How do I stop blank workbook from opening when opening an existing

Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one.
 How do I make this go away?  Thanks.

It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' > 'Hide'
Micky

"kjg" wrote:

> Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one.
>  How do I make this go away?  Thanks.
I am having the same problem. This fix did not work. Any other suggestions?

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
> Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' > 'Hide'
> Micky
>

> "kjg" wrote:
>
> > Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one.
> >  How do I make this go away?  Thanks.
Append a  /e  to your command line for starting Excel

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e

To achieve this you would go into  My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>File
Types.

Scroll down to XLSX or whatever version you're using and select it.

Advanced>Click on "Open" and Edit.

Make sure the command line is as above depending upon version.

OK your way out.

You will probably achieve same thing by closing Excel and re-registering.

Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.

In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)>OK

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:48:01 -0800, blaketus
<blaketus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having the same problem. This fix did not work. Any other suggestions?
>
>"????? (????) ?????" wrote:
>
>> It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
>> Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' > 'Hide'
>> Micky
>>

>> "kjg" wrote:
>>
>> > Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one.
>> >  How do I make this go away?  Thanks.

0
Gord

Cannot open attachments
I'm running Office 97 and when I try to open an excel attachment in Outlook I get the error message in Excel saying "The system cannot find the file specified" I ahve gone to the options and 'Ignore other applications' is ticked, I have ran the excel.exe /unregserver and /regserver command and reticked 'Ignore other applications', but still the same problem. Any ideas would be grateful. All I can suggest is you try saving the attachments first- it could b xl can't "see" the outlook file. If you want more help you might want to try the outlo...

Opening JPG attachments
Lately I have been having problems opening attachments with jpg images. I have checked and double-checked my file associations and everything appears correct. When I attempt to open a jpg attachment, that box appears asking me if I want to open the attachment or save it to my hard disk. I don't remember that happening in the past. The jpg attachment would always open up in whatever photo program I had it defaulted to. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

function for last non-blank entry in column?
Is there a function that would return the value in the last non-blank cell in a colunm? example "a1" = 10, "a2" = 25, "a3" = 3, formula in "a10" would produce 3 then if later "a4" = 1, "a10" would automatically = 1 (in other words it's not Max, nor Min, nor Sum, nor Average etc) is that clear? thanks mark On Dec 26, 12:12=A0pm, "mp" <nos...@Thanks.com> wrote: > Is there a function that would return the value in the last non-blank cel= l > in a colunm? example > "a1" =3D 10, > "...

Null Value for Blank Date Range
Hello, I am having an issue with a query I have built. I have a query which searches through a table and returns a couple of fields, one of which is called DateOfWork. The query is run when a form is filled in by the user. The user has the option to specify a date range on the form (text boxes) or leave the dates blank. What I would like to have is, if the dates are blank, the query returns all values. If the dates are specified, then the query only returns values between the dates. I have done this before, but only for one textbox/combobox. I did it by filling the following info into t...

How do I set up fill in the blank animation?
I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in the same line, then on a mouse click it will fill the blank in with the answer. Anyone know how to do this? Is it possible? I am using PowerPoint 07. Thanks for your help. This may help http://www.technologytrish.co.uk/ppttipscloze.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "SF" wrote: > I want to set up animation that will leave blank a word or phrase, that is in > t...

Hyperlinks in outlook messages open with media player
Hi, Whenever i try to click a hyperlink from an email in outlook it tries to upen it with media player. Any help on how i can resolve this would be helpful. ...

Installed Exch2007 into existing 2003 site, cant send mail
I installed an Exchange 2007 server into our domain. This server is meant to be a test server. It created a different routing group for itself. It seemed to propogate all the correct settings for the connectors and our DMZ smart hosts, yet, on the test account I created, I cannot send email to either internal users on Exchange 2003 or to the Internet. -- "Technology also allows us to get very angry and abusive with people who can't punch us in the nose at that very minute." Scott Adams ...

stops responding

Windows mail cannot be opened...
Ok I too am getting the error of Windows mail cannot be opened, (out of memory/ disk full) click ok and the 2nd popup appears.... "Windows mail couldn't be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized..... Ok have read many of the posts, so let me say this before Gary puts in his usual "It's your Antivirus" comment.... I run NIS (Norton internet security) I do manual updates and haven't in the last 2 days/ I have not down loaded and MS updates (I do those manually as well) Nothing has changed on my PC, yet today I started getting the same err...

Money 2005 SB can't open Money 2004 File
Hello all, I just upgrade Money 2004 to 2005, both Small Business version. I have 2 money files, one created in 2004 the other created in Money 98 and upgraded every year till 2004. The first one gets converted to 2005 without any problem. But the 2nd one can't be converted. Money 2005 said it is either locked or protected or corrupt. But it has no problem at all in 2004 I've tried to delete all accounts in this file but one to elimilate causes of problems but still have no luck. Can anybody help? I can even post this file here if the group accept bin upload. Thanks in advance Howard...

