How do I change headings (column name) from numbers to letters?

  • Follow

Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters.
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 3:42:01 AM

hi
would be nice if we knew what version excel you are using.
2003
on the menu bar>tools>options>general tab>uncheck R1C1 reference.
2007
Office button>Excel options>formulas>uncheck R1C1 reference

regards
FSt1

"Marco" wrote:

> Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters.
1
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 3:55:01 AM

Use
=Text(A1,"0")
to convert the number to text and copy (Ctrl+C) and paste the values (Alt,
E, S, V, Enter).

"0" in the formula represents a single digit for the same purpose.
"000" would convert 1 to 001 (But in text).
--
Thanx in advance,
Best Regards,

Faraz

"Marco" wrote:

> Suddenly my headings are numbers instead of letters. I want to use letters.
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 4:21:01 AM

(page loaded in 0.089 seconds)

Reply: