how do I unshare an excel file?

I have a shared file but I want to unshare it.
Is there any easy way to do this?

Press Alt+T+B>>Editing>>UNCHECK the “Allow changes by more than one User at
the same time.  This also allows workbook merging” and give Ok.

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Me" wrote:

> I have a shared file but I want to unshare it.
> Is there any easy way to do this?
EXCEL 2007

Review / Changes group / Share Workbook / Editing tab - remove the tick
(check) from the field called:-

Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This also allows
workbook merging.

 - field.

Thanks.

"Me" wrote:

> I have a shared file but I want to unshare it.
> Is there any easy way to do this?

Changing language in Excel
Hi My Microsoft Office seems to be in German, is there a way of changing it back to english? I've been to setlang.exe, but its in german, and nothing I do seems to change it Thanks Hi AFAIK no way to change this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Astron Pantingtons" <astropants@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:c78ee354.0405270546.de31413@posting.google.com... > Hi > > My Microsoft Office seems to be in German, is there a way of changing > it back to english? > > I've been to setlang.exe, but its in german, and nothing I do seems t...

Excel 2007
How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Use File | Save As; specify Excel 97-2003 format in the Type box. Now it is ready to email best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B337E4C0-DB2D-4EE9-AB8A-F07635DC4C17@microsoft.com... > How do i convert excel 2007 files to excel 2000 files and mail it Office button>Save as>Excel97-2003 workbook -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Vishwas" <Vishwas@discus...

Defrag
Hi, I am trying to defrag one of the Exchange database stores. The problem is that the filename has a space between words and the ESEUTIL kicks back an error. Quesitons: Can I safely rename the database (ex: 'North West.edb' to 'NorhtWest.edb') file name? or Is there way to make ESEUTIL see that there is a space between the two words? I currently have the stores offline and need to proceed with this defrag... Please help, thanks, Mel solved: If I put the path in full quotes it works. ex: c:\eseutil /d "F:\North West.edb" It works fine... Mel &q...

Excel Counts Cells
Can anyone tell me the formula to have Excel count cells? If I have 100 different values or names, can I put a formula in a cell to count the number values or names? Thanks for your help!! Go to XL help and read up on COUNT, COUNTA, and COUNTIF. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone tell me the formula to have Excel count cells? If I have 100 >different values or names, can I put a formula in a cell to count the number >values or names? Thanks for your help!! >. > =counta(a1:A100) will count the number of cells with something in them (valu...

SAVING EXCEL FILE AS .CSV
I'm trying to save an excel file in .csv format with Excel 2003. After I get out of the file and get back in the format of the cells has changed. For instance, one column has all 4 digit numbers most of which have "0" as the first digit. The .csv file has omitted all of the zero's. It has also changed several of the cells to a date format. Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening? Thanks, Dwayne Dwayne, It's probably not the saving as csv that's changing your data, but the way Excel treats it when you reopen it with Excel. Try opening it with N...

End of file error message when starting outlook express for mac
hi - my version of outlook express will not open - im running osx 3.2 and my outlook express runs under classic - i have read the article 296844 and done all the suggestions eg deleting the preferences file in the active identity and deleting the outlook express preferences in the system/prefences folder - outlook express still does not work hope someone can help kind regards nuxes <nuxes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi - my version of outlook express will not open - im running osx 3.2 > and my outlook express runs under classic Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. ...

How to use Excel in vc?
I am heard that it can use excel in vc,I want to use it,because I have a database of access and I want to display chart like excel,but I don't find a example like it,who could help me?thank you. "LeeTow" <fbjlt@pub3.fz.fj.cn> wrote in message news:%23jwhxUimEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am heard that it can use excel in vc,I want to use it,because I have > a database of access and I want to display chart like excel,but I don't > find a example like it,who could help me?thank you. > Lee Microsoft have information on their web site Try these: http:...

File close excel does not ask me to save changes
Does anyone know how to turn on the alert which comes up to ask you if you want to save changes, when you do File Close in Excel, but you have unsaved changes. It currently just closes the workbook and I lose all my changes. I am working in Excel 2002. perhaps in one of the macros there is a code statement application.displayalerts=false and there is no statement at the end (which it should have had ) application.displayalerts=true. Now try typing this code aopplication.displayalerts=true in the immediate window and keep thecursor at the end of the line and hit enter do you get the aler...

how to make a cell or a row in excel blink !
Now, I'm using Ms Excel version 2002. A row or Some rows of my Excel file need blink to watch them easily, how to make it ? Thanks a lot for listening to me. 'VBA CODE EXAMPLES ' 'Created by Bill Manville ' 'To create a blinking cell: ' 'If you define a new Style (Format / Style / Flash/ Add ) and apply 'that style to the cells you want to flash, paste the following code 'into a module sheet and run the procedure Flash from Auto-Open if 'desired you will get the text flashing alternately white and red. Dim NextTime As Date Sub Flash() NextTime...

where can I purchase Excel 2000 or excel 97?
Hello, everybody, and good afternoon. My friend has an old computer, and is taking a beginning Excel class. She would like to practice using the software at home. She doesn't need a full-blown version of Excel (her old system probably couldn't handle it anyway), she probably needs something like Excel 2000 or Excel 97. Do you have any suggestions on where she can purchase this product (physical stores, not online) in the Los Angeles area? If so, please contact me at SimAnt626@yahoo.com. Another thing: why can't I send an e-mail to Microsoft on this? I click on the &q...

Hitting a wall in excel
I know there's some limits in excel related to total number of worksheets, total different "types" of formatting, probably total named ranges (although I've never hit that one)... But there must be some others because we're bumping up against some odd behavior... We have a sheet that copies off copies of a template sheet and renames them... the code looks something like this: Sheets("Sheet1").Copy After:=Sheets(3) Here's as thorough a description of the actual behavior as I can give: User adds numerous duplicate tabs. At 35 duplicates (which, if it matte...

Mac Excel 2008
Greetings, I mad a chart (in Excel 2003 on Windows) to analyze a fairly large set of scienctific data. The data evolves over time. In such a situation I like to create simple animations which show how the data evolves over time. I have done this many times using simple VBA macros. My problem now is that a colleague of mine uses a Mac and has Excel 2008 which is crippled w.r.t. VBA. My macro was just a simple time loop that updated the contents of a certain cell 10 times per second, after which spreadsheet formulas involving named ranges control what data is actually plotted. I read online tha...

Print dialog box using VBA in excel
Hi Everyone, I like to add a print button (that will select several worksheets and print them) in my excel worksheet. I have recorded my action using the macro recorder the problem is I can't select the printer everytime I run the macro it print in the background without asking the user to select the printer and uses the default printer. Can anyone help?? I just want the user to be able to select the desired printer every time before printing. My current code: Sub Print_All() Sheets(Array("Sheet 1", "Sheet 2", "Sheet 3", "Sheet 5)).Select 'intent...

Excel to Lotus
Is there a way to convert an MS Excel spreadsheet to Lotus? I have saved an Excel file, but it's Read Only for some reason, and doesn't function properly. Thanks Kevin In Excel, File > Save As. In the "Save as type" box select a Lotus format and click on Save. If you don't understand what the problem is in Excel, how can converting it to Lotus help? Is it read-only because someone else has it open? -- Regards Andy Wiggins www.BygSoftware.com Home of "Save and BackUp", "The Excel Auditor" and "Byg Tools for VBA" "xippy"...

Windows CE SD Card driver : IsValidFileInfo : Invalid File Info
Hi All, I am getting debug error as FATFS : IsValidFileInfo : Invalid File Info when i connect target and PB through file viewer,and copy the file to SD Card folder. It tells to search path for Volume.cpp file. c:\ymzki\private\winceos\coreos\fsd\exfat But i coundnt find it. Why It is invalid file info.What is the problem? Any file format or some.I am not getting any idea. And first time its work without any problem.When i try to load image again and try to copy files in sd card. And one more issue is the previous files which i copied get deleted or someting i cant see them in se...

