how do i increase the value of numbers in a column by a percentage

  • Follow

i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
0
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 5:30:07 PM

Say we want to increase a column of values by 6%.  In an unused cell, enter
1.06.  Copy this cell. Select the column of numbers. PasteSpecial > Multiply
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200909

"colinchurcher" wrote:

> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
2
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 5:35:02 PM

1. In cell H 1 I have:-

10

2. In cell I 1 I have:-

=(H1*10%)

3. Just copy the formula above down the column:-

 - Ctrl-C in cell I 1

 - highlight cells I 2 to I 6000

 - Ctrl-V to paste.

The above should achieve what you want.

Thanks.

"colinchurcher" wrote:

> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
0
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 5:36:01 PM

Say you want to add 10% to all prices, then enter 1,1 in an unused cell,
copy the cell, then select the price column, and goto Edit > PasteSpecial >
Operation: Multiply.

Regards,
Per

"colinchurcher" <colinchurcher@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i
meddelelsen news:C7751F3B-C081-4F71-8DE5-E9D1E8AA9F1B@microsoft.com...
>i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks

0
Reply Per 1/7/2010 5:38:22 PM

sorry I 1 should read:-

=(H1*10%)

Apologies for error.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"colinchurcher" wrote:

> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks
0
Reply Utf 1/7/2010 5:39:01 PM

Keep at it.  You'll get it right eventually<g>

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010 09:39:01 -0800, trip_to_tokyo <info@pierrefondes.com>
wrote:

>sorry I 1 should read:-
>
>=(H1*10%)
>
>Apologies for error.
>
>Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.
>
>Thanks.
>

>"colinchurcher" wrote:
>
>> i have an excel stocklist with 6000 items on it  ,i just need to know how to
>> increase the whole price list column by a percentage  , thanks

0
Reply Gord 1/7/2010 10:09:58 PM

(page loaded in 0.002 seconds)

Reply: