How do I remove (not unload) a user installed Excel add-in ?

Even though unloaded the add-in shows up in the inactive list. I want to
remove it from that list.

You have to delete the actual file itself, then redisplay the add-in
list. You will be prompted whether to remove the add-in from the list.
Choose Yes to remove it.

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft Most Valuable Professional,
	Excel, 1998 - 2010
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 12:14:01 -0800, bill h <bill
h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Even though unloaded the add-in shows up in the inactive list. I want to
>remove it from that list.
0
Chip

Remove Excel Icon ??

Excel Options
How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? One way: Format/Cells/Number/Custom ?/6 In article <B77FDD23-4A2D-430D-8375-34F9944CCAAC@microsoft.com>, "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do you disable the rounding feature in excel (e.g. - I want to display > 10/6, and not 5/3 as excel would display)? text format Thanks for the help. Let me take this question one step further. I want to create a bar graph that displays the fractional value taken from a table...

.prn Files to Excel
Hello, I work in a system that displays data in spreadsheet format (display only, not editable). The system does not allow you to copy to the clipboard. I would like to put this data into excel to manipulate. The only way I can see is to print to a file (*.prn). Is there a way to open or use this file format in excel along the lines of a CSV or TXT file. If I try and open it with Excel the page comes up with squares and symbols everywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray Ray, As far as I know, you can't open a prn file in Excel and get any meaningful data. -- Co...

Removal

Remove lines with +++

3 hole punched paper and excel spreadsheets
Help! Excel non-user needs to know how to set up spread sheets to shift tables to print on 3 hole punced paper. Our Excel guru is out having a baby! Can You help? Running Excel 2002. Thanks, Carl *** Sent via http://www.automationtools.com *** Add a newsgroup interface to your website today. On the print preview. Click the margins button. At the top border, there are small black tabs (margin tabs). If you drag the margin tabs over slightly, you may be able to get everything you want on the page. If it doesn't work exit the workbook but don't save the changes. Anywho, make a back...

How to Remove SRS

How to create a shortcut in Excel?
How to create a shortcut in Excel? Hi Vova To a macro? To a sheet? A shortcut on the desktop to a file? Post back with more info and someone can help you -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Vova" <vcapko@gng.com.ua> wrote in message news:04c701c3cbbe$cc6a9e30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How to create a shortcut in Excel? Vova wrote: > How to create a shortcut in Excel? One way (Excel 97): Insert >> Hyperlink ...

Add "> 90 days" bucket to the Detail Historical Aged Trial Balanc
It would be helpful to have another bucket titled "Greater than 90 days" on the Detail Historical Aged Trial Balance report. Or if space is the problem, change the last column from "61-90 Days" to "Greater than 60 days". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Ag...

Shortcuts of excel
I want to perform a "horizontally page down" , switch from column 1 to column 50 . are there any shortcut keys perform such action? are there any article listing all the shortcut key of excel? thank you. "Page across" is Alt+PageDown. To page back towards the A column again you do Alt+PageUp. If you look in Excel Help you should be able to find a list of shortcut keys (it was there up to Excel 2000). Regards David "cclai" <chichung15@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e7H2C9PqDHA.1020@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I want to perform a "horizontal...

Excel "forgetting" its add-ins
There is nothing more annoying than having to reinstall the stupid Solver or other add-ins (such as regression) after not using them for a while! I teach the same class every Spring and every late January or early February I need to check a homework problem on my laptop here and there. And every year, the same damn story, I have to insert some stupid disk, which I don't have with me on a trip. I specifically remember doing THE COMPLETE INSTALLATION of the stupid Office software on my machine precisely to avoid this problem, because this incredible annoyance and frustrat...

Delivery failure user unknown
I have a user sending a message from jim@hellmuth.us to JHellmuth@cthellmuth.com. The e-mail message gets rejected for user unknown. If I send a message to JHellmuth@CTHellmuth.com from any e-mail account the message get delviered without a problem. Here is the rejection message: Could not deliver message to the following recipient(s): Failed Recipient: jhellmuth@cthellmuth.com Reason: The recipient does not exist -- The header and top 20 lines of the message follows -- MIME-Version: 1.0 Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 05:13:08 -0700 Received: from [65.205.4.130] by mail1.webcontrolcenter.com vi...

Chart Plot Area changes in Excel 2007
I having problems with unstable formats of charts in an Excel 2007 spreadsheet (under Windows XP). When I re-open a spreadsheet, the plot area is usually contracted to a much smaller portion of the total chart area, leaving lots of white space around the edges. This happens repeatedly with some, but not all, of the charts in my spreadsheet. Some are x-y plots, some are combination line, bar plots. Is there any way to keep the size of the plot area from changing? ...

Limit to GDI Handles and User Handles
Hi, My software is a highly interactive application that uses lots of windows with sub windows (a few hundred windows is not an exception). Not all windows are visible at the same time, but at certain moments the user must be able to quickly switch to another window so I keep the relevant windows invisible and make them visible when needed. Due to the structure of the software, it is not possible to decrease the number of windows. Nevertheless I have succeeded to decrease the used pens, brushes, .... Cleaning up the used menu handles and icon handles is planned for the medium- to long-term. ...

remove Fax from address book?

Removing an item from menu

Excel PDF
Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? You can save an excel file as a PDF file but you have to have a PDF writer. "Craigv_2000" wrote: > Does anyoine know is it possible to save a document as a PDF file ? Craig For FREE!!! I have had success with the free file downloads and instructions for use here at Dale Nurden's site. http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/info/pdfguide.htm Saves first to single *.ps file which you then convert to *.pdf Returns one PDF file from multiple sheets or selected sheet. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:16...

Public folder message copies to another user
Is there a way from exchange 2003 to allow mails that come to a public folder to be forwarded or a copy of it sent to anotehr user. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Smith, If you mail enable your public folder, you will get the normal Exchange email tabs, then in Exchange System go to the Exchange General tab | Delivery Options | Forwarding Address | Forward To, and type the contact or email account to deliver to. Note this will only work for messages sent to this public folder via its email address. For messages created in the Public Folders directly this method will not wor...

iNTERACTIVE EXCEL FILE NOT INTERACTIVE ON THE WEB
I have an interactive excel file that is interactive in Dreamerweaver 2004 MX but when I publish it, it quits being interactive. Anybody know why? Thanks! ...

Installing individual app after updating
Should a version 10.0.0 of Excel run with an updated 10.1.5 of the rest of office? I did a few things out of order. Long ago, I installed Office v X without installing Excel. I then updated my version of office all the way to the latest, 10.1.5. Subsequently, I went back to the original CD to install Excel. Excel will not run; it doesn't even start. The 10.1.2 updater will not run. The 10.1.5 updater runs but doesn't update Excel. Is there any expectation that version 10.0.0 of Excel would run when almost all the other office files have been updated. As suggested by support,...

Restrict OWA to user groups
Hello all, Does anybody know if it's possible to restrict Outlook Web Access to certain security groups? In the Active Directory Users and Computers snap-in, in the Exchange Tasks, there is a possibility to disable OWA access for a user. But we would like to grant access to OWA based on group membership. Is there a way we can use Group Policies to configure these settings? I searched the Microsoft knowledge base to no avail... Many thanks in advance. -- Richard W The OWA Permission is base on Mailbox enable object so I think it's not support your demand -- Jammy "Rich...

Territories
Please can we have a solution to the problem of not allowing users to be assigned to more than one territory. I have Support Team members who manage more than one territory and would like to be able to split up the territories in CRM. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...