade from
> http://highered.mcgraw-hill.com/sites/dl/free/0072983965/418039/MegaStatExcel2007Installer.exe
>
> 4.  When I restarted Excel, I got an error message that it could not find
> Megastat.xla  (this is to be expected).  I navigated to the Excel
> Options/Add-in/Manage page and allowed Excel to delete it.  Then I "Browsed" to
> the MS Office folder; selected megastat2007.xla and everything seems to work
> fine.    It is located on the Add-ins Ribbon tab.  It's only as single, small
> entry, so maybe you missed it.
> --ron
> .

0
Reply Utf 11/29/2009 9:54:01 PM
From Ron's first link:

>> http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html

"If you are using a Mac, please contact McGraw-Hill directly. We are not
aware of a Mac version for MegaStat."

Bernie

0
Reply Bernie 11/29/2009 10:18:28 PM
On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 13:54:01 -0800, Bikertex
<Bikertex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks so much for all your efforts.  I've tried the install both from 9.1
>with upgrade and straight from 10.1 and no luck.  Although the add-in shows
>in the Excel Options/Add-ins and I've tried browsing to it, no option for
>megastat ever shows in the add-in menu.  I've checked and rechecked and
>didn't miss it.  Thanks again.

Sorry it didn't work.  Maybe there's some issue with running it on the Mac.
--ron
0
Reply Ron 11/29/2009 11:43:07 PM
I will give that a try.   I am running a mac, although I'm running megastat
on excel 2007 on the windows xp partition.  I would think it would perform
like regular Windows, but I know next to nothing about macs, so could easily
be wrong.

"Bernie Deitrick" wrote:

> From Ron's first link:
>
> >> http://www.unf.edu/coas/math-stat/downloads.html
>
> "If you are using a Mac, please contact McGraw-Hill directly. We are not
> aware of a Mac version for MegaStat."
>
> Bernie
>
> .

0
Reply Utf 11/30/2009 12:30:01 AM
Follow
Email

Syntax to add image to invoice
I would like to add a logo image that is different from my company logo to my invoices. I have certain products that are certified by various organizations and I want to put the logos of those certifying organizations on the bottom of my invoice. I have put the logos in my \store operations\pictures directory, but I cannot figure out the XML syntax that I need to use in order to make the images show up on the invoice. Any suggestions? Thanks, Paul I suggest you to use Receipt printer from STAR TSP100 series, It has futurePRNT software that allow you to add image to the bottom of your ...

Excel 1004 Error When Pasting Special W/ Macro
Hi all, I'm looking for some help with this macro...it has me really confused because it was working earlier, but now it hangs on this line of code (it is asterisked below) Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ False, Transpose:=False This macro runs when the workbook opens and copies the contents of one sheet and pastes only the values to another sheet. The range that is being copied from and pasted to are both the same size. I have also tried this by selecting the upper-leftmost cell in the area I want to paste to but it has ...

How to add and fill in comments column in a mail folder?
I use a few mail folders to store vendor quotes and purchasing documents. I often refer to these messages and would like to have a way to label each message, as to its contents, in the folder view. I have no problem adding a column to my display, I just can not figure out how to get my info into the column. On the Other Settings dialog for the view, turn on in-cell editing. Once you do that, you'll be able to type the information in the view. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators ...

Can no longer add select pictures to add in PUBLISHER 2003
I can no longer add pictures to a publishing document also I can no longer save a publishing document - I get a don't have enough memory message. How big is that file? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "vc826" <vc826@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:337835A2-EB99-4160-BE31-60C45A84C298@microsoft.com... >I can no longer add pictures to a publishing document also I can no longer > save a publishing document - I get a don't have enough memory message. every file I can...

Excel is Gone
I have Office 2004 for my Mac laptop. I ran the Microsoft updater last night, bringing it completely up-to-date, but after the installation, Excel seems to have been uninstalled. I can't find it anywhere on my hard disk and the shortcut to it on the dock is now dead. I would just re-install, but I don't have the Office 2004 disk. This is just completely bizarre to me. Has anyone heard of this happening before? Any suggestions? If it's not in the Trash, then sorry, it has indeed gone! I assume you have run a Search of your hard disk for "Excel"? If it's not t...

