Excel 07 won't allow my Excel 03 files to link properly

We recently loaded excel 2007 onto my PC at work, but kept excel 03 on it as
the default program since the rest of the company still uses excel 03.

I noticed that now my links do not work.  Most of my excel reporting is done
as a shell summary workbook that links to multiple source files that have
been exported from our database interface.  (These can be exported as .xls or
..xl5)

Before loading in 07, all of my source files were exported as .xls and
worked fine.  Now, even though I've totally removed excel 07 from my pc and
unistalled/ reinstalled 03, the links will not update.

If I keep my source file as .xls, when I click update, the program becomes
non- responsive.  I can open the source file and it will update, but don't
want to have to do that every single time.

If I open the source file and jusk click save, then close it, then my
automatic update of links does work when I open my shell file and click
update.  (But again, don't want to have to do that every single time)

If I switch my source files to be exported as .xl5, I get the error message
"Workbook has no bound sheets" when I click update.

Please help...thank you in advance!

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

Sub Report Link with Stored Procedures
Hello, I am having a problem with a report and subreport. The main report is a stored procedure and there are 3 parameters (@EndDate datetime,@ChartID int,@GroupID int). I provide the values in the "Input Parameter" of the Main report. For the Sub Report, I have the same three parameters and I place the values also in the "Input Parameter" of the sub report. The field that I link the sub report to the main report on is "AcctLogID". The problem is this link. If I change the control source of the sub report to just a regular query, the report runs fine ...

excel axes

total size of files
I need a script to find out the number & total size of files based upon the file extention across about 30 servers. I'm searching for mdb files. The script will be run remotely against local drives on these servers. Thanks On Nov 18, 10:19=A0am, Tom1 <usernetu...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I need a script to find out the number & total size of files based > upon the file extention across about 30 servers. I'm searching for mdb > files. The script will be run remotely against local drives on these > servers. Thanks <warning> <aircode> with ...

Excel program

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Error Message When opening Excel

Excel number / date conversion

form won't allow input -- it did previously
Two of us have been designing a form, which all of a sudden has stopped allowing any data to be put into it. One can still add data, of course, to the underlying table (there are 2 tables). I checked the Properties for the form and I don't see where data entry is restricted/denied. What could have happened?? Thanks, Meredith In news:AD694662-ED63-4E91-98EA-663D93B9B6A9@microsoft.com, MeredithS <MeredithS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Two of us have been designing a form, which all of a sudden has > stopped allowing any data to be put into it. One can still add dat...

Email from Excel #3

version excel

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...

Function Problem 12-07-07
Hello...ok I have a form with a button that I am trying to get to call on a function. I have been able to do this and the funtion processes but I keep getting an error. Now, the funtion works perfectly if I run it from the switchboard/menu, but when run from the form button I get this error: "The action or method requires a Table Name argument" Here is the code I have: Private Sub Update_All_Records_Click() On Error GoTo Update_All_Records_Click_Err DoCmd.OpenFunction Public_Income_Update_Step_1 Update_All_Records_Click_Exit: Exit Sub Update_All_Records_Click_Err: M...

outlook .dbx files
I have old .dbx files/folders with as much as 654,000K in them. Are these old emails and if so, how can I access them to see what they contain? ...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Conversion Excel 97 to Excel 2003
Hi There, I would like to convert Excel 97 files to excel 2003 I m using Save AS, but little bit confuse what type I have to choose "Microsoft Office Excel workbood (*.xls)" or "Microsoft Excel 97 - Excel 2003 & 5.0/95 workbook (*.xls)". We will not use Office 97 anymore next few weeks. Thank for your prompt response. Wayne You shouldn't have to do anything. If you feel the need, just save as microsoft excel workbook.xls -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Wayne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8286...

Inner Borders in Excel 2007
Before in pre-Excel 2007 world, I used to be able to select a range of cells, click on a button to get vertical or horizontal boarders for the range selected. In Excel 2007 I can only apply outer boarders. Was this feature removed? I now have go to "format cells", then select the "borders" tab to do the same. Where did the buttons for inner vertical/horizontal boarders go? Thanks. louishong - Home ribbon > (Font group) drop down between Underline and Fill Color - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com <louishong@lycos.com> wrote in message...

Filters & Linked Entities
Hi: I'm wanting to perform a query that does the following: Link: -------- Opportunity to SalesOrder to SalesOrderDetail to Product Filter: -------- Opportunity (by Stepname plus 2 custom fields) Return: ----------- SalesOrder and a sumed field from the Product of each item within the SalesOrderDetail I've not been able to use filtered views in the past as I'm accessing the data via a bespoke web front end and I can't rely on windows authentication. I have not found a way of performing an inpersonation within the sql connection string of a crm user, therefore I'm afte...