Excell formula
How do I set a Excel fomula for Win/Lose calculation please ie in a racing betting record, entering W or L in a colunm. Im usuing Excel 2002 What do you want to calculate, Dusty? For instance, =if(a2>a3,"W","L") could work, but I have no idea what constitutes a win or loss. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Dustywm" <Dustywm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F645A35-D607-4C80-A1CF-2A061DD3DEDB@microsoft.com... > How do I set a Excel fomula for Win/Lose calculation please ie in a racing > betting record, entering W o...

Drawing vectors in Excel charts?
Group, Is there any way I can draw a vector in 2D or 3D (basically a line segment with an arrowhead) from one point in a 2D or 3D chart to another point, driven by a set of (x,y) or (x,y,z) that the user can modify? The user can change the values in the (x,y) or (x,y,z) cells and the vector(s) should redraw accordingly. Mike Hi Mike Is this what you mean, basically? Probably not. Create a XY-chart (Scatter) based on these data: X-value Building 0 0 6 0 6 6 3 10 0 6 0 0 6 6 0 6 6 0 Chimne...

Excel 2000 to Excel 2003
Hi: A friend is sending me a spreadsheet with formulas and macros created in Excel running on Windows 2000. I am running Windows XP with Excel 2003. Whenever I try to open his file, I am get two pop ups asking whether or not to disable macros. Regardles of how I answer, the spreadsheet eventually opens, but EXCEL says that the file was corrup and that it had to repair the file. The repaired file is non-functional because all the macros have been scripted. If I send the file back to the originator, he says it works fine. The file was sent to another person with Windows XP a...

Excel 2002 document not opening with a proper view in Excel 2003
On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin Depeter". You might want to widen the column. It might not have enough room to show the name. "taj" wrote: > > On opening an Excel 2002 document, I do not get the actual text in column > names or values. For example Name is showing as #NAME? and not "Kevin > Depeter". ...

Date and Day in Excel
I have 12 Sheets, each representing each month of the year...Jan, feb......Dec. I need Date and Day in 1st and 2nd colum of each sheet representing that month. Need to know how to formulate this...Thanks in advance for any help.. Hi try the following formula to get the first day of the current year for this montn: =DATEVALUE("1-" & RIGHT(CELL("filename",A1),LEN(CELL("filename",A1))-FIND ("]",CELL("filename",A1),1)) & "-" & TEXT(TODAY(),"YYYY") If you put this in cell A1 you could use the following formula in B...

Word X text converter for WordPerfect (wpd) files
Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect (spd) files? In article <0b1e01c39a76$b3cad9e0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "JPS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a text converter available for Word X that converts WordPerfect > (spd) files? No. Check out Dataviz' MacLinkPlus: http://www.dataviz.com/products/maclinkplus/ ...

replace phone text in several eml files how?
I have 400 eml files, those are some 200 floders with 2 email messages in each, basically a commercial response to answer repetitive emails quickly. The problem is I need to change the conact phone in those emails text, and doing one by one is a huge task. I couldn't find any way to search and replace that text in a quicker way. Is there any solution / workaround? Not that I know of. Maybe someone can come up with a script for this or have a better idea -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and ...

Description of Statistical functions in Excel 2002
Hello, I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in Excel 2002 Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a doc file or show me a website where this is shown? The Help function has a page with a listing and description of all the statistical functions. I hope someone can help me. Best regards, You can copy and paste the text from Help into Word. Jerry Erik Gerets wrote: > Hello, > > I am looking for the English description of the statistical functions in > Excel 2002 > > Could some one mail me the text of this help file in a d...

Excel question #5
I would like to click on a cell in excel, and have that value automatically entered into another cell location. Does anyone know how to do this? For example, I have numbers in cells D16 through N18. I would like to click on D16, which contains the number 18, for example, and have that number 18 automatically show up in another cell, lets say C12. Is this possible Thank you. Tom Yes. This is done with a Worksheet_ SelectionChange macro. Post back with more specifics of what you want to do. HTH Otto "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:735A...

saving video files posted on newsgroup
Hi, Does anyone know how to save video files (asf, rar, etc...) that are posted on the newsgroup as email messages? Thanks! Joe ...