Error when trying to add an attribute
When I or anyone else with administrative privledges try to add or customize an attribute, table, etc. we get the following message: /_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=Not%20available&errMessage=Method%20not%20found%3A%20Void%20Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.AttributeInfo.set_Searchable(Boolean). We've always been able to do this before. Does anyone know how this can be fixed? I just installed the CRM Rollup for the server and client and it didn't help. Thanks, see the reason and fix, hopefull it will help you http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934690 -- Regards, MS CRM Certifi...

how do I get a new row to add to a column automatically?
I want to know how I can get a new row to add at the end of my data entry w/o having to manually click "insert" "rows". In column A, there are entries in rows 1-20. The TOTAL of these rows is displayed in row 22 of column A. At this point I have 1 more row to enter data before there are no rows between the data entries and the total. This will be a column that gets multiple entries, and the TOTAL row will need to move down to allow for more data. HOW do I get rows to add automatically when I need them, instead of having to manually "insert" "rows&...

My tab key in Excel advances from column A to column T.
How can I correct this so that my tab key advances me to the adjacent column? H Larson schreef: > How can I correct this so that my tab key advances me to the adjacent column? Format > Column > Unhide? Bart Snel Uncheck "transition navigation keys" under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "H Larson" <H Larson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF020CAF-C992-4496-8767-6594D8353FF8@microsoft.com... > How can I correct this so that my tab key advances me to the adjacent column? ...

Excel file format problem
I have an Excel file on a floppy that was created in the year 2000 on a (now deceased) computer with WIN98 and Office 2000. I just tried to open it on my Panasonic Toughbook with WIN98, also Office 2000. The Excel refuses to open it, saying "file format is not valid". In spite of that, the Toughbook successfully copied it from the floppy onto the hard disk using My Computer. I copied that one onto another floppy and successfully opened it on my main computer with Office 2000 and XP. So how could the file format be a problem? The Excel on my Toughbook works fine with other files. It...

How do I data transfer from Iseries in Excel 2003?

Printing Doubel-sided in Excel
Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR C3220 (PS3 driver) or is this a feature not supported by Excel. Hi Anthony This is a printer setting. If your printer have this option it must work Another option is to do it with code http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#odd -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Anthony Spartalis" <anthony_spartalis@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ORn5khavFHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Has anyone experienced issues attempting to print double-sided in Excel using a Canon IR ...

Add a field to my Publisher Master Page so page titles show up?
I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? Greg <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to add a field to my Master Page so iterive page titles > automatically fillin the field. How do I do this? This is, unfortunately, not possible in Publisher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ ...

Cannot Add Error Bars for individual data points!
I work in a research lab, and need to make a simple column chart. However, each column is an average value so error bars are needed. Not only that, but I have subsets of data-the same readings taken at different times. Thus I have Null and Dose readings for 0 hours and 24 hours. I have nicely gotten the 0 hour and 24 hour sets to become set apart in the graph display with the proper Null and Dose values next to each other. The 0 and 24 hours are written under the pairs of bars. However, I need to add error bars to each bar individually, but Excel will only let me add to "series&quo...

Add Address Books for Everyone
I have a simple task that I do not know how to complete. I have Exchange 2003 with XP Clients. I'd like to be able to make a custom address book that is available to all users. This address book would appear in Microsoft Outlook for all users. They can select the Global Address List, their own Contacts, or this other Address book that I want to configure. How can I accomplish this? Thank you PM On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 07:11:07 -0700, "PM" <PM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a simple task that I do not know how to complete. > >I have Exchange 2003 w...

Open and closing Excel
Hi Can anyone help with the attached error message? I am using Excel 2000 I get the message each time I open and close Excel Regards:confused: Attachment filename: errormessage.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=397805 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ http://snipurl.com/3nvm google threads discussing this problem and fixes. Actually you could have described the error message without the attachment. Most people won't open attachments for fear of Viruses. I am fearless(or not too bright)! Gord Dibben ...

MegaStat
What is MegaStat and how do I use it? It sounds like some kind of add-in. It is not part of Excel itself. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "vjsri" <vjsri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5A2DC13-F9A5-4B6D-A8F3-5AE517273936@microsoft.com... > What is MegaStat and how do I use it? > ...

