How do I disable sharing on Excel document?

Follow
Email
I have a document shared.  I need to record a macro and apply validation to
cells on the sheet.  I must first disable sharing but just can't seem to find
it.
3
Reply Utf 12/30/2009 8:10:01 PM

Same way as u share it
then remowe checkmark

"Mike M" skrev:

> I have a document shared.  I need to record a macro and apply validation to
> cells on the sheet.  I must first disable sharing but just can't seem to find
> it.
-37
Reply Utf 12/30/2009 9:44:02 PM
In EXCEL 2007 take the following action:-

Review

Changes group

Share Workbook

Remove the tick from the box called:-

Allow changes by more than one user at the same time. This also allows
workbook merging.

Hit OK.

"Mike M" wrote:

> I have a document shared.  I need to record a macro and apply validation to
> cells on the sheet.  I must first disable sharing but just can't seem to find
> it.
110
Reply Utf 12/31/2009 6:31:01 AM
Follow
Email

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Sharing Calendar without personal information
Happy New Year to you all I am not too sure whether this question has been asked or not, I wish to share my calender with a few people. My outlook calender contains both business and private information. Is there a way of sharing the outlook calender with business information only? Many thanks in advance Hemant Hemant;111319 Wrote: > Happy New Year to you all > > I am not too sure whether this question has been asked or not, I wish > to > share my calender with a few people. My outlook calender contains both > business and private information. Is t...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

Excel 2002 can't read files
All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports all my files as "unable to read". They can be opened on other computers. I've tried repairing Office and running a virus scan, but it still won't work. Even new files won't open again after I save them once. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Disable the Office Plugin that comes with Symantec/Norton AntiVirus. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more info. "Batty boy" wrote: > All of a sudden, my excel 2002 reports...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Can Excel trigger Outlook reminder?
I hope I'm asking this question in the right forum. I would like to know if it is possible to create a basic spreadsheet where one of the columns is for due date and when that due date comes up a reminder is generated from Outlook? I think I understood correctly from a Google search that it can be done in Visual Basic but I have no idea how to do it. I'm also hoping it would not be complicated b/c I have not used VB. If that can't be done, how could I work it that the cell would change to red with due date comes? Thanks. A little more info on the spreadsheet I...

Splitting cells in Excel 2007
Hello Microsoft, I've spent about an hour on various Internet sites and discussing this in forums. Many seem to know it's not possible, but nobody has told me why it's not possible. The question has been asked as far back as 1999, from what I've been seeing. How does one split a single cell either vertically or horizontally? I don't mean the data within the cell, but the cell itself. Many "solutions" seem to use techniques of adding new rows or columns and doing some creative merges to all the cells affected. The spreadsheet I want to change...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Excel Hyperlink on Network Shared Drive
My workgroup has a shared drive that everyone has access to. All files and folders are available to everyone in the group. I've created a project database using Excel 2003 SP2 that contains hyperlinks to files that are contained in various folders on the shared drive. These files are PDF, HTML and MS Word documents, as well as JPG and BMP images. Everyone in the group can access these files directly, but only the individual that created the hyperlink can use the hyperlink to access the referenced file. If another individual tries to use the hyperlink, the following error message appears. ...

excel 2007 Save as Web Page
Hi We use Excel 2003 to do our analysis work which includes excel charts of various sorts. We then 'Save as Web Page' which creates a web page, more importantly to us is the sub directory excel creates where it stores images that the web page uses. In this directory are gif images of the charts that were in the original spreadsheet - we publish these chart images to our website. In the spreadsheet we size our charts so that when exported out as a web page produce an image of 760px x 509px. In Excel 2007 the whole 'Save as Web Page' has changed, it produces png images...

Unable to share folders via Exchange
Hi, I am unable to share my Outlook folders via exchange. I have: Outlook 2003 SP1 connected to MS Exchange Server (2003) over RPC. I use cached mode (.ost) rather than local .pst Problem: Only options available when 'Sharing...' selected are: General; Home Page; AutoArchive; Synchronization Permissions tab does not appear. So far, I have: 1. Uninstalled MS Outlook 2. Reinstalled MS Outlook (unpatched) - permissions still not available 3. Repatched MS Outlook - permissions still not available Sharing permissions are available for other MS Outlook 2003 SP1 users in our office. If I ad...

