Excel opens two worksheets instead of one

I have Office 2007 and recently upgraded to Windows 7.  When I open an
existing document in Excel, sometimes (about 50% of the time) it opens a
second blank worksheet along with it.  Word does this also.  Is there a way
to fix this?
--
Thank you

Why is Excel being opened in Outlook?
I emailed an Excel file to a colleague. It was sent as an attachment in Thunderbird. The recipient - who uses Outlook - saved the spreadsheet to disk. Now if she tries to launch the file (either from Explorer or from within Excel itself), it actually opens up inside Outlook and starts to create an email message. This only occurs if Outlook is already active. It also only occurs with some of the spreadsheets that I sent her. Ideas? You sure your colleague isn't just seeing the "envelop". File|send to|and see if "mail recipient" is depressed. JW wrote: > > ...

Excel #60
Help !! - I want to update my excel pricelist from an updated supplier's excel price list. Column A has Suppliers Code in both Worksheets Column B has Suppliers price in both worksheets If text in cell of Column A (my worksheet) = Text in cell of Column A (suppliers worksheet) Then Replace Value of appropiate cell in Column B (my worksheet) with the Value of appropiate cell in Column B (Suppliers Worksheet) My W/sheet Suppliers W/Sheet Code Cost Code Cost AAAA $5.00 AAAA $5.00 BBBB $4.00 BBBB $4.50 Want to replace the val...

Excel 2003 back to Excel 2002
I have been using the Office 2003 demo ans like it. I can't afford it right now. So I have to go back to Office 2002 XP. Will docs I have worked on in 2003 be able to be read back into Word, Excel 2002 XP. Is there anything I should do before going back to 2002 XP before un-installing 2003 to make sure I can read my the doc in 2002 XP? Thanks Pete Carr Hi Word and Excel documents will work without a problem. Access 2003 though may be different -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Pete Carr wrote: > I have been using the Office 2003 demo ans like it. > I can't afford it...

excel 2007 show number of recent documents
Recent documents are not displayed. When I go into Excel Options to Display - "Show this number of recent documents" 'the number field is grayed out. How do I set it? Is there currently a value in the feild?, try clicking the information icon next to it for help! -- The Code Cage Team Regards, The Code Cage Team http://www.thecodecage.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Code Cage Team's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=2 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=31273...

drop down menus in excel #2
is it possible when using a drop down menu to have an error message pop up if you've selected something that has already been used. Example - if you are making seating plans where you want to make sure you don't select the same person twice. There's an example here for preventing duplicate entries with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal07.html#Unique Or you can hide used items in the dropdown list: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal03.html rowing coach wrote: > is it possible when using a drop down menu to have an error message pop up > ...

Excel 2003 + help please with button
Hi all, can anyone tell me why i'm getting a Compile Error: Syntax Error on the line: For lng = 0 me.ListBox1.listcount - 1? Thanks. Sub Button2_Click() Dim lng As Long Dim col As Collection Dim wb2 As Workbook Dim ws As Worksheet Set col = New Collection For lng = 0 Me.Neil.ListCount - 1 If Me.ListBox1.Selected(lng) Then col.Add Me.ListBox1.List(lng) End If Next lng If col.Count = 0 Then MsgBox "No Selections" Else Application.DisplayAlerts = False Applicat...

Opening files in Outlook
Can someone help me?!!!! My PC crashed do to a windows error and I re-installed office 2000. Now everytime I recieve an e mail with .jpegs or other attachments windows tells me that it can't find the specified file. Does anyone know what i need to do to fix this problem? Justgotem <Justgotem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can someone help me?!!!! My PC crashed do to a windows error and I > re-installed office 2000. Now everytime I recieve an e mail with > .jpegs or other attachments windows tells me that it can't find the > specified file. Does anyone know w...

Why would Excel slow down
I am using a basic table with no calculations or associations. A couple of days ago it started to save very slowly. It takes it 1 1/2 minutes to save the file. It's only 870 rows with 12 columns. It's all just basic data. I'm afraid of loosing it. I backup every few minutes, but it makes working on it take forever. Does anyone have any ideas? Nothing else on the computer has been effected. Check this http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Muggs" <Muggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:813C21...

Is there an easy way to create a calendar look up table in excel
I want different dates for milestones in a row of my excel file. Is there an easy way to create a date drop down table. When I click on the arrow for the drop down list a little monthly calender would pop up and I could choose the date I wanted from the calender. ...

Removiing decimals from an excel number
Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and replace but is there a more efficient way? Thanks! =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1)-1) -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Data Analyst" wrote: > Here is the issue: I have numbers like this one - 10000.01.01.200 > > I just want the prime number 10000. How can I do that? I tried Ctrl+F and > replace but is there a more efficient way? > > Thanks! try this =LEFT(A1,FIND(".",A1,1)-1)...

Linking to Files in other Folders using Excel VBA
Hi, I want to create a macro in a workbook that automatically links to other worksheets. For instance, if i run the following code below, cell E12 will automatically link to cell E12 in sheet "Accounting Data" of file "6460.xls" in folder "C:\My Documents\Accounts\ Range("E12").FormulaR1C1 = "='C:\My Documents\Accounts\[6460.xls]Accounting Data'!RC" I could repeat this code over and over again in reference to other cell ranges, but I'd like to clean it up. I've attempted to do so, with the following code: '-----------------...

Excel Conditional Sum
I am trying to add items delivered to our facility by month. I have column a listing dates by day (date format: 7/14/2004) in column A on a worksheet tab called 'daily activ', column B lists the number of items delivered each day. On another worksheet tab called 'growth' in the same document I have the various months in column A (June, July, etc). In column B I would like to apply a formula pulling from the 'daily activ' tab to sum items for only for that month. I would also like the formula to use a wildcard so it only looks at the month and year. I tried applying ...

