Excel ODBC driver created table/data not persistent

I connect to an Excel spreadsheet using Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls)
4.00.6305.00 successfully and I am able to create a new table and insert data
into the the new table and retrieve the inserted new data successfully.

On closing the application however, the new table and its data are gone and
the spreadsheet is never updated. Seems like everything is done in memory.

I am using autocommit mode and issuing an ODBC SQLEndTran/SQL_COMMIT after
both creating the table and inserting the data, as usaul and that works fine
with all other ODBC data sources but not the Excel ODBC data source.

What am I missing?

Correction: I am actually not calling SQLEndTran because the driver reports
it does not support transactions
OK. I found out the cause of this issue was a code path that skipped calling
::SQLDisconnect before freeing connection handle. Now it all works

Printing an Excel doucument

Creating HTML email in Outlook 2007
Hi! I'm using Outlook 2007 on XP SP3 and have suddenly run into a change in the way Outlook seems to work...or at least in the way that I like to use Outlook. Normally all my outgoing emails are in plain text but every now and again I need to send out an HTML email. I'll create the copy in Notepad with appropriate HTML coding and save it as a .htm file. I'll open up a new message, change the format to HTML and then insert the file as text. Up until now that system has worked just fine...until today. I went throught the same procedure and when I went to add file as ...

Windows Update

excel axes

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Creating a Chart from Cells that use a List Box
Hi, I am trying to create a number of charts (e.g., pie, line etc) based on data that is slelected from a list box (i.e., data validation). What i would like to do is create the charts before any data is entered (if that makes sense) and as data is entered the charts will display this. ...

Excel number / date conversion

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Email from Excel #3

Exporting CRM data/cases
Hi...I'd like to export my data/cases from CRM and need help in identifying a table (SQL) that would contain all data, including notes and attachments. I know there's an AnnotationsBase table and assume that's where the notes/attachments are but cannot find a way to link them back to the actual case. Thoughts? For each entity you have a so called "filtered view" in the <company name>_MSCRM database. This views are "supported" way of getting data from CRM. KTF wrote: > Hi...I'd like to export my data/cases from CRM and need help in identifyi...

version excel

When creating a new Budget, it always picks up my old pay stub information
I've been using MS Money since 2002 and have upgraded several versions up to 2006. In this version, when I try and create a new advanced budget, it automatically populates all the categories that are associated with my pay check (i.e. Gross Pay, Federal Taxes, Medicare, etc.). The only problem is, it's picking up my paycheck from several years back and I have no way of removing it. When I try and click on and edit those items in Budget, the screen just refreshes and nothing happens. I'm unable to delete those entries. What I want to do is enter all my budget items manually. B...

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Publisher 2007 crashes when trying to open website created with 20
One of my websites works with 2007 because it was named index.html within its file but the other doesn't that was named by its name.pub, I tried to rename it index.html but it didn't work, its icon became one of IE instead of Publisher like my first website. I ran office diagnostics and no error was found. Any help much appreciated. ...

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Don't Plot Point but leave in Data Table
I don't want to plot a couple of points in my chart but like to keep them in the data table. How can I accomplish in MS 2007? EXCEL 2007 Try the following (I have a bar chart on the screen in front of me as I do this. It has 9 countries on the Y axis; I will remove 2 of those countries). 1. Click the graph to highlight it. 2. Select Data. Select Data Source window launches. 3. Hit the:- Switch Row / Column button 4. I now have my countries in a list on the left hand side. - click on France and hit Remove - click on Germany and hit Remove 5. Hit t...