How can I copy big ranges of cells without drag or copy/paste?

Follow
Email
I need to copy formulas in a big range of cells and I'm sure there should be
a way different than dragging until the last cell I want to copy it. I'm
talking of hundreds of cells where I want to copy the formulas.
Thanks,
6
Reply Utf 3/22/2010 9:20:01 PM

Use 'Go To' on the Edit menu (CTRL + G). In reference field enter the
range you want to copy like A1:F25, and click ok. Now the range is
selected and ready to be copied.

Hopes this helps.
Per

On 22 Mar., 22:20, Ricardo Julio <Ricardo
Ju...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I need to copy formulas in a big range of cells and I'm sure there should be
> a way different than dragging until the last cell I want to copy it. I'm
> talking of hundreds of cells where I want to copy the formulas.
> Thanks,

3
Reply Per 3/22/2010 10:30:06 PM
Click on the cell in the upper most left hand corner of the data you want to
copy. Scroll down to the bottom and while holding down the SHIFT key, click
on the cell in the lower most right hand corner of the data you want to copy.
That will select everything in between the two cells.
1
Reply Utf 3/22/2010 10:41:01 PM
Double-click on the fill handle will fill down to end of data in an adjacent
column.

Or.....with formula in A1, type A1:A2000 in namebox, hit Enter then CTRL + d

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:20:01 -0700, Ricardo Julio <Ricardo
Julio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to copy formulas in a big range of cells and I'm sure there should be
>a way different than dragging until the last cell I want to copy it. I'm
>talking of hundreds of cells where I want to copy the formulas.
>Thanks,

-2
Reply Gord 3/23/2010 2:38:22 PM
Follow
Email

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Range summing
hello, when I copy and paste a formula instead of having it go like SUM(A1:A3) SUM(A2:A4) I want it to go SUM(A1:A3) SUM(A4:A6) any easy way to make it happen? Try =SUM(INDEX(A:A,ROW(A2)*3-2):INDEX(A:A,ROW(A2)*3)) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Blah" <cidster12@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1153941239.748257.272800@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > hello, when I copy and paste a formula instead of having it go like > > SUM(A1:A3) > SUM(A2:A4) > > > I want it to go > SUM(A1:A3) > S...

Can't send/receive

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

Dynamic Ranges
Hello, I need to develop a function which uses a range. The range is dynamic based upon a Lease Term. Example: I have a 5 year lease - The range will encompase 5 cells (A1:E1). I will always know the starting Cell. Any help would be much appreciated. thanks ACase Not sure i understand the question - what do you want to know? do you want to know how to develop a function that uses a range - if so, any particular function do you want to know how to create a dynamic range - if so, check out dynamic ranges at www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Cheers JulieD "ACase" <A...

Can Not Reply To Emails

Problem at "Save as"
Hi, I'm having a problem at excel that i don't have on other computers: when i click save as, i would like, as usual, that on the file name window, apeared only the current file name, and not "copy from "filename"". Can you help me, removing this annoying feature? Thanks Cako It probably says "Copy of" and that would be because the file you're trying to save was opened "read only". (You would see that in the title bar). You'll have to figure out why that was but it might be that the file has its "read only" file attrib...

Can't delete email #2

Formatting does not follow when copying from one cell to another
I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. Why doesn't the formatting copy over too?? A formula returns a result, not any formatting. Pete On Apr 7, 9:55=A0pm, Banker <Ban...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a cell on sheet 1 that I have added text to with some bolding, > coloring of text, etc. On Sheet 2 I have a cell that I have told to copy > whatever is in the cell on sheet 1 described above. =...

How can I rename a database table?

Can (or how can) I do this

Can not archive

Copying Several Workbooks into one Workbook as Worksheets
I have several Workbooks in a folder. Each Workbook has only one Worksheet. How can I copy all the Workbooks into one Workbook with as many worksheets as there were Workbooks in the folder? Thanks. Try this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm See this example http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm#sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Blue_Crystal" <Blue_Crystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC64A93A-DCDB-4275-8F05-45A5D92F0100@microsoft.com... >I have several Workbooks in a folder. Each Workbook has only one Worksheet. >...

Where can I download this type of db example?
Hi, I'm working in Access 2003. Where can I download a (free) Access database example that shows how to implement forms and queries for tables that break down many-to-many relationships with a link table? I understand normalization and I believe my structure is 3rd order normalized. I need to figure out how to input data into the tables and have them linked together automatically by a query (or, if necessary, VB code). In other words, a database that has tblParents (1->oo) tblParent_Child_LINK (1->oo) tblChildren where (1->oo) means One-to-many, if it wasn't c...

Can you convert picture into Visio?
Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? It would depend on what format the picture was in. For most cases, this is not an easy task. John... Visio MVP "tbae" wrote: > Is there a way to convert picture into Visio format? If so, how? ...