How to fix a number of rows below the selected cells?

I am working with Excel such that I need to see the values 10 rows below the
current selected cell.

But whenever I proceed down the worksheet, I eventually left with last row
on the screen before the worksheet scrolls and stay there.

How can I set a minimum number of rows to always appear below my selected
cell?

Currently the scroll lock has the desired effect, only the scroll lock never
move the selected cells in response to the keyboard.

Read text as a cell for a formula
I have two formulas in two cells, one spitting out a value for a colum (A) and the other a value for a row (2). In the a third cell I'm addin the letter and number together to create a cell address (A2). I want t use this information in a fourth cell for a formula (=A2*$B$10). But, how do I get Excel to recognize the text "A2" as a value for cell and then add A2 (or whatever the third cell may be) in to formula? Any help? Thanks, Nat -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Nate try =INDIRECT(A4)*$B$10 where A4 stores your cell reference as text, e.g. 'A2&...

Finding the last row in a spreadsheet
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped. I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells all have a function in them presently like =IF(C8>0,SUM(B8:C8)," ") presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D350>0),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the cells have a value (the function above). How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space &...

Port number
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C51EC9.F5678870 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my frineds is able to use the Microsoft Office Outlook Live fine = from his house. When he goes to his office and accesses it, he is = getting an error message 0x80040126 while trying to send and receive = emails in MOOL. The only reason why this could happen that i can think = of is the firewall. Is there any other reason why this could not work = fine? Is there somebody here who knows about the...

Subtract two numbers
hi I have a stock table with fields like qty rcvd, allocated and left. i want to put in a java script which says left = rcvd - allocated. these fields are type int in the crm entity. below is what i have but doenst work. can someone please help var QR = crmForm.all.new_quantityreceived.DataValue; var A = crmForm.all.new_allocated.Datavalue; var QL = crmForm.all.new_quantityleft.DataValue; if (crmForm.all.new_quantityreceived.DataValue !=null) { QL = QR - A; } regards and thanks in advance ridhima 1. Typo: var A = crmForm.all.new_allocated.Datavalue; This should be: var A = crmForm.a...

Circular reference, Maximum number of formulas
I have come across a spreadsheet in Excel 2000 which exceeds the 65536 number of formulas that Excel's dependency table can keep track of. The consequence is that 'Calculate' is permanently diplayed in the status bar, AND (much more important), it cannot keep track of circular references. By opening the file on my machine with Excel 2003 SP3, I was able to locate the circular references and correct them. What is the max number of formulas that Excel 2003 can track in its dependency database? What about 2007 does that increase the number of formulas that can be tracked? Th...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Help with Rules: can't select Public Folders.
Does anyone know why it's sometimes possible, but not always, to use a rule to move or copy a message to a public folder? I don't seem to be able to select the public folder; I can select it, but it doesn't stick. The inconsistency is a bit weird. I can't even make a, 'from scratch' exact copy of a currently working rule that moves a message to a public folder. Weird! -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond do you have full permission on the folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Automatic resizing of cell
I use Excel for my job. When I enter a long text sentence into a cell that is larger than the cell, it gets covered up because the text wrapping is on. I want the sentence to wrap around to the next line, but Excel doesn't automatically adjust the size of the cell when it sees that the text is longer. I end up printing out my work and only half of the sentence is there. I can resize it myself, but I want Excel to resize it when it sees that it's covering it. I can't see why anyone would actually WANT Excel to cover it up. Which version of Excel are you using. I'm u...

Page Numbers in Cells
This is what I am doing.... I have a monthly document (identical in appearance but not content) which can expand or shrink dependant on the number of items which are added to it. The top section is printed on each page and one of the cells needs to state the page number… ie Page 1 of 2 etc. Is there a formula that can be put in the cell that registers the printed page number? Dave Why not put the page number in the header or footer. Got to Page Setup and the Header/Footer Tab. Select the pull down menu for header or footer and page # is an option. "DC appleyards" <...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

sum column based on single cell match?
This seems so simple and yet the solution eludes me... In row 2 I want Excel to match a cell's contents (ex: find 3200). Once finding the column that matches, I want it to sum rows 3:94. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Something like this: =SUM(INDEX(A3:G94,,MATCH(3200,A2:G2,0)) In this example, you have columns A-G for your data. -- Best Regards, Luke M "adodson" <adodson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7C768FE-2ED0-4FB4-881E-CDC9C7CE75DB@microsoft.com... > This seems so simple and yet the solution eludes me... ...

can Excel randomly sort numbers
I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in Excel or any office application? "gasmith" <gasmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A905226-47EA-4EE3-BADE-E22A58A1C15E@microsoft.com... > I would like to sort numbers in a random sequence. How can I do that in > Excel or any office application? Yes. Assuming that your numbers are in column A, insert =Random() in column B. Drag this function downwads so that you have as many calls to Random as you have numbers to sort randomly. Select columns A and B Select Tools|Sort and sor...

