How do I format my column heading cells to display on an angle?

I would like to set up my column headings to display at an angle.  I can put
the text on an angle using Format>Alignment>Orientation but I would like the
cell itself to appear on an angle as well.
Thank you

Put a border around those header cells - it will follow the
orientation that you have set.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Feb 25, 9:16=A0pm, Kim <K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I would like to set up my column headings to display at an angle. =A0I ca=
n put
> the text on an angle using Format>Alignment>Orientation but I would like =
the
> cell itself to appear on an angle as well.
> Thank you

0
Pete_UK

negative number format

Freezing rows & columns
I have formatted my sheet perfectly, but when I freeze the appropriat section excel inserts a big line (to show whats frozen) thus disruptin my formatting. Is anyone aware of a means of freezing WITHOUT the line? CHEER ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements You can't hide the "freeze" line. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson So...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

TOC Heading style 2
I am working in 2007 from someone else's doc from 2003 word. I will be saving in 97-2003. The styles shown in the home tab start Emphasis - Heading 1 - Normal - Strong (and others). I am trying to insert a TOC using the built in heading styles but I cannot see a Heading 2 or 3. How can I add the other headings to this group - is this a special style group added by the other author? TIA Dottie I opened this doc in 2003 word and was able to add the heading 2 there so I may have my answer for now. I would still like to know what I needed to do in 2007 word to make heading...

Negative number formatting

Outlook express columns
Hi In outlook express I've created a sub folder in the Sent Items folders but it shows the column format used by the Inbox folder. If I change the columns it changes the columns for all folders exept Sent Items. How do I set different folders to show different columns ? Thanks Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Out...

how to compare column?
How do I compare colume column A column B column C 22 33 B 22 14 12 3 27 45 B 55 40 How to compare column A with column B, then if B is greater than A, indicate B in column C? Thank you. Put this in C1: =3DIF(B1>A1,"B","") and copy down as required. Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 18, 12:33=A0am, "Able Cox" <no.s...@no.spam.com> wrote: > How do I compare colume > > column A =A0 =A0column B =A0 =A0column C > 22 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A033 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =...

I don't want row 1 as the column headings
This seems like a simple matter but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I have typed my column headings in and they appear along row 1. I don't want the headings to be row 1 I want row one for entering the first row of data. How do I make row 1 truly row 1 and not the column headings. I am not asking how to make the row appear across each page, I have that already. thanks in advance. You can not change the column headings (except to numbers). However, you can use your col headings on row 1 and hide the row/column headings. But, they are still there. -- Don Guillett Micr...

averaging a column
I have a column with different values >.02 <4 <.05 4 >1 <1 How can I total & average these? Also how can I enter a >4 value in a column & not have it reconized as math formula? Thanks, Derrell ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Derrel Maybe I'm just missing something here. You can average and sum only numerical values. You can't average inequalities. It doesn't make sense If you want to enter >4 in a ...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Custom patterns for cell shading
Hello, Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option? I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting. (I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically show the flow.) Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be awesome. Jools -- World of Warcraft *isn't* work? ...

ADC changing display name of an inbox
Hello all I have the ADC up and running as i am in the middle of a migration to 2003 exchange. i need to chagne the alias anddisplay name a user because her last name changed. I renamed the account in ADUC, changed the Display name and the Alias, but when i send an email locally or to the net it still shows her old last name. Her inbox and user account are on the AD domain, so i cant understand if i rename the accoutn change the display and alias why when i send an email it still shows her original last name. Do i need to make this change on the 5.5 server? Many thanks Have you tri...

named cells. need a 101
I've been building a 'what if' sheet that pulls in this and that from other sheets. All the sheets have named cells, as does the what if' sheet itself. I want to copy/replicate this sheet multiple times in the wb to allow for multiple and concurrent what if setups. I am worried about named resources (cells) and what's going to happen when I attempt this. I will experiment, but I'm worried about something getting picked up in the wrong place. Is there a good 101 out there that discusses the use of names and what to expect? Thank you. There was an earli...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?