Formula from consecutive rows to alternate rows?

I have a worksheet with data in consecutive rows.

I have another worksheet into which I want to insert a formula on every
second row, but referring to each consecutive row in the first worksheet.

For example, on Worksheet 1, in column A:

Row 1: 123
Row 2: 456
Row 3: 789
etc

On Worksheet 2 I want to show:

Row 1: ='Worksheet 1'!A1
Row 2:
Row 3: ='Worksheet 2'!A2
Row 4:
Row 5: ='Worksheet 3'!A3

How do I copy the above formula down?

In Sheet2 cell A1 copy th ebelow formula and copy down as required

=IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,CEILING(ROW()/2,1)),"")

--
Jacob

"Neville Bailey" wrote:

> I have a worksheet with data in consecutive rows.
>
> I have another worksheet into which I want to insert a formula on every
> second row, but referring to each consecutive row in the first worksheet.
>
> For example, on Worksheet 1, in column A:
>
> Row 1: 123
> Row 2: 456
> Row 3: 789
> etc
>
> On Worksheet 2 I want to show:
>
> Row 1: ='Worksheet 1'!A1
> Row 2:
> Row 3: ='Worksheet 2'!A2
> Row 4:
> Row 5: ='Worksheet 3'!A3
>
> How do I copy the above formula down?
Thank you Jacob - that worked perfectly!

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

> In Sheet2 cell A1 copy th ebelow formula and copy down as required
>
> =IF(MOD(ROW(),2)=1,INDEX(Sheet1!A:A,CEILING(ROW()/2,1)),"")
>
> --
> Jacob
>

> "Neville Bailey" wrote:
>
> > I have a worksheet with data in consecutive rows.
> >
> > I have another worksheet into which I want to insert a formula on every
> > second row, but referring to each consecutive row in the first worksheet.
> >
> > For example, on Worksheet 1, in column A:
> >
> > Row 1: 123
> > Row 2: 456
> > Row 3: 789
> > etc
> >
> > On Worksheet 2 I want to show:
> >
> > Row 1: ='Worksheet 1'!A1
> > Row 2:
> > Row 3: ='Worksheet 2'!A2
> > Row 4:
> > Row 5: ='Worksheet 3'!A3
> >
> > How do I copy the above formula down?

help with formula please #2

help with a formula #5

Auto-populate comboBox with value from Row Source
I am a novice to intermediate Access 2003 user with some VBA experience. I have a form with 3 combo boxes. All three combo boxes have queries which return a single column, as their row source. Upon an update to the first combo box- the row source for the second Combo Box is requeried based on the value from combo box 1. Is it possible to have the (2nd) combo box display (auto-populate) the first value of the resulting (re)query? The drop-downs function correctly based on the queries. I am trying to avoid the user needing to use the drop-down when only one value is returned from ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Apply CF to Row after CF was applied to Column
Can someone please help me? I've read through the postings and the help files but still can't seem to figure out how to do this. I've applied conditional formatting to the J column of my spreadsheet so that if there's any text listed the cell turns yellow. What I'd like is if not only the cell but the row, from A:O turned yellow also. How do you do that? I'm using 07. Any help in English walking me through the steps or a hint toward the appropriate post would be greatly appreciated. Cuz I aint figrin it out on myown! Thanks in advance! --Dax...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

I want to duplicate rows
my data base contains 1005 rows with various medical information (10 columns) One of the column corresponds to an occurence number and I need to duplicate each row by this number ex row 1, this number is 642 , therefore, I need that row 1 is duplicated 642 times row 2, this number is 55, then 55 duplication and so on the target can be a new sheet is it possible ? it will help thank you Pr Soussi Paris ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ see Mail Me...

Count formula within a named range.

Copy macro to other row
Hi all, I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. Can I copy these macros so that they can execute the same calculations but on a another row i.e. only on one row at the time leaving the others unaffected. Regards Dan As always, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "togge" <dantorgny@spray.se> wrote in message news:1158919664.025298.246070@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. > Can I cop...

Formula to return a formula

row length
I have Excel 2000. I am trying to make some sample data to read in another program. Each record should consist of 9 sets of 14 fixed characters; ie. 11111111111111,22222222222222,33333333333333 etc thru the ninth set. Each set is in a separate column. When I export this file to my desktop I seem to be only getting 90 characters across. No more. What is wrong? How are you exporting the data? Maybe file|saveas and use .csv (comma separated values). rob p wrote: > > I have Excel 2000. I am trying to make some sample data to read in another > program. > > Each record shou...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

Unhiding Protected Rows and Columns? is it possible?
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets that all interlink. I have protected a number of cells in one of the sheets. the problem arrises in that the unprotected cells cannot be hidden or indeed unhidden when the sheet is protected. Is there a way I can protect cells whilst still keeping the formatting ability to widen / hide rows etc. thanks -- guilf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guilf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...

How to translate a getpivotdata formula into a cell reference
Hi all, I want to be able to get the cell reference (in the format A1) of a GETPIVOTDATA reference. For example: =(GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Qty",'$A$5,"Customer Name","ABC Company")) pulls data from a corresponding cell in the table. That reference is A10 but I want to get this from the actual GETPIVOTDATA reference itself. Is this possible? Regards Morgan ...

sum formula
good day! i copied a table from a html and paste to excel2000 i try to get the sum =SUM(B5:B10) but the outcome is 0.when i check the number on the cell,i found out that theres a space at the end. i try this formula {=SUM(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(B5:B10," ","")))} but the result was #VALUE!. Hi! > i copied a table from a html Chances are the "space" is really a char(160) &nbsp; space. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(1*SUBSTITUTE(B5:B10,CHAR(160),"")) Your best course of action would be to get rid of those characters and then use a simple =SUM(B5:B10). ...