how do I unshare an excel file?

I have a shared file but I want to unshare it.
Is there any easy way to do this?

Press Alt+T+B>>Editing>>UNCHECK the “Allow changes by more than one User at
the same time.  This also allows workbook merging” and give Ok.

"Me" wrote:

> I have a shared file but I want to unshare it.
> Is there any easy way to do this?
4/20/2010 11:25:01 AM
EXCEL 2007

Review / Changes group / Share Workbook / Editing tab - remove the tick
(check) from the field called:-

Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This also allows
workbook merging.

 - field.

"Me" wrote:

> I have a shared file but I want to unshare it.
> Is there any easy way to do this?

Bad performance when copying EFS-encrypted files
I have found what is probably a bug in Vista and/or Windows 7: when copying EFS-encrypted files to a different computer without EFS performance is severely degraded. This is caused by 30 second timeouts during which the copy target looks for non-existent domain controllers. I have described the issue and a workaround in detail here: ---- Please visit my blog at ...

Outlook Backup: ALl files, Rules, etc
If I use the Outlook Backup under the files menu will ALL the files and settigns associated with Outlook be backedup? For example will all my email rules be backedup. I am using a laptop and I am the only user. Dave <> wrote: > If I use the Outlook Backup under the files menu will ALL the files > and settigns associated with Outlook be backedup? Not all the files and settings, just the PST. > For example will all my email rules be backedup. > > I am using a laptop and I am the only user. Yes they will, because they're kept in the PST in...

.log files found in MDBDATA
Are these files important in running Exchange, can they be deleted? These are your Exchange transaction log files; do not interfere with them manually. You need to perform an online backup with an Exchange aware backup program. This will purge the log files on a nightly basis (assuming you choose a full or incremental backup). As a short-term measure, you could enable circular logging, but this will limit your ability to recover to the point of failure. You really need to look at your backup solution as a long-term fix. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "HenryG" <HenryG@di...

Embedding Excel charts in PowerPoint
I have an Excel spreadsheet that I update monthly with data. I also have a number of charts in the workbook that are linked to the data which update automatically when I enter additional data. The problem I am trying to solve is that when I embed the charts in PowerPoint each slide that contains a chart has to be edited individually when I add new data instead of being able to add the new data to one Excel data sheet. Another way to explain it is that I insert a Excel chart into a slide from the Excel file. I then go to a new slide and insert another chart and so on. I then ...

Preinstallation of INF File
Hello When an unknown USB device is plugged in, Windows 7 doesn't ask the user for a driver disk. But this was the way we recommended for our users on Windows XP. So I think on Windows 7 I need something like a setup.exe that preinstalls the driver INF file before the user plugs in the device. What is the easiest way to preinstall a USB driver on Windows 7? Do I have to write my own setup program and call some magic API functions? Or can I in some way use the Microsoft Installer? Any help appreciated. TIA -- Michael Reim Michael DOT Reim AT helmut-fischer DOT d...

How can I stop Excel 2003 from changing my hyperlinks on close?
I have a document with links to files on a shared network drive. On one computer the links get changed to local links on close. EG. I link to \\server\myfile It works fine till I close and I get /../../../myfile What is going on? A couple of people have posted that setting the hyperlink base will stop this "helpful" behavior. File|properties|summary tab Hyperlink Base: C:\ (C:\ should be available) blobaugh wrote: > > I have a document with links to files on a shared network drive. On one > computer the links get changed to local links on close. EG. > > I li...

I have numbers with 4 leading zeros and want to drop 3 - i've tried custom 0##### but the numbers seem to be formatted so that they won't change. How can I drop those 3 leading zeros I would suggest posting in an Excel group where you will find more people dealing with the program. I don't know what catagory your question would fall into, but you can start in: microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions or microsoft.public.excel.templates This group for Operating System questions instead of the Application. On 2010-06-08 15:43, Cheri wrote: > I have ...

How to update a portion of rows and columns between two files
I have a Master file with 20 columns of data for each of approximately 700 rows. Each month, I receive an update file that I need to use to update 10 columns of data for 3/4 of the rows in my Master file. There is a unique identifier in each file. Not all rows in the update file will be copied into the Master file and not all rows in the Master file will have updates. What is the best way to do this? I am familiar with VLookup. Shall I write aVLookup for each of the 10 columns in each row that need to be replaced so that I can grab the cell from the new file? Or, is there an easier way? ...

Too many .pst files
Greetings, I have just used the custom maintenance wizard to automatically set up my users' pop mail accounts (all they have to do is logon to the machine, doubleclick Outlook and all of their user & mail server info is automatically inputted) using outlook 2002. It worked well in theory, but everytime my users logon and open outlook 2002, another .pst file is created (ie outlook.pst, outlook1.pst, outlook2.pst etc), therefore their sent messages, addressbooks etc go missing. Why does outlook 2002 keep creating these new pst files, and how can I stop this in the future? Th...

Excel 97 Comment Display
Is there a way to cause a comment associated with the active cell only, to be visible, regardless of whether the mouse pointer is "hovering" over the cell? As the user "tabs" or "arrows" across the worksheet, I would like the comment for the active cell to pop up, while comments associated with the inactive cells remain invisible. One way: Put this in the worksheet code module (right-click the worksheet tab, choose View code and paste the sub into the window that opens): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange( _ ByVal Target As Excel.Ran...

Exporting From Access To Excel
Dears, I have a little problem, but I'm sure one of you would be able to solv my problem. I'm exporting a query (coming from a table) from Access to Excel, bu my problem is that when there's no value, there's nothing in the cell. But I would like to get 0 as no value in the cell. It's because this sheet is used daily to make sum's and I don't want t fill all the cell with zero. I'm sure it could be done automatically in excell or when exportin from Access. Thanks for your help. Cameri -- Message posted from Hi Cameric, Take a l...

help with email buttons in excel
Good Afternoon all. I am using excel to track merchandise and notify specific people upon its arrival... Currently I have a button per line that will execute code to send an email to an individual listed in the adjoining cell... problem is that to have that many individual buttons creates long open and close times for the ap.(recreating the same code for each button and just change the one cell (email address location)) how can I create a function (module) that would allow me to pass the pertinent cell info to the function and send the email. thus having only 1 function but 20 buttons. any h...

Excel Scale to Fit problem
I have two computers, both with Vista, both with the same printer driver and version of Excel. When one user opens the file and prints the page breaks at row 66. When the other user prints the file it breaks at row 68. The file is set to a scale to fit of 65%. If the second user changes the scaling to 67% the same number of rows print. What factors influence the scaling. Like I stated above, same OS, same font (even check versions), same Excel, same printer and driver. -- Tim I have made no progress on this, has anyone else seen this problem? -- Tim "tboggs13&q...

How do you split the Y-axis on an Excel chart?
I've seen this done where the Y-axis is "split" to accommodate a big leap to a high number (outlier). Take a look at Jon Peltier's Broken Y axis documentation and see if it helps. "RickiRebel" <> wrote in message > I've seen this done where the Y-axis is "split" to accommodate a big leap to > a high number (outlier). ...

Speed up excel
I have an excel workbook that is 65295kb i would like to speed up what ever i action i choose, as you can imagine a workbook of that size when i make a significant action it really slows the applcation and the computer itself, is there anything that i can do to speed up the applicationor the actions that excel is making. Thanks Simon Hi Simon, You could check out my Excel speedup/bottleneck pages starting with Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel 2.1 now available "Simon Jelinek" <...

Saving dialog to file
Hi, I want to save some particular area of a dialog to BMP file. My requirment is not to save complete dialog to a BMP file. But I only want a rectangle inside my dialog to be saved. For example, ******************************************************************** * -------------- * * | A | * * | | B * * -------------- * * ...

Excel Number Entry Problem
I am using Excel in Office 2000. When I enter in a number such as 400 it will automatically reduce it to 40 in the cell. The last number i always dropped off. How do I correct this? I have even trie reinstalling Excel to see if that would help, but have had no luck Could this be a virus? Please help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from ~~View and post usenet messages directly from ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Go to the Tools menu, choose Op...

excel fails to launch
If I double click on an exisitn Excel file in say Windows Explorer, Excel opens but as a blank. The only way to open an existing file is through the File open menu option. Try this: <Tools> <Options> <General> tab, And *UNCHECK* "Ignore Other Applications". -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "NFEI" <> wrote in mess...

Excel opening old version of file
I have an excel attachment sent from a colleague via outlook 2003 email. The attachment sent from my colleague is version 12. The attachment opens on my pc as a previous version. It is version 11. When I forward the attachment to another colleague the attachment is version 12 as it should be. The problem as you can see is that my pc sees the attachment as an old version 11. It is a shared spreadsheet. I have deleted temp profile files and still the issue persists. Does anyone have any ideals? Ronnie You can redo regserver but my advice is always save to the HD and then open ...

Excel worksheets
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C50BB4.C0EEEE30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable How do I copy one excel worksheet and into another worksheet to make it = 1 worksheet? ------=_NextPart_000_002A_01C50BB4.C0EEEE30 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = chars...

can put buttons on same row as File Edit View Insert...?
Thanks for any help. I want to maximize the space I can look at a spreadsheet with Excel, and if possible, I would like to move the few buttons I use (ie trace dependent, font color, etc), on the same row as File Edit View Insert Format Tools Data Window Help. Then I could get one extra row for looking at spreadsheets. Is this possible? Thanks again. Tools|customize|commands tab Find your icons and drag them to the toolbar that you like. If your run out of room, show that dialog again (tools|customize), rightclick on the icon/words you want to change and shorten things up. Ian Elliott w...

In Excel, do a search across multiple tabs
I have a spreadsheet with about 16 tabs of informtion in it. I want to find different keyed in items on different tabs. Is there a way to do a cross tab search ? Try this Right-Click one of the sheets and click "Select All Sheets" on the shortcut menu, then perform your search. If any one of your sheets has more than one cell selected, this method won't work correctly. After selecting all sheets, press Ctrl+A to select all cells on all sheets to force the Find to search them all. If you are using XL97, the "select all sheets" method will not work. You can &quo...

excel 97 #19
I can't seem to understand the whole process for entering data in a worksheet and having it connect to a form (or vice versa). Can anyone give me a simple step by step on how to do this? I'm trying to create invoices. ...

cannot open excel file from as attachment
when i try to open the excel file and error message saying the operation failed, the email sent to me was HTML, please help What is the exact error message, please? ************ Anne Troy "Pegasus" <> wrote in message > when i try to open the excel file and error message saying the operation > failed, the email sent to me was HTML, please help ...

how to unshared
How to unshared workbook? Hi, In Excel 2007, Go to Review > Share workbook > Uncheck the Allow box -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP "Bingo" <> wrote in message > How to unshared workbook? Press Alt+T+B and Alt+A and hit Enter. -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "Bingo" wrote: > How to unshared workbook? ...