formula to subtract percentage from whole

  • Follow

I want to be able to create a forumla to increase or decrease the percentage
of a whole number i.e. Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total and
vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do this on the calculator).  Formula
NOT reliant on other cells.

Appreciate your help
0
Reply Utf 2/18/2010 12:35:01 PM

Hi,
in the cell where you want the result enter
to increase

=A1*1.15

to decrease

=A1/1.15

"Shevvie" wrote:

> I want to be able to create a forumla to increase or decrease the percentage
> of a whole number i.e. Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total and
> vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do this on the calculator).  Formula
> NOT reliant on other cells.
>
> Appreciate your help
0
Reply Utf 2/18/2010 1:46:01 PM

"Shevvie" wrote:
> I want to be able to create a forumla to increase
> or decrease the percentage of a whole number i.e.
> Nett: 81.47 increase by 15% to give me the total
> and vice versa 92.27 decrease by 15% (I can do
> this on the calculator).  Formula NOT reliant on other
> cells.

=81.47*(1+15%)

=92.27*(1-15%)
1