Macro for floating button

I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?

Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert
<Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
>would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
>I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?

0
Gord
1/21/2010 4:46:14 PM
An alternative is to put the button on a custom toolbar, since toolbars are
easy to float.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert
> <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
> >would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
> >I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?
>
> .

Put it on a modeless userform. Or onto the ribbon.

HTH. Bst wishes Harald

"Gilbert" <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
> would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
> I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?

0
Harald
1/21/2010 7:38:17 PM
I apologize for not responding sooner but I still wanted to thank you for
your suggestion.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert
> <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
> >would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
> >I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?
>
> .

I apologize for not responding sooner but I still wanted to thank you for
your suggestion.  But how can I make the toolbar float in 2007?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

> An alternative is to put the button on a custom toolbar, since toolbars are
> easy to float.
> --
> Gary''s Student - gsnu200909
>

> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
> > Place the button in row 1 then freeze panes.
> >

> > Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >
> > On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:12:04 -0800, Gilbert
> > <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
> > >would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
> > >I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?
> >
> > .

I apologize for not responding sooner but I still wanted to thank you for
your suggestion.  I'm not familiar with modeless userform, how do I use that?

"Harald Staff" wrote:

> Put it on a modeless userform. Or onto the ribbon.
>
> HTH. Bst wishes Harald
>
> "Gilbert" <Gilbert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I created a macro and assigned it to a form button in excel 2007.  What I
> > would like if for this button to move (up or down) the same direction that
> > I'm scrolling.  Is this possibly?
>
> .

If all your users are running xl2k or higher, you can add a parm on the .show
statement.

UserForm1.Show False

See VBA's help for more info.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Constant    Value          Description
vbModal       1      UserForm is modal. Default.
vbModeless    0      UserForm is modeless.

So I should have suggested:
UserForm1.Show vbmodeless

(False will be treated as 0, so it'll work, but it's less descriptive.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

Macro warning with no macros

Macro

Stupid 'Copy' button
Hi, Why does RMS preserve quantity and commited values & serial numbers (amongst others) when you are use the 'copy' function for setting up a new code - this is crazy!!!! Is there an SQL script available I can use to set the correct committed values for any items which have been created by the 'copy' button? I am going to have to tell the customer perform a physical inventory to get the quantity on hand values correct - but committed is more important to fix straight away as they use this for ordering purposes. Can anyone help me? Regards, Jason. ...

Macro

Help with macro/and or formula?

Attached Toolbars Macros

Run macro automatically.

Protected sheets and running macros

Manual check payment (apply button grayed out)
Hi all, This is probably an easy fix but i can figure it out. I'm trying to enter a manual check payment but when i select the vendor the Apply button is unavailable. The company has a functional curreny of USD, the vendor and checkbook id are in GBP. The company has access to GBP currency. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. On May 27, 12:42=A0am, rev1976 <keviny...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > This is probably an easy fix but i can figure it out. I'm trying to enter= a manual check payment but when i select the vendor the Apply button is un= ava...

Shaded buttons
As I recall, I used to be able to give my buttons a special effect that made them look raised -- there was shading. I don't seem to be able to do that with buttons any more. Am I just crazy? Was that only in VB world? Using Access 2007, by the way "So Call Me Crazy" <SoCallMeCrazy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > As I recall, I used to be able to give my buttons a special effect that made > them look raised -- there was shading. I don't seem to be able to do that > with buttons any more. Am I just crazy? Was that only in VB world? There's...

Macro Freezes Reading Pane

Macro to remove rows?

Calling on a macro within a macro!

shortcut keys to macros

help Unable to record Macro !!!!!!!

Macro that password protects a sheet

Footer Macro?
Hi Months ago I read a Public Sub Macro that read the selection of a drop down list in a combo box and placed it in the center Footer at the same time it also placed the date in the right Footer and tme in the left footer. I have searched most of the regular sites including this one and cannot find it anywhere --- Can anyone help with my search. Any help much appreciated Cheers ---- Mully ...

Excel button problem

Keyboard Shortcut in Macro
Hi all i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it to Ctrl+z how can i do it . regards Tools-->Macro-->Macros. Select (don't open!) your macro, and hit the Options button. :) ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "osaka78" <osaka78@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1721A458-212D-4446-8209-494A459EE428@microsoft.com... > Hi all > i'v created macro with Keyboard Shortcut Ctrl+b . now i want to change it > to > Ctrl+z > how can i do it . > > regards THE MACRO IS NO...

Macros have been disabled but there is no macro
when I open a specific doc the info bar at the top says "Macros have been disabled", but when I hit Alt+F11 I can't find any VB or a module to remove. Why is it telling me about macros? Other docs don't give me this prompt. I thought I might have to enable macros to see the code. When I enabled macro, it said "do you want to save changes to this doc?" it flickered and came back as if immediately reopened. Any ideas? I could copy and paste the text into a new doc but I'd be interested to be able to strip off this problem. The doc is an internal IT ...

Run multiple Macros or macros from within other macros ?
I would like to run multiple macros at startup. What code should be used in the Private Sub Application_Startup command in the ThisOutlookSession area ? If the names of my macros were below what would the code to look like ? Macro1 Macro2 Macro3 I have looked at the samples from previous posts and cannot determine how to make them apply specifically to my needs. In Excel you can use the Run "Macro1" line and it would run that macro. Run does not work in Outlook I suppose because I kept getting an error. **** Also - What code is needed to execute a macro from w...

command button for save
ive created a form in microsoft access 2003. that is the blank form n will be use as a new data entry form. then, ive created a command button for the saving data purpose. but i dont know the coding for the saving purpose. i want to save it to my database. how can i do that? On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:09:57 -0800 (PST), ngeng ngok <ngeng4@gmail.com> wrote: >ive created a form in microsoft access 2003. that is the blank form n >will be use as a new data entry form. then, ive created a command >button for the saving data purpose. but i dont know the coding for the >savi...

Startup macro
Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is opening. I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic started. Zeno option explicit sub auto_Open() call yourspecificmacronamehere end sub Zeno wrote: > > Is it possible for automatic start of macro in moment when excel file is > opening. > I mean when I open excel file specific macro will be immediately automatic > started. > > Zeno -- Dave Peterson ...

Macro Question #8
Hi: I have a group of several files with a simple macro that automatically goes to a specific worksheet at the time the file is opened. The code is as follows: Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets ("TITLE").Select Range ("a1").Select End Sub The macro works properly when a single file is opened, but when I try to open several of the files at the same time I get the following error message: Run Time Error 1004 Select method of Worksheet Class Failed All of the files do open, but the macro appears to run on only the first file selected. All of the other files open ...

Comman Button
I am totally new at using the comman button. I have an excel spreadsheet that i have created and there are 4 other tabs at the bottom however i would like to have on the main page a Command button (i think that is what i would need) so that when a person clicks on that button it will take them to the tab at the bottom that i have now hidden. I guess i have two questions 1. Is the command button what i need and 2 i have no clue how or where to even enter the formula or what formula to use please help... -- Thank you, Brenda Brenda A formula won't help you. A formula can't ...