How do I make a "Pipe"--a separator, a vertical line ?

  • Follow

Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets of
text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field?  There must be a
short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
cuts, etc?  Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot find
it anywhere?

SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD
0
Reply Utf 2/4/2010 5:15:01 AM

I have a vertical line on my keyboard (|). Why can't you use that?

Do you want something like:
=a1&" | "&b1
?

Regards,
Fred

"Morningglory" <Morningglory@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets
> of
> text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field?  There must be
> short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
> cuts, etc?  Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot
> find
> it anywhere?
>
> SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD

-1
Reply Fred 2/4/2010 5:22:59 AM

hi.
that is on the standard qwerty keyboard or at least what i know as a pipe.
on the keyboard, the key just under the backspace. (upper right)
key = \
shift key = |

regards
FSt1

"Morningglory" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets of
> text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field?  There must be a
> short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
> cuts, etc?  Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot find
> it anywhere?
>
> SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD
1
Reply Utf 2/4/2010 5:26:01 AM

Well on my keybaord that character is found towards the lower left hand
corner on the same key as the back slash to the left of the letter Z.

To get to it all you need to do is to hit SHIFT plus the key.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"Morningglory" wrote:

> Does anyone know how to insert a vertical line separator between snippets of
> text? For example like the lines between Nested and Field?  There must be a
> short cut like the Ctrl+B that produces bolded print and like Ctrl+X that
> cuts, etc?  Please help me, I need it for an excel project and I cannot find
> it anywhere?
>
> SUMMARY: NESTED | FIELD | CONSTR | METHOD
0
Reply Utf 2/4/2010 5:28:01 AM

(page loaded in 0.004 seconds)

Reply: