Field list does not appear in pivot table. How do I fix? Excel 07

Follow
Email
I use pivot tables extensively. This week the field list stopped appearing &
I can't get it fixed. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm assuming I've changed
a setting somewhere that caused this.
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 3:30:03 PM

Have you tried:-

PivotTable Tools / Options / Show/Hide group / Field List?

"kg1816" wrote:

> I use pivot tables extensively. This week the field list stopped appearing &
> I can't get it fixed. Anyone know how to fix this? I'm assuming I've changed
> a setting somewhere that caused this.
0
Reply Utf 1/20/2010 3:41:01 PM
Follow
Email

Excel Hyperlinks
Is there a way of linking an Excel cell to a particular location in another document, for example a paragraph in a Word document or a page in a OneNote notebook? Thanks! Start to Insert a Hyperlink, Ctrl-k In the address box enter the full path and file name of the dcoument and the anchor location preixed with a #, eg C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TmpLink.doc#myBookmark In the Word document you will need to have already inserted and named a Bookmark at the particular location. Regards, Peter T "Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

How to link rows in Excel so they will stay together during sort?
In Excel I am trying to track body weights over time for hospital patients, linked with specific interventions on the row below. I would like to link these 2 rows of data permanently so that when I sort based on intervention, the body weight data will stay with the intervention. Excel doesn't work like this. Each row in a list is a distinct record. Your intervention information should go in the same row as the patient data, in the sortable database. You could construct a display worksheet that linked two rows of cells to one row of the data worksheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Mic...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

How do I plot a log probability scale in excel?
I need to plot a log probability scale in excel to show % time flow exceeded vs. discharge. How do I even begin to do this? ...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

Recently used file list. It is set for 9, but the list seems to be cleared
I followed the Help instructions. Tools/Options/General to set the length of the displayed list. I found that it was already set to 9 entries. However, in the File pulldown, the list is not displayed. I created a dummy test XLS, and indeed it is in the list, but nothing previously created. What might be clearing this list? Don't know if applies to Office 2007 but here's one guess........ For Office 2002 and 2003............ Are you running TweakUI? If so, you may have disabled the MRU lists by unchecking "maintain document history list" under the TweakUI Expl...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Beware MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder Table Corruption after upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0
RMS didn't correctly create the information in the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0 (unless you applied hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3 database). The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of the problem ...

How do I stop an incorrect email address being listed?
I use Outlook dated 2007 which fills in potential email recipients on the basis of the name given. However, a number of these are obsolete/incorrect. How can I stop them from being listed? I have noticed that the list offered varies unpredictably (by me). Some times people appear, some times they don't. Where does the list come from? David Butland On 3/18/2010 11:56 PM, DavidButland wrote: > I use Outlook dated 2007 which fills in potential email recipients on the > basis of the name given. However, a number of these are obsolete/incorrect. > How can I stop them from...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

Lookup and tables
Orientation of collector Tilt of collector South SE/SW E/W NE/NW North Horizontal 933 933 933 933 933 30 degrees 1042 997 886 762 709 45 degrees 1023 968 829 666 621 60 degrees 960 900 753 580 485 Vertical 724 684 565 427 360 I need to make it so Excel will Lookup a piece of data in the above table when someone writes in the Tilt of the collector in one cell, and the orientation in another. IE Tilt of collector: 30 Orientation ...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

fixed length within the counta and some text
hello! I would like to generate some incremental number if the cell on the right is not empty e.g. Order0001 Order0002 ..... Order0015 How I can do this with this formula ? How i can convert the output of counta to have 4 digits? =IF(D13<>"","Order"&COUNTA($D$4:D13)&"","") thanks, uma =IF(D13<>"","Order"&TEXT(COUNTA($D$4:D13),"0000"),"") -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Uma Shanker" <asdf834@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:d0n7e7$qdk$01$1@news.t-...

Excel #67
Where in Microsoft can I download and Excel update called SR1 or SR2. I need this for a QuickBooks Payroll link. What version of Excel do you have? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=5c011c70-47d0-4306-9fa4-8e92d36332fe&displaylang=en or http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=85af7bfd-6f69-4289-8bd1-eb966bcdfb5e&displaylang=en the former 2000, the latter 2002 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "KJ" <blueeyes1484@hotmail.com> wrote...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

League table automatic sort/update
Hi All I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm trying to implement a simple league table. What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking table like the one shown below. Pos Player Points 1 Tom 124 2 Linda 122 3 Harry 107 4 Jayne 100 4 Bob 100 5 Steve 89 6 Mark 88 7 John 80 8 Angie 77 9 Andrew 71 The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are referenced from another sheet. Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players points total change(based on calculations In another sheet). ...

Mixed Language Text in a List Control
Hello Gents I have a strange request that at this time I dont know if i can support. Here is the deal. The application will have multi language support for all static items using resource only dlls. However, we are working with a device and certain name type parameters arrive to me for display. I am given the language and encoding of the string. As an example lets say we are in Chinese mode. All of the applications static data will be in chinese. Now I get a message from the device of a name that is only in english. Can I display the English string? Thanks for the help. Mike If you a...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

Excel 2003 hangs calculating cells from a Excel XP created Document
I have an excel document that was created in Excel XP, and it opens fine in Excel XP. When I try to open it in Excel 2003, it tries to go thru 'calculating cells'. It hangs at 5% on a mid range laptop and 25% on a high end desktop. Is there a fomula converter or something I cna run on the file to get it to open in Excel 2003? James Bates Excel 2002 and 2003 use the same file format so it's not an issue of converting formulas. Rather it would seem to be something it 2003's configuration. In your place I'd see what happens when the workbook is opened in a 'pure...

Blocked Senders List on SBS 2003
Using OWA when I try to add a sender to the blocked list I get a message saying folder size is to big. I've had a look in the registry but cant find anything related, any ideas please on how to increase this folder size. TIA Jon Hi Jon, There is a limit of 512Kb combined for all junk email list, you can increase this limit via the following registry modification on your server: Registry key: HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem Value: Max Extended Rule Size Type: DWORD Data: maximum size, in bytes, you want to allow for the junk e-mail rule Regards...