Problem opening Excel 2003 workbooks
I can open a new workbook on Excel 2003 and complete a spreadsheet to give me the results I need. I then save it and close it. When I go back to open it I get a message that says "The file cannot be opened because your virus software has detected a problem with the file". Any ideas? ...

Adobe PDF add-on keeps crashing
I am using MS Word 2007 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional. For some reason, when I try using the Convert to PDF add-on, Word keeps crashing and when it restarts it asks if I want to disable the add-on. I've tried it both ways... I've disabled the add-on and then I have to print to PDF rather than do a straight conversion... and I've left the add-on enabled. I estimate it crashes about 50% of the time. It doesn't seem to matter what the document size is, it crashes with large documents and with very small documents. Any ideas?? I would suggest contacting Adobe as ...

add fields in records
Hi, I am new at this and I am having some difficulty adding new fields (eg: in Contacts records). I have followed the online help instructions, ie 'Settings > System Customization > Contacts > Customize forms > Add Field'. The fileds are added without any problems but they are not displayed when I am trying to say add a new Contact. Are there any other steps that need to be done? tks and rgds. Hi Eddie, I'm assuming that you are just adding fields for attributes that have already been created in the underlying entity (ie fields that exist in the database, but do...

field-excel
I have a excel sheet whose one column has a drop down box.By clicking on a slection from drop down box excel sheet shows data belonging to that filed( may be this is called pivot i m not sure).I need to print the list of the seletions in the drop down box. for ex. when from discription drop down box driver for AOM is selected. MODEL NUMBER DESCRIPTION MANUFACTURER 21027-1AS DRIVER FOR AOM NEOS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. 21027-1AS DRIVER FOR AOM NEOS TECHNOLOGIES, INC. when from discription drop down box dual band switch is selected. MODEL NUMBER DESCRIPTION MANUFACTURER SWS16103 DUAL BAND SWITCH J...

Excel 2000 Help
When I go into Excel Help, the font in the contents pane is so small I can barely read it. How do I change that? Try going into Internet Explorer. Select the View menu and then Text Size. Change it to Largest. Close down Excel Help and then open it again. >-----Original Message----- >When I go into Excel Help, the font in the contents pane >is so small I can barely read it. How do I change that? >. > Note: This will also affect the font size in Internet Explorer If you have a mouse with a scrolling wheel: 1. Hold the Ctrl key on the keyboard 2. Roll the scrolling whe...

Formatting the Date in Excel
Is there any way in Excel that I can format the Date so I don't have to type any slashes between the month and day? In other words, I would like to be able to type in 0714 press "enter" and have excel recognize that this is 07/14/2005 without typing in 07/14. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Short of writing code, you could enter your numerics only date in cell A1, for instance: 07142005. Then in B1 write a formula: =mid(A1,1,2)&"/"&mid(A1,3,2)&"/"&left(A1,4) Then you could copy column B and paste as values into their req...

add email accounts to outlook that are not msn
I have recently purchased outlook 2003 to organize my mail. I have my hotmail account set up in outlook but I would like to add my verizon email account. Is this possible since I receive the msn service through verizon? I don't see why not...get the POP3/SMTP or IMAP server names from Verizon and go ahead and set up your account. Outlook is not a client only for Microsoft's own e-mail accounts; it works with just about any ISP. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the...

Charts.Add error '1004' Method 'Add' of object 'Sheets' failed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C72AAE.BC10EB50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1250" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable The below code was placing a chart on the activesheet by calling data = from=20 that sheet. But all of a sudden i now get an error. The only thing i have changed in the workbook was a code for protecting = and=20 unprotecting the workbook. I have removed these codes to try to get this chart code to work, but i=20 cannot get rid of this error now. Can anyone see if i have accidently altered thsi code b...

add lines to PO's by Supplier Reorder number.
IN RMS, the Purchase Orders need to be able to search by the Supplier's Reorder numbers. If you are looking through a vendor's catalog, and see something you want, the Vendor's reorder number is going to be what is listed. If you try to type in that number, the PO doesn't know what you want. But that is exactly why you go through the trouble of adding the Supplier and supplier's reorder number to an item's detail. From the Purchase Order screen, my clients want to be able to enter the reorder number OR get to a screen that will show just the suppliers inventor...