Scanning and Excel
I have a great question. Would it be possible to take a document that I scan in with monetary figures on the document and create a corresponding spreadsheet to where the monetary figures populated the corresponding fields on the spreadsheet (i.e. mileage on the scanned document would populate the mileage field in excel, so that I could calculate the total cost for mileage)Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would think that this would depend on your scanner and the software that came with it. And if you got lucky enough to have a scanner that did it and an accurate OCR program, t...

Click on Excel Doc Starts Excel but Excel does not Open the Doc.
Hi When I click on an Excel doc., Excel starts up but does not open the doc. When I rgiht click an .xls and then choose Excel to open it it says that Excel cannot find the document on the indicated path. The path shown is indeed the path to the doc and the doc is there. When I drag an .xls into a runing Excel it opens correctly. Other apps. such as Word open the docs correctly but cannot open docs with links to Excel sheets. Any ideas? Regards, Marc Try looking at this: Tools | Options | General Uncheck "Ignore other applications" HTH hi. try this. Tools>options>g...

Error message: Unable to save / open free/busy information
I have started to get an error message "Unable to save free/busy information. Unable to open the free/busy information." every time I create a new appointment. This just started this weekend. I have tried starting outlook with the /cleanfreebusy switch and this says it is unable to access the server (this is a stand-alone installation of Outlook, it is not linked to an exchange server). I use the default free/busy publishing service provide via MSN and can see from there that free/bust information for appointments I created last week is there. I am using Outlook 2003. Thanks ...

excel
Hello, is it by importing a excel-table to visio to import also the name of the excel-sheet as headline or name of the sheet? Thanks - Angelika ...

how do i save an excel file as .xbrl?
is there an add-on that allows .xbrl saves? thx Frank On 4/11/2010 10:45 AM, Frank wrote: > is there an add-on that allows .xbrl saves? > > thx > > Frank I guess you'd need to tell us what an xbrl file is... Bill ...

MS Office for Mac
I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively for work and it may be the deciding factor. I searched and googled everything possible, but couldn't find the answer. Anyone know? In article <1191605020.863852.230030@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, espinosa.pablo@gmail.com wrote: > I'm in the process of purchasing a MAC, but need to know if MS Office > for MAC include their One Note application. I use this app extensively > for work and it may be the deciding factor. No ...

Opening Email Web Link In New Window
First off, I know about the "solution" to this problem wherein you go to IE's Tools->Internet Options->Advanced and uncheck "Reuse Windows for launching shortcuts". My problem is I use Mozilla and Mozilla doesn't control hyperlinks in Outlook. I hate to get legalistic about this, but the annoying "solution" everyone has to adopt to keep Outlook from trashing their web browser sessions is not only indicative of Microsoft's incompetence, but isn't this an anti-trust issue as well? Why couldn't the Outlook team simply do what IE does when...

Spellchecking in Excel???
I need to translate Japanese into English and German in Excel. The first column is the source language (Japanese), and the two other columns are reserved for English and German. I use the US version of Win XP as well as MS Word 2000 (Office) and MS Proofing Tools. When I am in MS Word, the software recognizes the prevailing language and spellchecks properly. However, in Excel the English spellchecker kicks in, although I highlighted the German column before running the check. The German keyboard had also been selected. How can I do what I want to do? Thanks in advance, S.R. ______________...

"Excel duplicate problem-Duplicate Data"
Hi ! ALFA ! Thank You Very Very Vey Much !!! It's so simple to do it ! I cant believe it !!! This Method is better than Anurag.d teach me ! Ya ! It's excaellnet work ! According to the subject , i have a problems with the duplicate . 1.I have a workbook contained data in sheet 1 . 2.How to find out duplicate data in single column ? Last time I go to other forum , i get a formula =COUNTIF($#$@:$#$*,#@)=1 (example:=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$20,A2)=1 . It can prevent duplicate data key in . 3.I also have a formula to list out duplicate . The formula is =IF(COUNTIF($C$1:C1,C1)>1,"Dupli...

Cannot download two separate accts from one bank
I have an account and my wife has another at the same bank. we have separate Member IDs and PINs. Now I followed the instructions in Money that says to just rename the bank to something that identifies hers and mine. Well I did that. But when I try to logon and download her statements it says to verify user info and password. I verified all that with the bank, they say it's correct. Does Money send my real name and check if I'm on that account or what? In microsoft.public.money, Paul wrote: >I have an account and my wife has another at the same >bank. we have separate ...

Excel #73
I can't open Excel files form my aol e-mail account. AOL help referred me to Microsoft for help. Can anyone help? :0) This is not Microsoft per say, this is a news group on a MS server but AFAIK there are hardly any participitation by MS itself (meaning support people). Depending in the email client you might want check with one of ngs for MS Outlook if indeed that is what you are using. Btw, why do you want to open Excel files from the email, I would save them to my HD first, then open them. So if you have Office and Outlook then post the question in an Outlook ng -- Regards, Peo...

Historical Excel question re: statistical capabilities
Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping with statistical functions built in- or know how I can find out? In the pre-spreadsheet days of my computing past, I used BASIC to code statistical functions necessary for my profession. As spreadsheets became more advanced, we all transitioned to using the advanced functionality. My question is when did this occur? Did Excel always have its current complement of statistical functions? Thanks slingsh0t@hotmail.com shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > Does anyone know approximately when Excel started shipping...