Excel in multiple sessions
A collegue is attempting to access data using vlookup in a spreadsheet from a second spreadsheet which is opened in a separate session on his workstation. It appears that multiple sessions of excel can't 'see' each other. Collegue needs to have multiple sessions as he uses lots of spreadsheets with LOTS of formulas. Attempting to open these sheets in single session usually results in crashes and lost work. Does anyone out there know anything about this? Using Excel 2000 on Windows 2000 Professional sp4. Thanks =vlookup() worked ok for me--but by having the workbooks in separ...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

how to give cell reference using Combo Boxes in Excel?
Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel? How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from the combobox. Kindly help me in this regard. Joseph J Hi Joseph See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html for several approaches on this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:04BEC1FF-38D0-4A01-B0D4-EA97799D2426@microsoft.com... > Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel? > How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from the > combobox....

Delegate user for file sharing?
Hello All, We need to have ordinary users the ability to share folders on there local drives i am looking for a way to achieve this granular settings without giving more extra security option equivalent to Power user. Is this option available in delegation if yes what option to achieve that. Please advice Thanks, Hello Tal Bar-Or, Never heard about another way then making them Power users. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ...

Sending data to Access DB from Excel
I am still a n00b to using access with Excel so I need some help here. I want to have like a system where users can sign up via th spreadsheet. They fill in 5 different pieces of information then clic the submit button. This then sends it to the Access database to a tabl called Members Table. Can someone guide me in doing this please? Thanks very much -- tatl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tatla's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=682 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31974...

HELP
I have developed a Workbook with 320 sheets, all linked to a summary page and back to individual sheets. Each sheet contains 11 formulas and no other special features. The file size is 2.6MB. PROBLEM - When I selected Share Workbook, Allow multi users - it gave me the Error Message:"The instruction at 0x00660065 referenced at 0x00660065. The memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug. When I select ether, it crashes MS Excel. This Workbook was created using MS Excel 97 on a Dell Desktop. PLEASE HELP This Workbook was ...

why is publisher automatically opening my word documents??
When I click on a Word document, it automatically opens in Publisher. What's up with that? Sounds like your file associations got screwed up. How to change file associations in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jeff Rudolph" <Jeff Rudolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F29CA0F-1CA9-4686-BA9A-8005841890F1@microsoft.com... > When I click on a Word document, it automatically opens in Publisher. > > What's u...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Excel, how to send to mulitple e-mails
I have an excel spreadsheet for tracking names, phone #'s and e-mails and I want to be able to capture all of the e- mails and send out stuff without having to copy and paste each e-mail individually (looking for shortcut). Any help would be appreicated. Thanks. John Hi John Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm see the Tips pages for using addresses in cells -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:986101c49741$14336f00$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I have an excel spreadsheet for trac...

How to remove indent in table cell from Excel
I copied part of an XLS spreadsheet to create a Word table. The text in many cells is indented in the original, but I need to make these flush left within the cell. But I can't find a place within Word where this indent is shown: it's not in the table cell specs nor in the paragraph definition. Is there a way to unindent? My purpose is to do this within VBA, in case that changes the answer. -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-word-general/200911/1 Dim i As Long, j As Long Wit...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

how do you export excel files to Quickbooks Simple edition
I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. Thanks for any help on this quest. Dianna In quickbooks go to file import excel "Newbie Dianna" wrote: > I'm a newbie....I need to know if you can export invoices that are on EXCEL > templates into Quickbooks invoice file or sales receipt file. > > Thanks for any help on this quest. > Dianna ...

how to copy acces database field into word document
I' l be very glad if someone could help me to learn, how could i insert the copy of access field into word document. I look for information regarding posibility of diferent way of clasical insert merge fields into document. For example I saw the word document with access fields inserted, but each field was delimited with sqare brackets. Thank you in advance. I would urge you to take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Specifically the 'Super Easy Word Merge.' about half way down the page. It is relatively simple to implement and works...