Shared workbook/Track changes
I have a Shared workbook wherein we use the Track Changes feature. Is it possible to view or jump to the cells that have been changed instead of scrolling up, down and sideways? ...

Tax Detail on blank invoice form (non SOP)
how I can print tax detail on blank invoice form (non SOP blank form) ? On Oct 21, 11:34=A0am, Raheel Merchant <RaheelMerch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how I can print tax detail on blank invoice form (non SOP blank form) ? what tax detail you want to have printed? All applicable Tax sepertely i.e GST PST HST <epassapera@gmail.com> wrote in message news:10f0735c-ad62-4619-aee7-330d33b6fd8e@v15g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... On Oct 21, 11:34 am, Raheel Merchant <RaheelMerch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how I can print tax detail on blank invoice f...

Excel opens with an error report whenever I Boot Up my computer
A couple of days ago, I noticed that whenever I boot up my computer, an error report comes up indicating that Excel needs to close because of error. I unistalled office and the message wnet away. But when I reinstalled Office, the message came right back. Thoughts? ...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Can I Re-open a historical year.
Is it possible to re-open a closed year. We closed 2005 this week and then closed 2006 also in error. Restoring the back up is not possible. Thanks CL You don't necessarily need to reopen it unless it's totally wrong. You can make entries to 2005 by enabling "Posting to History" via GL setup. The system will update the retained earnings balance for you. -- Charles Allen, MVP "CL" wrote: > Is it possible to re-open a closed year. > > We closed 2005 this week and then closed 2006 also in error. > Restoring the back up is not possible. > ...

recipient policy stopped working

when i open visio 2003 i need it to open a template
I have visio 2003, when i open the program can it be set to open a template automatically. Thanks in advance. TIDMAN..... You could change the shortcut that launches Visio to include the file. Visio.exe MyTemplate.vst -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TIDMAN" <TIDMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF28CEA-C239-4C5E-BE84-B1E830DC79DA@microsoft.com... >I have visio 2003, when i open the program can it be set to open a template > automatically. > > Tha...

blank emails #5
hi, i am running exchange 2000 w/ outlook 2003 on terminal services 2003. one of my users sporadically will receive emails from valid senders (internal & external) with a blank body. however, when i check the internal sender's sent items, i do see that they did type a message in the body of the email. the strange part is that if they sent the email to more than one user, only one person will receive a blank email, the other user will receive the entire message body. please help. thanks, jen On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:56:39 -0500, "Jennifer Mar" <jmar@cityharvest.org>...

Disable VBA code execution when loading a workbook
How do I control the execution of the VBA Code in a spread sheet when I first load the workbook. I would like a dialog box to ask if I want to execute the code or not whenI open the workbook? Can any one suggest a way to do that??? -- CharlesM Set your macro security to medium. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2A28FEC-5C65-43D6-9924-9CB256005E65@microsoft.com... > How do I control the execution of the VBA Code in a spread sheet when I first > load the workbook. > I would li...

Open Value Licensing
Hi, If CRM SBE edition is available under Open Value. I believe , yes , I wish to know the process of procuring CRM SBE licenses and payment stage. Thanks in advance. Regards, Nitin You need to contact a Microsoft partner who can purchase the licenses for you and make sure you get the right product. I happen to know of one that can help you ;) -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Nitin I" wrote: > > Hi, > > If CRM SBE edition is available under Open Value. I believe , yes , I wish > to know the process of procuring CRM SBE licenses and paymen...

Outlook 2003, can not open email messages after upgrade.
I have an XP Pro workstation with Office XP that I upgraded to Office 2003. When the upgrade was complete and Outlook is opened, none of the email messages will open when double clicked. Also nothing shows in the reading pane when you select a message. The error I receive suggests that Windows is out of memory and that I should close programs and then try again. The PC has 512MB of RAM and no other programs are open. This behavior occurs even if I uninstall Office XP first and then cleanly install 2003. Updating the installation with the latest patches does nothing to fix thi...

Saving Personal Macro Workbook
Recently, my Excel 2003 has started prompting me to Save my Personal Macro Workbook every time I close to Excel--even when I don't add anything to it. In fact, right now, my don't have anything at all in my Personal Macro Workbook. I've checked for any rando code in a Shhet or in the Workbook, and I can't find any. Anybody know how I can stop this from happening? tj Did you recently upgrade from a previous version of excel? Did you copy over your older version of your personal.xls file? If yes, then excel likes to recalculate workbooks saved in older versions of exce...