Selecting a Range of Columns for Variable Rows
I want to do something like this: Select a sheet for row=3 to 17 select cells A:F copy the cells Select A2 on another sheet Paste what I copied. Shift down 1 row next row. I have verything down pretty well except selecting A:F for each row as it comes up. I would appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks. -- BillR It would be helpful if you post the code you have so far. It helps to fill in the gaps in your narrative. "BillR" <BillR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCB74376-35D4-4426-8DFC-23B2565A9323@microsoft.com... >I want ...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Deleting row produces #REF error
I have a column with percentages. The top number is based on the SUM of the lower column cells. I have, =SUM(1-F5-F6-F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% For example, I want to delete the row containing 10.00% and have the calculation still be correct, but I get a #REF error. Is there some way to do this without getting the error. hello, Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) Charabeuh wrote: > hello, > > Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) > Yes, Very nice. Thank you ...

Row numbers
Row numbers are not consecutive (jumps from row 3 to row 8). To the best of my knowledge I've never done anything (like hiding) that would cause this condition. Do you have a data filter on? Regardless of what caused it, did you try unhiding the rows? Regards, Fred "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07F09C85-E600-4684-920F-44F5CB8A1D1D@microsoft.com... > Row numbers are not consecutive (jumps from row 3 to row 8). To the best > of > my knowledge I've never done anything (like hiding) that would cause this...

WHY select the first item didn't receive OnPaint in LISTCTRL!
hello everyone, I write a custom listctrl inherit from the CListCtrl( MFC ). I don't use CUSTOMDRAW and OWNDRAW, and rewrite the OnPaint fucntion. The OnPaint function like this: void CListCtrlST::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting ///////////////////////////////////////////////// CRect rtList; GetClientRect( &rtList ); CDC* pDC = &dc; CMemDC memDC( pDC, &rtList ); // double buffer..... memDC.SetBkMode( TRANSPARENT ); // don't use the system paint, because it's too slow... // if you resize the listctrl...

Copy Only Visible Cell
Hi Everyone, Is it posible to copy a block of cels with combined hidden collumn and row to another sheet or cells without those hidden field to be copied ? When i try to copy this kind of cells to another sheets/cells, excel copy all cells including the hidden cells. I just want to copy cels that is visible not including those hidden cells, Is there a way around this ? Thanks in Advance Hi Robert, Select the desired range. Click Edit - Go To. Click Special then select Visible Cells Only then OK. Copy the selected range. David In article <1125983768.158532.315240@g44g2000cwa.goog...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Creating a chart with text not numbers
How do I create a chart that has text values (freshman, sophomore, junior, senior) instead of numbers (1, 2, 3, 4)? I have a column labeled "What is your class standing?" and below it is 166 rows where people selected "Freshman," "Sophomore," etc. I want to create a bar chart that counts how many people selected each of the four classes. Thanks, Alan First of all, you will have numbers to plot. The words are your category labels. Read how to turn a column of words like this into a histogram: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Histograms.html - Jon...

How do I generate automatic invoice numbers in excel
I want to be able to generate the next sequential number of an invoice when I open excel to type/print a new invoice. some wise soul had shared this in some other post, i am posting it here seemingly, it helps create automatic sequencing in cell A1 on Sheet1. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Const DEFAULTSTART As Integer = 1 Const MYAPPLICATION As String = "Excel" Const MYSECTION As String = "myInvoice" Const MYKEY As String = "myInvoiceKey" Const MYLOCATION As String = "A1" Dim regValue As Long With ThisWorkbook.Sheets(1).Range(MYLOCATION) If .Text <&...

Confusing output from cells
:confused: I have made a spreadsheet that is gathering details from the user an then forming a string. However, in the 6th section of 8 it is causing problems. the formulas are all much the same. an example is shown below:- =if(b268="","",f88) Now, B268 is empty, so the "" criteria is met, but instead of bein nothing, the spreadsheet is counting this as a space, so that when th text is pasted into another program, extra spaces are added! However the Len of the above cell is 0, meaning it has no value whatsoever. Does anyone know anything about this? Than...

Insert rows with Formulas
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet that starting at row 18 contains the following information A18=M$2 B18= Datavalidation indirect ($M$2) C18=IF(B18="No More Options",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),IF(B19<2,VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE),CONCATENATE(B19," x ",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),1,FALSE))) E18=IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)),"",VLOOKUP($B18,INDIRECT(CONCATENATE($M$2,"_info")),2,FALSE)*B19) G18=C...