How do I stop blank workbook from opening when opening an existing

  • Follow


Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one. 
 How do I make this go away?  Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/4/2010 4:12:01 PM

It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' > 'Hide'
Micky



"kjg" wrote:

> Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one. 
>  How do I make this go away?  Thanks.
1
Reply Utf 2/4/2010 4:29:02 PM


I am having the same problem. This fix did not work. Any other suggestions?

"מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן" wrote:

> It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
> Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' > 'Hide'
> Micky
> 
> 
> 
> "kjg" wrote:
> 
> > Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one. 
> >  How do I make this go away?  Thanks.
0
Reply Utf 2/12/2010 7:48:01 PM

Append a  /e  to your command line for starting Excel

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" /e

To achieve this you would go into  My Computer>Tools>Folder Options>File
Types.

Scroll down to XLSX or whatever version you're using and select it.

Advanced>Click on "Open" and Edit.

Make sure the command line is as above depending upon version.

OK your way out.

You will probably achieve same thing by closing Excel and re-registering.

Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

See the space between exe and /regserver 

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. 

In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe" /regserver(quotes
required)>OK


Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:48:01 -0800, blaketus
<blaketus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am having the same problem. This fix did not work. Any other suggestions?
>
>"????? (????) ?????" wrote:
>
>> It could be the, usually hidden, PERSONAL.XLS
>> Click a cell in that empty WorkBook and try to hide it via 'Window' > 'Hide'
>> Micky
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> "kjg" wrote:
>> 
>> > Recently excel starting opening a blank workbook when I open an existing one. 
>> >  How do I make this go away?  Thanks.

0
Reply Gord 2/12/2010 9:36:00 PM

3 Replies
4197 Views

(page loaded in 0.08 seconds)


Reply: